ThunderCats Classics by Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm assuming the SDCC figure would be the other Mumm-Ra figure. They know it's the one we want, other than Lion-O, so be good a choice for an exclusive.

I wouldn't be suprised if they release the red Lion-O variant as the SDCC exclusive. It's already tooled and would be the easiest option for Matty.

I'm assuming the SDCC figure would be the other Mumm-Ra figure. They know it's the one we want, other than Lion-O, so be good a choice for an exclusive.

I think that would be a better hook to get people to subscribe next year. I was think ghost Jaga since they had planned to do the regular in the sub. Red Lion-O is a good choice as well. Would be awesome if they gave us something like the Mad Bubbler, a figure that was advertised but never made back in the original line.

I did the monthly sub. Only 26.99 showed up on my account. I was expecting to see the price for two and then the dropoff(I'd had a ghostbusters sub from them a few years back but didn't remember the specifics of what happened). Here's hoping it's worth it. If i'm not mistaken, I think mumm-ra comes with both cloaks doesn't he?

I did the monthly sub. Only 26.99 showed up on my account. I was expecting to see the price for two and then the dropoff(I'd had a ghostbusters sub from them a few years back but didn't remember the specifics of what happened). Here's hoping it's worth it. If i'm not mistaken, I think mumm-ra comes with both cloaks doesn't he?

it's not certain...Cornboy said he wasn't sure if the seconde cloak was costed out...but they still advertise it as coming with 2 cloaks- typical

So there will be a SDCC exclusive... I wonder what it would be... variant colors for Evil Lion-O perhaps?

I cannot wait for this line to be released! So exciting!
I hope we get to see more new stuff in the upcoming weeks/months

So there will be a SDCC exclusive... I wonder what it would be... variant colors for Evil Lion-O perhaps?

I cannot wait for this line to be released! So exciting!
I hope we get to see more new stuff in the upcoming weeks/months

Cornboy said its must have! Evil Lion-O variant is not must have

Wiley kit/Wiley cat 2 pack or Jaga/Grune

Im still on the fence about subscribing. Ive been wanting to see this happen for years but with talk about mummra not coming with one of his capes along with the other rumors Im a little scared to go for it.

I really dont know what to do. If this becomes a complete line I will be kicking myself for not getting the decrepit mummra.

If he is indeed comming with only one, you can bet on the second one comming later as an accessoire for another figure. Matty does this with Motu all the time.

If he is indeed comming with only one, you can bet on the second one comming later as an accessoire for another figure. Matty does this with Motu all the time.

Where is that top half of King Hiss that was promised as a free accessory? If they do do the second cape they will charge for it.

I've been out of the Matty loop for a while so forgive my ignorance. Will subscribers have a chance to purchase the SDCC exclusive?

Where is that top half of King Hiss that was promised as a free accessory? If they do do the second cape they will charge for it.

It's quite different I think, Hsss was half a figure, this is an accessory

I've been out of the Matty loop for a while so forgive my ignorance. Will subscribers have a chance to purchase the SDCC exclusive?

Like online you mean? Not sure what they'll do with TC, but usually there's plenty of SDCC figures available on Matty afterwards

Like online you mean? Not sure what they'll do with TC, but usually there's plenty of SDCC figures available on Matty afterwards

Yeah, sorry - I meant purchasing the Ex without attending the show. That's good. I would be a little annoyed to subscribe and then miss out on a figure anyway.

Was reading a post on another board of someone who purchased a new figure from Matty and discovered yet again how horrible they pack their items for shipping. They literally throw the item in a brown thin shipper box and mail it out. No packing material whatsoever. The poster showed pics of how his box arrived damaged, and the toy package was completely crushed. This happens ALL the time with their stuff. Yet another reason why I won't spend this kind of money on any of their subs.

I'm super hyped for this line. But I still love the Bandai Classics they released before they messed with scale and then all together abandoned the line.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Was reading a post on another board of someone who purchased a new figure from Matty and discovered yet again how horrible they pack their items for shipping. They literally throw the item in a brown thin shipper box and mail it out. No packing material whatsoever. The poster showed pics of how his box arrived damaged, and the toy package was completely crushed. This happens ALL the time with their stuff. Yet another reason why I won't spend this kind of money on any of their subs.

Yep,mine came that way too...no packing paper,just thrown in a box to inherit package dings on the trip..

The filmation figures don't come in mailers (just a sleeve) so nothing to protect the box if you want to keep one MINTY

Thankfully I'll be opening mine, but if you donget a mint on yours will be more valuable. A little silver lining?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Yep,mine came that way too...no packing paper,just thrown in a box to inherit package dings on the trip..

The filmation figures don't come in mailers (just a sleeve) so nothing to protect the box if you want to keep one MINTY

To think they charge this much and put zero effort into packing it properly is unacceptable to me. Screw them.

DR definitely charges a premium for shipping. I can ship figures across country cheaper and I don't get anywhere near the bulk discount they probably do.

it's actually very common for mail away exclusives, even in Japan & Hong Kong, this is how 3A ship their items, with a brown shipper that just fits the item box, so there's no room for absorbing impact, any dings on the shipper box gets translated into the inner box. this is normal standard for retail store shipments because they either ship the items in cartons or have specially assigned couriers to transport these items so less chance of damage during transport.

however for mail away it's usually single item shipment, by the cheapest mail service available, so chances of getting dings/squashes are high for something sitting in transit/transport for a month. some companies uses Express so they will be handled fast & lower chance of damage. And in Japan postman are actually more careful when handling packages.

for companies like Matty, 3A, they have to ship alot of these mail aways, so to cut cost & time they just utilize standard packing procedures. I'm surprised nobody made any complaints to them since it's usually involve Premium price & limited editions. Maybe they just don't care?

however online toy shops who ships even more packages everyday tend to do a better job in packing. the outer box may be crushed but the items inside are still mint.

DR definitely charges a premium for shipping. I can ship figures across country cheaper and I don't get anywhere near the bulk discount they probably do.

well you pack the items yourself, they have to hire few guys to do the packing if they sell big numbers everyday. and they have to make more profit to cover their higher operating costs.

Back