ThunderCats Classics by Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, even though this year's PowerCon was MOTU only (previous years were TC too) I was sort of expecting news from Mattel... But nothing... Zero info, same with MOTUC...
We'll have to wait for SDCC I guess...

Well hopefully there is a reveal for the SDCC exclusive soon. With the presale going live on Matty Collector on June 16 I wonder if it will just show up with a listing on their website sometime next week with no announcement. If there wasn't going to be one I would have expected them to remove the Thundercats Classic logo from their SDCC announcement but it wouldn't be the first time Mattel has made a mistake.

Well, well!!
The kittens are the exclusive... Weird that they decided to make main characters the ex...
They look awesome!!

4552c909567790212498b915e5aa6079.jpg

I am surprised and happy to get them. Probably the only thing I order to pick up from Mattel (maybe the WWE figure).

They do look great but are also a bit pricey at $60 for the set. I guess they had a higher tooling budget than most of the other figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope these are attainable. I have 2 subs and I'm going to be extremely disappointed if I can't get the main team without hassle.

Those two are core characters. Why Mattel? Is there a chance non SDCC attendees can get this?

Doesn't Matty usually have this stuff on the site the week after Con? It doesn't always stay there long but they usually at least put it up.

I forgot I paid for this sub lol. Well, looks like I'll have to get the thunderkittens from the site in a couple of weeks.

Would they be available to only those who got the sub?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

No. usually con exclusives are available to all on their site a week or so after the con.

The only one exclusive to subholders is Mummified Mumm-ra.

Would they be available to only those who got the sub?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I hope that's how Matty makes them available :pray: As I signed up for the single shipping option I wont be able to use Early Access until December, so hopefully they don't go that route.

On the plus side I'm looking forward to starting my Thundercats collection!

Those two are core characters. Why Mattel? Is there a chance non SDCC attendees can get this?

I would imagine that they were chosen as the exclusives because they don't use the basic buck and required additional tooling dollars. Mattel, true or not, has said that SDCC exclusives have a different budget.

Sorry to be slightly off topic(feel free to move if there's an appropriate thread):

Mattel have now done He-Man and ThunderCats...
I wonder if BraveStarr, SilverHawks, and DinoRiders will follow?

Sorry to be slightly off topic(feel free to move if there's an appropriate thread):

Mattel have now done He-Man and ThunderCats...
I wonder if BraveStarr, SilverHawks, and DinoRiders will follow?

They were teasing DinoRiders for sure. I signed up for the mattey forums just to show my interest. hope they do them, but hope they make them easy to get.

theres going to be a San Diego Comic Con exclusive.. that's kind of obvious since the figures dropped were from the months of July and August

What better way to advertise the line-up than a Con Exclusive?

Hasbro did that with their Marvel 3.75" line back in 2008 / 2009 and again with the return of Marvel Legends a year prior to their release.

Jaga and Grune are most definitely at CON, or available sometime in 2017

my prediction was correct, I'm just a bit bummed that both the kittens cost $60... they could've at least included snarf in the package

Now we just gotta figure out how non-attendees are gonna get their hands on these. Mattel could be setting up a sh** storm if they don't make it at least easy for subscribers to line to be able to get one of these for non secondary market prices.

Very cool package. Mattel only cares about making money. I get that, but you shouldn't get your core fans upset when those same fans have invested their money in your sub programs and you offer a set with two figures important to the whole line. A repaint like a glowing eyes Lion-o or a glow in the dark Mummy Mumm-ra would have been enough. I am going to have to hopefully secure one on Mattels post SDCC sale and if not prepare to pay scalper prices on eBay.

SDCC started off cool but I dislike it now as its turned so scalper friendly. I do applaud what Mezco does. They give everyone a chance to get what they like. Mattel, Hasbro and to a degree Funko not so much.

Back