Thundercats ROAR (new cartoon series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cartoon Network:

Me:

200w.gif

This has got to be a joke. Someone, please confirm this IS a joke, Right?? RIGHT?? RIGHT???

WTF!!.... :slap ... :thud: .... :rotfl

WB must literally be out to ruin all their own properties. :dunno

If we wanna get real here. They both look silly . The 80s one to me looked like a bunch of grown up strippers dressed as cat people. This new one is obviously biting off the teen titans go craze. Which the kids like. It’s still bad tho. Whoever is in charge at WB clearly are on a mission to **** up there characters. Kinda sad how we don’t have action style animation anymore but this overly bright colorful crap nowadays. Damn I’m glad I grew up in the 90s

If we wanna get real here. They both look silly . The 80s one to me looked like a bunch of grown up strippers dressed as cat people. This new one is obviously biting off the teen titans go craze. Which the kids like. It’s still bad tho. Whoever is in charge at WB clearly are on a mission to **** up there characters. Kinda sad how we don’t have action style animation anymore but this overly bright colorful crap nowadays. Damn I’m glad I grew up in the 90s
Anything was acceptable at that time. We had not had anything like that before except for the Japanese shows if one was lucky to see them, but they were mostly robots or soap operas.

In my country, we had access to everything worldwide and I was lucky to experience most of the hit 80s and 90s American and Japanese shows.

These are very different times and strategies we live in.

I think why everyone has their panties in a twist over this is that we're fans of the franchise and want something better to be done with it. I am basing my opinion of this new show solely on the images and agree it looks.........really bad; so much so I don't know what to make of it.

I never put stock in the whole "ruin my childhood" thing, as my was awesome and will always have been because I had shows like the original TCats and Transformers and GI Joe. Whatever this is can never take that away, it's just disappointing that this is what they came up with as something new.

Just watched the trailer and I feel neither negative nor positive about it.

It is obviously trying to catch the TTGo audience.

I'll watch it with my kids like I always do and judge it once it releases. For now though, I am really liking the poster

The best modern adaption of any of the classic 80's toons is - Voltron: The Legendary Defender. That is how you respect the characters, from both Japan and American versions, and come up with new themes and animation. A great mix of comedy and drama.

I hate that so many modern cartoons have this cheap, lazy, bloated, rubbery gum-style to them. Can you draw spagetti limbs and circles? Can you do a simple outline and click the "fill" bucket on Microsoft Paint? Congratulations, you're an animator.

It's almost as bad as the 90's, when they were all wobbly and pukey and Nickelodeon-ugly. Everything looked like Rocco's Modern Life.

There was a shadow-reveal of the new "She-Ra" revamp, which hints that it will also be gummy slop.
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that she won't have that amazing rotoscopic dazzle lightning effect when she powers up. Probably costs more than a dollar to animate, so not considered cost-effective.

Back