Top 5 favorite (completed) television shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drama

1. The Wire
2. The Sopranos
3. Breaking Bad
4. Deadwood
5. Rome

Comedy

1. Fawlty Towers
2. Yes Minister/ Yes Prime Minister
3. Blackadder (all of them)
4. Get Smart
5. Seinfeld

Breaking Bad
Star Trek TNG
Six Feet Under
The X-Files
The Wire

Next 5:

How I Met Your Mother
Quantum Leap
The Sopranos
Batman The Animated Series
ER

1. Lost
2. Breaking Bad
3. Alias
4. Fringe
5. Buffy/Angel

Honorable Mentions
Firefly
Pushing Daisies
Chuck
24 (I know, it's back...)
Better Off Ted

I LOVE Better Off Ted! I'm surprised anybody has actually seen it! And I also love Pushing Daisies! It was hard not to put them on my list.

To a lesser extent, Deadwood, but can we consider Arrested Development completed? There's still either a movie or another season seemingly on the way, last I checked, and, as far as Deadwood goes, while it's most likely never going to happen, without a definite conclusion, there's always a chance that it could make a return in some form, especially with stuff like crowd sourcing catching on.

Good point. Totally forgot about Chuck. I'm swapping Arrested Development out for that. I love Chuck! I need to pick it up on Blu.

Top 5 favorite shows, not necessarily what I consider the best shows I've seen:

1) The Muppet Show
2) Batman: the Animated Series
3) Star Trek: The Next Generation
4) GI Joe (Sunbow series)
5) Mystery Science Theater 3000

Simpsons will probably be on my list once it's wrapped up. Arrested can't be on here due to season 4. Deep Space Nine and Transformers both had to be omitted to make space for their superior counterparts.

Breaking Bad
The Sopranos

Everything else pales into insignificance.

Since Game of Thrones, Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm, etc. are still ongoing...

5. Seinfeld (I still hear this quoted or referenced nearly every day)
4. The Sopranos
3. Breaking Bad
2. Band of Brothers (no one else mentioned this?!)
1. Deadwood (glad this made so many lists)

1.6 feet under
2. Lost (final suck but the whole series was fantastic)
3. breaking bad
4. Clone wars
5. Dexter

Last edited:
To a lesser extent, Deadwood, but can we consider Arrested Development completed? There's still either a movie or another season seemingly on the way, last I checked, and, as far as Deadwood goes, while it's most likely never going to happen, without a definite conclusion, there's always a chance that it could make a return in some form, especially with stuff like crowd sourcing catching on.

With reboots, and spin-off, and sequels ... is anything really completely finished these days? Two years ago, I'd've put 24 on the list, and it came back out of nowhere. And, next year, I'll put Justified on the list, but there's already talk of a potential movie.

Deadwood and The Unit were both canceled prematurely. I don't see any reason to believe either are coming back. Even if they eventually do resurrect Deadwood, they haven't yet. The "completed" part of the question doesn't require the foresight you're demanding.

SnakeDoc

1. 24 (dunno if it's considered completed or not)
2. The X files/Dexter (a tie)
3. Buffy the vampire slayer
4. Alias/Veronica Mars (in a tie)
5. Star Trek TOS/Sherlock Holmes (Granada series)- in a tie again...

Now, I woul

Back