Best Spin-Off Series?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mom's telling me all her favorites :lol I didn't watch any of this stuff.

Trapper John MD
Diagnosis Murder

NCIS came from JAG. My mother's favorite show is NCIS. She's watching it now.

I forgot that. Wow,JAG, that started when I still had about 4 or 5 years left of school. NCIS would also seem to be my mum's favourite show. That opening credits tune, every time I hear it I can't help but do this

That's what a spin-off is. Take a character that appeared on Raymond, and give him his own show.

SnakeDoc

I didn't realize King of Queens was a spin-off. Love that show. I actually can't stand Raymond. The wife, the mother, and the father annoy the heck out of me. Perhaps they were supposed to?

I considered SVU but lost interest in the show. It just went on and on. But I found the crimes more interesting and the cast was phenomenal.

It's kinda wrong to call TNG a spin-off, tho most sources would say so.
It didn't focus on character(s) or story element(s) from TOS.
Technically it's a sequel series.

It's kinda wrong to call TNG a spin-off, tho most sources would say so.
It didn't focus on character(s) or story element(s) from TOS.
Technically it's a sequel series.

Yeah, and shouldn't the original show still be on air when the spin-off starts? TNG started like 20 years after the original show :lol

I gotta agree that TNG isn't a spin off. It's about the Enterprise. DS9, Voyager, I'd say those are the spin offs since they exist in the world but aren't continuing the story of the Enterprise which is really what Star Trek started as. I mean if you're going to argue the opposite, than you'd have to say TOS is a spin off of the original pilot. Especially because they re-edited it into the Menagerie acknowledging Pike's command.

Back