Tiger stripe 1/6 sideshow wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone mixed a statue with 1/6 figures? I'm looking at possibly picking up the XM studios Xmen Vs Sentinel 1/6 piece, but just the Sentinel and then weaving in these figures in from SS. Or possibly the Iron Studios 1/10, that beast being 35" high would still scale pretty well with a 12" figure. Dangerous territory I am in...

The XM Sentinel diorama is breathtaking in person and takes A LOT of space. Here's a crude video I took of it:

Here you go (apologies for the crappy phone pics):

IMG_8232.jpg

IMG_8233.jpg

Here you go (apologies for the crappy phone pics):

View attachment 473749

View attachment 473750

Fantastic! If you hadn't said anything I wouldn't have known. Only apprehension is SS making Wolverine and putting him with a Sentinel statue and not a Hot Toys figure. On the other thread (IS xmen statue) scale was asked and I still think using these 1/6 figure with the Iron Studios 35" Sentinel might look great. If not then the Mezcos 1/12 figures. That would make for a killer display. Mezcos Wolverine, Cyclops and newly announced Gambit with that Iron Studios Sentinel. I'm not sure if this a rabbit hole I want to go down although the 90s cartoon is special to me.

Fantastic! If you hadn't said anything I wouldn't have known. Only apprehension is SS making Wolverine and putting him with a Sentinel statue and not a Hot Toys figure. On the other thread (IS xmen statue) scale was asked and I still think using these 1/6 figure with the Iron Studios 35" Sentinel might look great. If not then the Mezcos 1/12 figures. That would make for a killer display. Mezcos Wolverine, Cyclops and newly announced Gambit with that Iron Studios Sentinel. I'm not sure if this a rabbit hole I want to go down although the 90s cartoon is special to me.

I have the SS Wolverine next to Homecoming Spidey and a kitbashed Peter Parker and he doesn't look too out of place. Not on HT's level of realism but it still looks fine. I think the tailoring on the tiger stripe suit is twice as good, so displays will only improve.

I have the SS Wolverine next to Homecoming Spidey and a kitbashed Peter Parker and he doesn't look too out of place. Not on HT's level of realism but it still looks fine. I think the tailoring on the tiger stripe suit is twice as good, so displays will only improve.

Good to know. I wish this version came with a screaming face. The pictures SS put out they dont have him posed very dynamically. I'm wondering if hes capable of more than a museum pose. If the body isn't loose and the materials aren't cheap I think this can be a solid release. I'm still stuck on posing him with the Iron Studios Sentinel statue. I think that would be a killer display.

I'm definitely interested in more mutants. I'd love for a 90s era Jim Lee inspired releases but since we're getting Magneto and 2 Wolvies - Sabretooth and Professor X would be my preferences to have something to display together.

I'm definitely interested in more mutants. I'd love for a 90s era Jim Lee inspired releases but since we're getting Magneto and 2 Wolvies - Sabretooth and Professor X would be my preferences to have something to display together.

Thats where the Iron Studios Sentinel statue comes into play for me. 35" Sentinel - looks awesome! Based on the sizes given and scale 1/10 I think Wolverine should scale pretty nicely. 1/10 figures are 10" and 1/6 are 12" so the Wolverine is 17% larger than the 1/10 figures shown in the picture below. Wolverine being 12" and 1/3 size of the 35" give or take it looks pretty good plus he'll be posed and not standing straight up. I think the figures with the statue are a bit underscaled thus making Wolverine a bit smaller. I have enclosed photos with and without the figures. Forgive this quick and dirty PS.

Thoughts?

x.jpg

y.jpg

Last edited:
That looks great.

I think for me though, I'll use the Mafex Wolverine, Cyclops and who ever else they make X-Men wise to go with my Sentinel.

That looks great.

I think for me though, I'll use the Mafex Wolverine, Cyclops and who ever else they make X-Men wise to go with my Sentinel.

Are you picking up the Sentinel and using Mayfex characters? Or you saying that is the route you would go if you were to do it? My second option are the Mezco figures.

Thats where the Iron Studios Sentinel statue comes into play for me. 35" Sentinel - looks awesome! Based on the sizes given and scale 1/10 I think Wolverine should scale pretty nicely. 1/10 figures are 10" and 1/6 are 12" so the Wolverine is 17% larger than the 1/10 figures shown in the picture below. Wolverine being 12" and 1/3 size of the 35" give or take it looks pretty good plus he'll be posed and not standing straight up. I think the figures with the statue are a bit underscaled thus making Wolverine a bit smaller. I have enclosed photos with and without the figures. Forgive this quick and dirty PS.

Thoughts?

View attachment 473781

View attachment 473782

Sorry, but 1/10 figures are not 10" tall unless the character is 100" tall (8' 4"). A character that is 6' or 72" tall is 72/10 or 7.2". That's why you get 12" for a 1/6 figure, 72/6=12. Wolverine is what, 5'8" or 68" tall, so he would only be 6.8" at 1/10 scale. You're mixing feet and inches and getting incorrect calculations.

You need to be using Marvel Legends action figures here.

Last edited:
This looks so much better than the brown one which looked like a cheap kitbash put out by some using a needle and thread to stitch the costume together. Can this body be switched out for a seamless one? It it can I would buy this.

Are you picking up the Sentinel and using Mayfex characters? Or you saying that is the route you would go if you were to do it? My second option are the Mezco figures.

Yeah, I'm getting one, just the Sentinel though. Prob will use Mafex but I might swap them out for Mezco sometimes.

Back