Thundercats cartoon series (2011)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Thundercats TV Series Coming In 2011

Higher Res extended Trailer (can't embed it):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KGj6KGeUto

BTW, just noticed this:

Thundercats-2011-Trailer-Screens-034_1299166427.jpg

Looks familiar...

quetzalcoatl.jpg

Also, still no Panthro, but an older Cat's lair can be seen, as well as Mumm-Ra:

Thundercats-2011-Trailer-Screens-003_1299166336.jpg

Thundercats-2011-Trailer-Screens-008_1299166336.jpg

I'm curious to know if this is Claudus, and why is he figthing Lion-O... maybe getting trained?...
Weird...

Thundercats-2011-Trailer-Screens-020_1299166366.jpg

Well... here's the trailer...

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/opB2f1BUvPk?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/opB2f1BUvPk?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

What I like:
Looks pretty epic, great character designs, and overall quite nice.

What I don't like:
So no Thundera? TC are FROM Third Earth?
Where's Panthro???
:dunno

Not soon enough, I could care less Thundra is a city on 3rd Earth. I think there is some quality behind this reboot. I love the original show but I am ok with an update, I mean it can't be worse than the Clone Wars.

BUMP.

Premiere is ending soon and I don't know if anyone is watching, but this is WOW! I haven't watched 'Thundercats' in years, but this new series is pretty darn good. I'm getting a kick out of it. Brings back memories. I might actually have to follow this series out.

I thought it was fantastic! They took that cheesy old cartoon I watched as a kid and turned it into a LOTR/Shakespearean epic. Very impressive so far.

Just watched it and wow! Movie quality animation and the acting was excellent. My hats off to the writers of the show, its shaping up to be one of my new favorites.

VERY glad it takes plce on Thundera and not on 3rd Earth. Was very excited to watch the first two episodes.

This is what was bugging me....Tygra is Lion-O's older brother, so why is Lion-O going to be King and not Tygra????

maybe tygra is adopted cause something happened when younger that still to be explained

Nick you saw the first 2 episodes? i only recorded the first i think i didnt even know they're was a second episode.. not till next week anyways.

I'm so ____ing pissed I missed it. Is it online yet?

Nick you saw the first 2 episodes? i only recorded the first i think i didnt even know they're was a second episode.. not till next week anyways.

Yea, it was an hour long (2 episode) episode from 8:00-9:00

I'm so ____ing pissed I missed it. Is it online yet?

Hmmm....don't think so. I'll look for it and post a link if I find it.

Had this saved on the DVR and just watched the hour long premiere. Pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing where they go with this.

VERY glad it takes plce on Thundera and not on 3rd Earth. Was very excited to watch the first two episodes.

This is what was bugging me....Tygra is Lion-O's older brother, so why is Lion-O going to be King and not Tygra????

It took place on Third Earth
These are the descendants of the original Thundercats.
That's what I got out of it,cos Mumra wasn't on Thundera.

See I'm right...
Here's the press release from Cartoon Network:

Thunder, Thunder, ThunderCats! Ho!! On Third Earth, the kingdom of Thundera is being threatened by the evil sorcerer Mumm-Ra, and Lion-O, the young heir to the throne, embarks on a great quest to take his rightful place as king. The unlikely champion must work with his faithful comrades Tygra, Cheetara, Panthro, WilyKit, WilyKat, and his loyal pet, Snarf, who join him on his journey to save their world from darkness. From Warner Bros. Animation (WBA), ThunderCats is executive produced by Sam Register (Teen Titans, Ben 10, The Looney Tunes Show), with Michael Jelenic (Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Wonder Woman) and Ethan Spaulding (Avatar: The Last Airbender) producing.

Last edited:

I didn't see anything indicating that the show is about descendants of the original Thundercats. Its a reboot with younger versions of the original characters. King Claudus was voiced by Larry Kenney, the original Lion-O, so I thought that was pretty cool.

I thought this was one of the better reboots I've ever seen. I love Thundercats and I think the original cartoon holds up better than most. But if you're going to reboot, this is how you do it. It's different enough to justify it's existence and they seem to be setting up a very thought-out mythology but it retains the flavor of the original characters for the most part. Can't wait to see where it goes.

The show was great. It made me wonder when I heard that Tygra and Lion-o were brothers. Can't wait for the rest of the season.

Back