Tiger stripe 1/6 sideshow wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the look of this figure more than the first. For me it is lacking for the price tag, however. I'll wait this one out.

it ia still cool but its a little funny with the claws out and a neutral expression. I'm pretty sure there is no shortage of 3rd party unmasked wolverine heads available though.

Wanted to take a minute to talk about the QC issues many have mentioned that affected the brown costume Wolverine.

My Wolverine had some sloppy paint application on the headsculpts. The masked head had flesh tone on the edge of the cowl opening and yellow paint on the edge of the black "fin." SSC replacesd it twice and I eventually got one I was happy with.

Many others had similar issues. Some of the arms had blemishes. Some of the costumes had problems, if I recall.

More recently, though, I purchased the SSC Batman figure and I've not seen many QC complaints at all. In fact the only complaint that comes to mind is a couple of people who got loose joints.

I think that while many knock SSC sixth scales based on older figures, it's important to look at the trend. Where we are today is miles beyond where we were a few years ago with figures like the Gotham Knight Batman. While the VALUE of the figures is not as good (all the recent releases are very bare bones on accessories), the QUALITY has drastically improved.

- We're getting drastically better headsculpts (Batman, Flash, Magneto, and this Wolverine come to mind as figures whose sculpts approach perfection in my mind)

- It seems like we're seeing more consistent paint apps, but it might be too early to judge

- Tailoring has vastly improved. Just compare the trunks and capes on the older Batman/Superman figures to the newer efforts to see what I mean.

So I think it's very natural to be concerned about potential QC issues, but I also think you should factor in the clear advancement in SSC's 1/6 game when making your purchasing decisions.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Just read the description and saw the the claws are a separate piece from the hands-- big improvement over the original, where there was a single pair of clawed hands.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/marvel-wolverine-sideshow-collectibles-100438

The description says he's 12". I hope he isn't. Other than the movies he's really around 5'3"-5'5". Do we think SS is going to scale these guys correctly or make every piece 12"? To me scale is everything.

Product Size
Height: 12" (304.8 mm) | *

They nearly nailed the scale in the brown/mustard release, mine stands at about 11.6". Not sure why they got this figure so right, yet missed the scale mark with Thor & Luke Cage. Don't they understand that we want to proudly display these alongside their Hot Toys brothers and sisters?

In the pics, it does look like the same body as the brown version... and for cost efficiency, I can't see why they would use something new. So I'm guessing the scale will be fine.
Actually though, if someone was to pose with HT figures, the HT ones these days are a little over-sized, so even at 12 inches, this figure might still scale ok with them...

In the pics, it does look like the same body as the brown version... and for cost efficiency, I can't see why they would use something new. So I'm guessing the scale will be fine.
Actually though, if someone was to pose with HT figures, the HT ones these days are a little over-sized, so even at 12 inches, this figure might still scale ok with them...

It has the same arms and the same stockiness, so I'd say it's the same body.

It's pretty much a one character body so they wouldn't manufacture it for one Wolverine and not use it on another.

I think this looks fantastic. This is what I wanted when Sideshow first announced the Marvel 1:6 line: comic accurate interpretations. This looks like a Byrne Wolverine to me. I?ll probably buy it when it?s actually released, even though the price is a bit steep (I would?ve liked an unmasked head at that price, but we are getting 3 pairs of arms). If Sideshow would go back and do more comic accurate versions of Cap and Thor, I’d be thrilled.

This is my favorite Wolverine look, but as was said, he needs hairy arms, and he’s too tall for 5’3” comic book Wolvie.

If SS makes a Cyclops, Gambit and a giant Sentinnel [hulkbuster size] I'm in. The issue I have with 1/6 is most villains never get made. I like to create a scene with these guys but good guys cany fight each other.

What are the chances SS or another company makes a Sentinel the size of Hulkbuster?

Has anyone mixed a statue with 1/6 figures? I'm looking at possibly picking up the XM studios Xmen Vs Sentinel 1/6 piece, but just the Sentinel and then weaving in these figures in from SS. Or possibly the Iron Studios 1/10, that beast being 35" high would still scale pretty well with a 12" figure. Dangerous territory I am in...

Last edited:
I feel like the most likely scenario is a 12" Marvel Legends Thing like they did with the Hulk; I really don't see Sideshow or a 3rd party doing it.

Right now I doubt anyone will make 1/6 Fantastic Four figures, it'll take the franchise re-entering the public eye for that.

Hopefully Disney doesn't screw up the inevitable reboot with their "diversity" nonsense.

Back