Thundercats cartoon series (2011)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Thundercats TV Series Coming In 2011

He-Man and Thundercats were both pretty equal to me as a kid. They were OK, but both paled next to the awesomeness of GI Joe and Transformers. And both still do.

I am unafraid to admit that I wanted to bang this catwoman waaay before anything named Avatar was floating about.
*slowly backs away from thread*

He-Man and Thundercats were both pretty equal to me as a kid. They were OK, but both paled next to the awesomeness of GI Joe and Transformers. And both still do.

:cuckoo:

For me MOTU and TC were way more creative than TF and G.I.Joe
But I do think all of them had great characters and settings, but failed in one thing or the other... for me, personally I'd rank them as follows:

1) MOTU
2) TC
3) TF
4) Joes

But
Quality/Production wise:

1) TC
2) Joes
3) TF
4) MOTU

And
Story-wise:

1) TF
2) TC
3) Joes
4) MOTU

Last edited:

Creative in what sense? I'm not sure how MOTU can be so creative yet have, by your own admission, the worst writing. The character designs were crazy, but that's not necessarily a reflection of creativity. The names of the MOTU characters were some of the most uncreative things I've ever seen with toys (Buzz-Off, Man-E-Faces, He-Man, BeastMan, etc.). I will admit that the MOTU toys were done very well, but I don't think you are referring to that.

If you are referring to character designs and context, how is a show about a race of alien robots that change into cars and planes less creative than a bunch of barbarians and freaks fighting each other or a race of cat people who fight a mummy and other freaks?

1) MOTU
2) GI Joe
3) TF
4) Thunder Cats

That would be the order of mine really. Though cant go wrong with any of them. :lol

That's why I said "For Me"...
No I wasn't referring to writing, that's why I had 3 sets of rankings...

What kind of killed both Transformers and G.I. joe for me a bit, was the earth setting... no chance to explore different worlds...
Well TF a bit, I loved the episodes @ Cybertron...
Don't get me wrong... I love Transformers... specially the toys!!! Amazing designs!!!

What I mean is that in reality, all of them had huge levels of 80's cheese, nothing wrong with that... I like them all! :peace!

Yeah, we can quibble about how good one show is relative to another, but they were all good in their way, and they all beat the hell out of the crap kids are watching nowadays.

:lol I had a big crush on her when I was young... and wasn't she totally naked in the first episode?

PsychoCenobite :horror

cheetara20au20natural.jpg

n3148290099710167612728.jpg

PsychoCenobite :horror

She had no nipples. That is a total turn off!

Hey guys, thought since there has been so much talk about the Thundercat's and upcoming products that I would share one of the cars and its design that I drive in Forza 3. Seems fitting, little off topic, but I hope you enjoy.

tcats4.jpg

tcats3.jpg

tcats2.jpg

tcats1.jpg

*slowly backs away from thread*

Let's face it, this is not the worst thing I've said I want to do.

She had no nipples. That is a total turn off!

Oh they are there they are only visible if you're looking from exactly the right angle, like the entrance to Hogwarts. But ya gotta believe that they're there.

Oh they are there they are only visible if you're looking from exactly the right angle, like the entrance to Hogwarts. But ya gotta believe that they're there.

I guess I never believed :dunno

:(

I wonder what style of animation it might be, as Kids cartoons are rarely drawn like the old Thundercats nowadays

They'll probably look more like this:
bbcharacter.gif

That would be a total fail IMO... need something a more lean and mean.

But most animation today is like Batman the Brave and the Bold.
For example Ben 10 and Wolverine and the X-men.

Back