Top 5 favorite (completed) television shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I just finished breaking bad season 3 and okay maybe I spoke too soon

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The more I think about it the harder it is, it seems that just about very show I can think of eventually got bad.

Lost got bad in the last season, as did Seinfeld. Can you count True Detective, since technically the series is not over?

My list so far...

Twilight Zone
Fullmetal Alchemist
Sopranos

I guess I have to include Seinfeld, even though the last two seasons were really bad. Seinfeld started getting bad with the Kenny Rogers Roasters episode.

I'm not sure 'slow burn' is quite the right term for Breaking Bad. The first scene sets the stage ... but Walt had a few stops-and-starts in his progress that you have to get past. Once he commits -- around the time he meets Saul and the Chicken Man -- it really hits its stride.

The critical scene for me is where he taps Hank for info about his drug busts... his brother-in-law is a DEA agent and Walter reckons he can get a meth lab going and make a lot of cash as he negotiates terminal illness.

The more I think about it the harder it is, it seems that just about very show I can think of eventually got bad.

Lost got bad in the last season, as did Seinfeld. Can you count True Detective, since technically the series is not over?

My list so far...

Twilight Zone
Fullmetal Alchemist
Sopranos

I guess I have to include Seinfeld, even though the last two seasons were really bad. Seinfeld started getting bad with the Kenny Rogers Roasters episode.

I'm calling True Detective dead at the moment. I know HBO signed Pizzolatto again but it's non-specific. If season 2 proved anything definitively it's that there is no plan for the series, nor a wealth of ideas he's just been waiting to produce.

Dexter.png

Constantine_Show-e1399833122634.jpg

frasier.jpg

00047046-025152.jpg

True-Blood1.jpg

Yeah, I was thinking about that with Seinfeld as well. I put it on my list, but I wasn't fond of the last two seasons. I didn't think the show was funny, and the characters became parodies of themselves. I guess I should change mine since it doesn't fit the criteria. I also forgot about season 8 of Frasier. Oh, and I never watched the renewed season of Arrested Development. This is tougher than a thought! :lol

I love King if Queens too but I can never sit there and binge watch it. I need to sporadically revisit it.

Game of Thrones will likely be my number one when it's all said and done.

My list didn't fit the criteria. For shows that I really enjoyed every season:

1. Breaking Bad

2. The Twilight Zone

3. Home Movies

4. Futurama

5. Married...With Children

If the rules are they have go be completed shows and I have to like every season I would say I only have 3...

-Breaking Bad

-The Office (US Version)

-Parks and Recreation

I would say the other two are That 70s Show and How I Met Your Mother but both shows just let everything go to **** in their last seasons. Im still pissed about HIMYM's ending.

Last edited:
Yeah, there's so many shows that I like that would make it difficult to even come up with a top 10 list. With the criteria, it made it difficult to even come up with a top 5!

I couldn't get through the last season of That 70s Show either. I think I only watched the first two episodes and then saw the finale. It's one of my favorite shows though! I forgot about it!

I didn't realize there were stipulations. Just went by the title of the thread. I guess you can strike True Detective.

Completed shows...hmmm. I guess I haven't really watched much...

1) Spartacus
2) Rome
3) Star Trek Deep Space Nine
4) The Sopranos
5) Star Trek The Next Generation

^I agree with this list. I eventually watched Band of Brothers and it would also now get a mention.

I actually liked the rebooted BSG, not sure if it would be top 5 though.

The first season of Rome was great, but the second season felt way too rushed, cause they were trying to wrap up the series.

I forgot spartacus. Add that please. And daredevil.

Edit: duh...scratch daredevil

I understand the dislike for the last seasons of Seinfeld even if I disagree and would argue those are my favorite seasons from the whole show.

Back