Top 5 favorite (completed) television shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K07

Super Freak
Reaction score
My criteria for this list is the show has to have concluded and you have to enjoy every season of the show's run. As we're well aware, a bad conclusion to a story can ruin the whole thing.

Seinfeld
Breaking Bad
I Love Lucy
Arrested Development

There are actually a handful of shows I enjoy more than some of these but there were some really BAD seasons that make the show as a whole ineligible to make the final cut. Those include TNG (seasons 1 and 2), Disney's Gargoyles (season 3), B:TAS (season 4), Futurama (haven't seen the newer seasons yet), and The Legend of Korra (hasn't ended yet).

Last edited:
I don't get into many TV shows, but here we go!!

1. The A-Team
2. Batman: The Animated Series
3. Breaking Bad

Off the top of my head ...

The Unit
Deadwood
Star Trek: The Next Generation
House
Smallville

SnakeDoc

Completed shows...hmmm. I guess I haven't really watched much...

1) Spartacus
2) Rome
3) Star Trek Deep Space Nine
4) The Sopranos
5) Star Trek The Next Generation

1. Spartacus
2. Futurama
3. Frasier

Would add Game of Thrones and Always Sunny if they were finished.

1. X-Files
2. X-Files
3. X-Files
4. X-Files
5. X-Files

also:
Breaking Bad
Seinfeld
Babylon 5
Battlestar Galactica ('04)

Don't watch that much TV, and my top 5 comes and goes but those that will forever stay in the top 10 one way or another are:

5 Castle
4 Justice League/Justice League Unlimited
3 Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles
2 Batman: the Animated Series
1 Firefly

Fringe
Seinfeld
Cheers
Firefly
Frasier

Four of these instantly came to mind. One I had to think about for a bit.

Ryan, is Castle completed already?

Forgot about Buffy and Angel, Firefly and Sarah Connor chronicles.

The latter 2 were cancelled before their time. I don't know that you can call them complete in the same sense as a show that gets to end when and how it wants.

Out of Buffy and Angel I preferred Angel and that one ended on a strong season. if either of those were to make my top 5 it'd be Angel.

Good question, got me thinking.

In no particular order:

Buffy
Lost
Seinfeld
Twilight Zone
Bugs Bunny

My wife:

Sex in the City
Lost
Sopranos
The Carol Burnett Show
Melrose Place

I would have put Lost in an honorable mention list. It would have made it in my top five had it not been for how they ended it.

BtVS - actually been powering through the episodes in blocks the last couple weeks, hadnt watched in years, had almost forgotten how good it is.
Cowboy Bebop - one of my favorite to rewatch.
67 Spiderman - yes it reuses the same art in repeated scenes, but this was something I watched anytime I could find it long before I ever read a Spidey comic. One of my favorite box sets and it's Spidey theme is as cool today as it was when I was a kid.
There's probably some I'm forgetting, a lot of shows like Breaking Bad that could possiby make my list, i haven't finished yet so didn't consider them. But from the Eps. I've seen BB and House were both great. Need to just be determined and finish these off.

My criteria for this list is the show has to have concluded and you have to enjoy every season of the show's run. As we're well aware, a bad conclusion to a story can ruin the whole thing.

Seinfeld
Breaking Bad
I Love Lucy
Arrested Development

There are actually a handful of shows I enjoy more than some of these but there were some really BAD seasons that make the show as a whole ineligible to make the final cut. Those include TNG (seasons 1 and 2), Disney's Gargoyles (season 3), B:TAS (season 4), Futurama (haven't seen the newer seasons yet), and The Legend of Korra (hasn't ended yet).

Off the top of my head ...

The Unit
Deadwood
Star Trek: The Next Generation
House
Smallville

SnakeDoc

1. Chuck
  2. Futurama
  3. Sliders
  4. Deadwood
  5. Friends

To a lesser extent, Deadwood, but can we consider Arrested Development completed? There's still either a movie or another season seemingly on the way, last I checked, and, as far as Deadwood goes, while it's most likely never going to happen, without a definite conclusion, there's always a chance that it could make a return in some form, especially with stuff like crowd sourcing catching on.

1. Lost
2. Breaking Bad
3. Alias
4. Fringe
5. Buffy/Angel

Honorable Mentions
Firefly
Pushing Daisies
Chuck
24 (I know, it's back...)
Better Off Ted

Back