Thundercats cartoon series (2011)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Thundercats TV Series Coming In 2011

Trailer!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rWrh1axPj0M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thought it looked pretty decent. My interest is still peaked and can't wait to see them back on TV.

Surprising enough, that looked good. I may have to give it a chance.

This does look pretty good. :banana

But why was Panthro not in the trailer? :huh

Where the heck is Mumm-Ra?

Agreed that it looks promising though.

Why is everyone bashing the new Panthro?, he looks more rugged and tough, unlike his mutant Vulcan predecessor..i like this.

This does look pretty good. :banana

But why was Panthro not in the trailer? :huh

Yeah that was weird... but he'll be there,
you could see Jaga, the Kittens and Grune as well!

Thundercats-2011-Trailer-044_1298763381.jpg

Thundercats-2011-Trailer-033_1298763336.jpg

Where the heck is Mumm-Ra?

Agreed that it looks promising though.

He's there briefly:

Thundercats-2011-Trailer-010_1298763215.jpg

Why is everyone bashing the new Panthro?, he looks more rugged and tough, unlike his mutant Vulcan predecessor..i like this.

Because the new one sucks balls?...:dunno
Looks like every other generic Anime big guy...
Classic Panthro >>>>> Anime Panthro...

179825_901951524869_11813412_46446101_2724883_n.jpg

Yeah that was weird... but he'll be there,
you could see Jaga, the Kittens and Grune as well!

Thundercats-2011-Trailer-044_1298763381.jpg

Thundercats-2011-Trailer-033_1298763336.jpg

He's there briefly:

Thundercats-2011-Trailer-010_1298763215.jpg

Because the new one sucks balls?...:dunno
Looks like every other generic Anime big guy...
Classic Panthro >>>>> Anime Panthro...

179825_901951524869_11813412_46446101_2724883_n.jpg

Yeah, I like the look of the old panthro way better. The new panthro design has been played out already. The old panthro was simple in design and still looked bad-ass.

I will not be surprised if a lot of you guys hate this Re-boot.
You will never recapture the feelings you had for the show when you were kids.
I was already 14 when I first saw the original, so to me it was good, but nothing special (It's a bit of a Masters of the Universe rip-off, but cooler if we are being honest), but the facts are it was aimed at children 6 to 13 max. The new show will be aimed more for kids of this generation who are of the same age demographic, so be prepared for changes you will not like.

Massive fan of the original, this was what my Saturday mornings were about!

Dino you hit the nail on the head, I can never enjoy the show as much as I did back then because it is aimed at the demographic you mentioned but I like the look of it so far and I am pretty sure my 4 year old son is going to love it

It looks better than I expected... I'm not a huge fan of the design, but will give it a shot.

So does the series take place on Thundera or Third Earth? Looked like Thundera given the large amount of cat characters shown.

Well, personally, I liked the 200x MOTU cartoon... story-wise was much better than the original MOTU, but the designs were a bit overdone, still, I enjoyed it quite a bit.
I'm willing to give this one a chance, despite not liking all of the upgrades, I think Grune, Cheetara and Tygro look great, and the trailer seems to have a more Epic background story...

We'll see...

It definitely looks better than every other reboot of an 80's cartoon that's ever been done, with the possible exception of GI Joe: Resolute. I like that the new Thundercats actually LOOKS like an 80's cartoon, as opposed to the hyper-stylized 21st century looks of other modern reboots like He-Man 2002, TF Animated and GI Joe Renegades.

I'll give it a shot. Looks ok to me so far and I might even dig it as much as I did the 2000's He-Man reboot or Transformers Prime.

Dino- Thundercats was cool but never cooler than He-Man. :p

Back