Tomb Raider (3/16/18)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly liked Grace because she has actually worked on comics and has worked on the movie industry. she worked for marvel. she is not just a narcissistic shallow youtuber but she actually knows about the business. she actually knows some of these people like producers and actors and stuff. Her vids are always filled inside info or updates and stuff

And that is honestly my only problem with her. I'm actually a fan of Grace overall and like her videos, but because she was involved in the business she sometimes speaks like an out of touch "suit" who has no business making creative decisions.

For example, she refers to some actors as "box office poison" because they were in a couple of flops. But the reason those movies flopped were because they were crappy movies; not because of the actor in them. Most people rarely even see movies because of the actor.

Still miles better than MovieBob, who has fallen into an echo chamber of self-important pseudo intellectualism, caring more about what the movie means to his own worldview narrative than if it is actually entertaining or not; constantly using motivated reasoning to either hype up or hate a movie based on how it conforms to his increasingly radical political views.

Saw it last night definitely enjoyed it. Some surprisingly brutal action

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And that is honestly my only problem with her. I'm actually a fan of Grace overall and like her videos, but because she was involved in the business she sometimes speaks like an out of touch "suit" who has no business making creative decisions.

For example, she refers to some actors as "box office poison" because they were in a couple of flops. But the reason those movies flopped were because they were crappy movies; not because of the actor in them. Most people rarely even see movies because of the actor.

Still miles better than MovieBob, who has fallen into an echo chamber of self-important pseudo intellectualism, caring more about what the movie means to his own worldview narrative than if it is actually entertaining or not; constantly using motivated reasoning to either hype up or hate a movie based on how it conforms to his increasingly radical political views.

I already found a new better waifu

hqdefault.jpg

Praise the Lord. I can't stand the current game version of her.

I liked this movie Lara than I did the reboot video game Lara, :lol

I would give it a try better than AC movie. I’m hoping for at least a trilogy. Since it has a good setup for a sequel.

Just got back from seeing this. Went in having not seen anything but the previews. Kinda boring, and no real sense of danger. All this CGI crap is really killing these action movies (what little bit there is). Bring back practical stunts with real obstacles and people, which always in the past gave movies there edge. Now, 99% of the time I can see the transition from CGI human to real, can tell all that crumbling debris was added in post, and it just detracts from the tension. She looked good as Lara, but the constant whiny Daddy issue thing has gotten old. Super slow movie in my opinion; I almost fell asleep a couple times, listening to all the uninteresting jabber in between the few random action pieces. I’m fairly old compared to the majority of people that post here, so I can understand how younger people who haven’t been exposed to enough good movies, to know when they’ve seen a mediocre or bad one, would think this is okay... but truthfully, movies over the last 20 years or so have become overblown, pretty-looking, garbage with poorly written scripts, too much CGI, and hectic jump-cuts to compensate for poor directing. I don’t mind action movies with a plot, but at least make that plot interesting. Comparing this movie to Raiders of the Lost Ark, is like comparing a Toyota to a Rolls Royce.

Sorry if this offended anyone, but overall, I’d give this a 4 -5 out of 10. Not a movie I ever really need to see again.

And wait a second? Waifu? As in you don't actually know Grace? The way you talked about her, I assumed that this was a woman you were actually dating, LOL.

Just got back from seeing this. Went in having not seen anything but the previews. Kinda boring, and no real sense of danger. All this CGI crap is really killing these action movies (what little bit there is). Bring back practical stunts with real obstacles and people, which always in the past gave movies there edge. Now, 99% of the time I can see the transition from CGI human to real, can tell all that crumbling debris was added in post, and it just detracts from the tension. She looked good as Lara, but the constant whiny Daddy issue thing has gotten old. Super slow movie in my opinion; I almost fell asleep a couple times, listening to all the uninteresting jabber in between the few random action pieces. I’m fairly old compared to the majority of people that post here, so I can understand how younger people who haven’t been exposed to enough good movies, to know when they’ve seen a mediocre or bad one, would think this is okay... but truthfully, movies over the last 20 years or so have become overblown, pretty-looking, garbage with poorly written scripts, too much CGI, and hectic jump-cuts to compensate for poor directing. I don’t mind action movies with a plot, but at least make that plot interesting. Comparing this movie to Raiders of the Lost Ark, is like comparing a Toyota to a Rolls Royce.

Sorry if this offended anyone, but overall, I’d give this a 4 -5 out of 10. Not a movie I ever really need to see again.

Speaking of slow and boring try playing the new games... yawn! :lol at least after this she can become the real Lara Croft and not the whiny Lara we currently have in the games.

Good posting.

Saw it today. I thought it was pretty good. Those that had their mind made up about the movie or the actress months ago probably still wont like it. I hope it does well enough for a sequel.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It was alright. Chick playing Lara was fine. Dragged a bit too much though. Needed more action. All the characters just made horrible choices. The whole bike chase thing could have been dropped completely.

Haven’t seen BP nor interested in watching it, but is that good...?

Last edited:
Back