Thundercats cartoon series (2011)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone does mention about their life cycle and why its so quick. Which explains why when he runs away he ages 10 years.

I think the point some members are trying to make though is that the rapid aging means there is less time to get emotionally invested in the characters, so the sentimentality of the ending falls flatter than it should have. My wife and I had that very problem with it. At the end, we looked at each other and said "Yeah, we get the point, but it's hard to take it seriously when it's only been a DAY!"

LOVE the Thundertank and Panthro ending though. At least the show is finally catching up to the toy line!! :lol

I think the point some members are trying to make though is that the rapid aging means there is less time to get emotionally invested in the characters, so the sentimentality of the ending falls flatter than it should have. My wife and I had that very problem with it. At the end, we looked at each other and said "Yeah, we get the point, but it's hard to take it seriously when it's only been a DAY!"

LOVE the Thundertank and Panthro ending though. At least the show is finally catching up to the toy line!! :lol

Not even that; as I can get the day life cycle, kind of like an aphid. My issue is that the depiction of the growth is more like a transformation with no subtle/gradual in-between stages of development. He walks away a child and comes back a moment later as a teenager.

Its a small issue, but one that bugged me on top of the unsubtle means of trying to elicit an emotional response which felt inauthentic.

At the end, we looked at each other and said "Yeah, we get the point, but it's hard to take it seriously when it's only been a DAY!"

Exactly. I could see why Lion-O would mean a lot to Emeric. From his point of view, Lion-O was there his whole life and helped the Petalars achieve their life's goal. But I don't get why Lion-O would care so much for Emeric considering they only knew each other for 1 day.

Also, the transformation from kid to adult was too abrupt IMO. Just look at the scene where Emeric is kidnapped by the bird. One moment, Emeric is a kid, next he is a teenager who seems to believe that Lion-O never stopped looking for him for all these years.
The scene itself barely lasted 5 mins in Lion-O's life. So how did Emeric experience that? It just doesn't make sense to me that Emeric would experience it as if the bird kidnapped him for 10 years or so.

Really? I mean... really?! all this talk about some rationale concerning some kid's cartoon and some plant people and how they age? Is this what this generation of geek's life has been reduced to?

Oh for shame. :slap

btw Not a bad toon.

The last episode was pretty good. Liked seeing the team interact and show off their skills. Nice little cliffhanger ending too.

OK, I won't read most of the latest post until I catch up,
since I don't have cable I have to watch the show delayed...
Anywho...
Just watched the first 3 episodes, and I gotta say... WOW!!
This is a great re-boot... loving the whole new mythos and characters... can't wait to watch more episodes soon!!
:rock!!

Silverhawks and Tigersharks makes a cameo! So geeked out! Love this show!

Silverhawks and Tigersharks makes a cameo! So geeked out! Love this show!

I thought the Tigersharks seemed familiar. :lol

I never watched Silverhawks so didn't get that reference. I'll have to watch this one again. And agreed, flipping awesome show. If this was around in the 80's it would be a near legendary part of our childhoods today. Much moreso than the original show, IMO.

Best episode yet!!! (Well, at least as good as The Pilot)

I agree with this. The previous episodes were nice but weren't quite as good as the pilot episodes. But this episode was awesome.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Another solid episode this week. Probably should have been a two-parter (the resolution was extremely quick) but the new characters were great.

Between this show and Season 4 of CW on Fridays starting this week we're going to have the best cartoon double-feature since G1 GI Joe and Transformers.

Last edited:
I'm all up to date with this show via Youtube and i'm hooked on it now, can't wait until these hit Blu-Ray, shame though i hear this show will not air in Canada until next fall..WTF is with that?, kids here are going to love this show.

Is that it for the 1st season? It seemed short, but I don't see scheduled on my DVR anymore. LOVE the show.

I'm all up to date with this show via Youtube and i'm hooked on it now, can't wait until these hit Blu-Ray, shame though i hear this show will not air in Canada until next fall..WTF is with that?, kids here are going to love this show.

bit torrent is their friend

Back