New Tomb Raider game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...Outlast is 4 hours of hiding under a desk. Tomb Raider is 12 + hours of climbing, running and shooting while admiring beautiful locations...

:goodpost: :exactly:

To be fair comparing the two is not apples to apples but your assessment sums it up pretty good. Outlast really is survival horror.

I guess the bang for the buck goes to Tomb Raider, I figured as much. Thanks guys, I'll probably go with that :duff

I'll get Outlast if it's cheapened and or for free with Plus.

Tomb Raider was a mixed bag. Excellent gameplay mechanics and graphics. But divisive extreme violence. I know some people don't care about that, but I never picked up a Lara Croft game looking to unlock the "shotgun to the face" reward.

I don't like the game, but as a fan of the series I have to own them all of the console Tomb Raider games, including <shivers> Angle of Darkness..

You didn't like this one Ryan?

Sorry my brother, I think the action gameplay is fun and all but the story, characters and tone are just a poor Nolan rip off. Will you have a good time? Absolutely, at least on your first playtrough. Will you play it again and again like Uncharted 2? I don't think so. There is no substance to this beyond the cover shooter gameplay, which is what you'll be gravitating to the most. Oh, and whoever thinks quicktime events are compelling should be punched in the face.

I will get this again for PS4 one day, but I'll buy it next to nothing, like those Steam sales.

I dunno man, I know you hate those forced dark and gritty stuff. I say watch the first 15 minutes on Youtube to see if it's genuinely for you.

I think it's worth at least one playtrough, and that's up to you if you think $18 is reasonable.

...Oh, and whoever thinks quicktime events are compelling should be punched in the face...

There were some quicktime events in this game but I wouldn't say there were a lot of them. That being said, I'm with you, not a big fan of them in general.

There were some quicktime events in this game but I wouldn't say there were a lot of them. That being said, I'm with you, not a big fan of them in general.

Hate QTE also but i have to say i like some of the ways they incorporated it here. I liked how if you make a weak jump to a crevice she'll slip and you have to hit the button quick to grab on- adds a sense of danger to being careless. Also liked the alternate trigger taps to scurry up the hill in the beginning. I also like using the word scurry. Those were nice touches anyways, the others i didnt care for and yeah i dont think there were that many.

Just picked GOTY up on steam btw for $6 ...looking forward to another playthru

I think the action gameplay is fun and all but the story, characters and tone are just a poor Nolan rip off. There is no substance to this beyond the cover shooter gameplay, which is what you'll be gravitating to the most. Oh, and whoever thinks quicktime events are compelling should be punched in the face.
55744109.jpg

I think it's worth one playtrough.
Yes.
If only it was as good as its gameplay. Too bad there's nothing beyond.

Back