Thundercats cartoon series (2011)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Thundercats TV Series Coming In 2011

I didn't see anything indicating that the show is about descendants of the original Thundercats. Its a reboot with younger versions of the original characters. King Claudus was voiced by Larry Kenney, the original Lion-O, so I thought that was pretty cool.

And his voiced sounded EXACTLY the same it was pure awesomeness

i met Larry Kenney at comic con, it was a truly died and gone to geek heaven moment for me. he signed an actionfigure that I bought my older brother. the lion-o classic figure from toys r us.

i met Larry Kenney at comic con, it was a truly died and gone to geek heaven moment for me. he signed an actionfigure that I bought my older brother. the lion-o classic figure from toys r us.

I would totally try to get him to record my voicemail ringtone for me LoL

Just watch this video....hilarious

[ame="https://youtu.be/jSHumYa5Pg4"]302 Found[/ame]

I was surprised how much I enjoyed the new series. I expected it to suck all kinds of ass, but it had great animation, a good story line and I came away w/o a single wtf moment... which is pretty rare for a new animated series.

I did think Mumm-Ra's face was a bit funky looking... his lips look like a collagen injection gone bad, but a pretty minor nit.

I also thought the inclusion of the political (oppression of Lizard people) and spiritual (magic Vs technology) elements were a great addition to make the show more engaging.

I didn't see anything indicating that the show is about descendants of the original Thundercats. Its a reboot with younger versions of the original characters. King Claudus was voiced by Larry Kenney, the original Lion-O, so I thought that was pretty cool.

Yeah, trying to say its descendents would be pretty lame seeing as how they have all of the same characters. If it were a new line-up sure, but as is I think its a straight reboot... but they have changed the location to 3rd earth and made Thundera into a kingdom instead of a planet; although both get destroyed right off the bat.

And hearing the original Lion-O's voice was badass... I didn't notice it was him until Lion-O was dueling with his father. But as soon as he used a more aggressive voice it was dead-on Lion-O :rock Kind of sounds like the "Thunder, Thunder, Thundercats Ho!" from Lion-O is also Larry Kenney.

Nearly as badass was Clancy Brown as Grune :rock

maybe tygra is adopted cause something happened when younger that still to be explained

Good thinking, I was confused by that bit as well... but that is simple and makes total sense :duh

Loved the second episode (or 3rd as its being called since the first was technically a two-parter) and I've watched the premiere about three times now. I'm shocked at how well done this series is. I don't like it because of simple nostalgia, I genuinely want to see how the story unfolds. Its like this generation's Robotech or something.

Just awesome. Even the animation style is a bit of an 80's throwback.

Here's a great interview with the actor who plays the new Lion-O. The bit about him and the other actors just sitting in silence in the recording studio after finishing some particularly dramatic episodes kind of gives me chills!

https://geek-news.mtv.com/2011/08/05/interview-will-friedle-on-being-lion-o/

Forgot about this series. Will have to go and find the first couple of episodes to get caught up. Updated look to things seems pretty cool though I'm surprised some are ok with this. :wink1: :lol j/k

I saw the first two episodes and I have to say that it's a really good show. I love that it shows the beginnings of Lion-O and the gang.

Tho as much as I love this new show, I can't look at Lion-O and not think he looks like a furry version of Cloud Strife from FF7.

Just watched last weeks episode. That was really good from start to finish. The message of the episode was quite good I thought and gives ya something to think about.

Hmmm... I was honestly pretty bored by last weeks episode. It was predictable and the sentimentality of it seemed forced and out of place for the series. Not to mention rather than him aging gradually the character would take massive leaps in a couple of seconds made it less believable.

Guess I'm being too cynical about it :lol

When I first saw the plant creatures, I was thinking they would be the Burbles of this series. They ended up being not as bad. And the ending... :rock

I was honestly pretty bored by last weeks episode. It was predictable

Well I knew how it would end because of the Panthro preview and of course knowledge of how long the little guys would live. But whether or not it was predictable...

"...its the journey galactiboy, not the end...remember that." ;)

They explain why they age so quickly though. :dunno

I get that, but they did not say that the age happens in instant steps, versus how everything else ages which is gradually. If they did specifically say that then maybe I missed that part. But I'm aware of the one day life cycle, I would have preferred the changes to have been more subtle than "I ran away to chase something and then came back aged 10+ years" :huh

"...its the journey galactiboy, not the end...remember that." ;)

Agreed, this one just didn't do it for me. But still interested in the series.

I agree with galactiboy that last week's episode was a bit boring. It was just too sappy/feel-good for my liking.

I think they are trying to weed out the heartless old toy collectors early.

Get it? "Weed" out?

polls_Fozzy_1645_322432_answer_3_xlarge.png

I get that, but they did not say that the age happens in instant steps, versus how everything else ages which is gradually. If they did specifically say that then maybe I missed that part. But I'm aware of the one day life cycle, I would have preferred the changes to have been more subtle than "I ran away to chase something and then came back aged 10+ years" :huh

Someone does mention about their life cycle and why its so quick. Which explains why when he runs away he ages 10 years.

Back