ThunderCats Classics by Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm bummed the animated look is overtaking these figures so much, to be honest. I would have preferred more of a MOTUC approach as they originally envisioned where it was more of a blend of animation, toy, and extra detail. They still look amazing, but I liked the other direction better.

I think due to the fact that it's going to be harder to do part reuse in this line with such diverse looking characters (safari Joe, Hachiman, etc), so imo there will be more bang for the buck in this line that there was in MOTUC.

The Bandai on looks horrible. It's the worst part of the figure. Mezco did the best version.
373cf2f02732dd9fff57da2c639e7a9f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I agree the sculpt is better on the Mezco but the claw shield is supposed to be reflective

Well yes and no. In the cartoon it does reflect but it also appears at times to be fur.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I did it
Actually 1st subscription I bought to date .... All figures just look amazing to me ... I don't want to miss out on the Cat core group ... And so interested in seeing what they do with the Lunatacs .

Anyone else have problem with Matty's website.

I think that is a common statement for most people at least once.

I really hope they show off something unexpected at SDCC. Mad Bubbler or Red Eye would be really cool.

I hope they address if they have SilverHawks and TigerSharks rights and how expansive the line can go (Dogs of War characters? New show characters?)

I subscribed :) It's going to be a long wait till December!
ThunderCats played a big part in childhood. I loved watching the cartoon! I only had a few figures; Lion-O, Snarf, Wily-Kit, Wily-Kat & Mumm-Ra the Ever Living.
In 1994 I was able to buy a lot more on clearance, but I sold most of them again a few years later out of frustration because I had no way to obtain Cheetara...
In 2009 I got back into ThunderCats collecting. I have a near complete collection of the LJN action figures.
If the Mattel ThunderCats will last long enough to remake all of the classic LJN's; I might sell my LJN's in favor of these new ones because I love the details and articulation.

Why's this Mumra an exclusive? Will there be a repaint for the regular edition or something?

As a total noob to the line, i have to say these figurss would fly off the shelves in the UK if they stocked at HMV or Forbiddenplanet, the subscription idea is very weird to say the least. Id consider it personally but its already sold out? The only option would be a pricey secondary market, what a way to make collecting very difficult. Sorry for my ignorance on this subject, but it could all be done so much easier. Crazy Mattel!

With the exception of Mumm-Ra (mummy form) every figure will be available for sale on Matty Collector to non-subscribers. The only difference is that the figures will be priced at $30 each instead of the subscriber price of $25 each.

Back