Thundercats cartoon series (2011)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Thundercats TV Series Coming In 2011

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

They should make it like this....:lol

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/3_npg6PFXII&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/3_npg6PFXII&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

First time I've seen this and it's pretty well done overall. It actually changed my post which was going to be that I wasn't sure they could pull off a live action film so I was REALLY excited for a new cartoon. I realize anything is possible these days I suppose, but Thundercats was one that just seemed hard to make without making it cheesy. If there was a studio behind it that could handle the effects it could be great!

Regarding the news about the new TV series, I'm excited. Yeah they may have hinted at some changes but I'm not going to read too much into it until I see the product they put out. "Power stones" or whatever it was they called them might be a great way to add some more depth to the previous story. It might also suck, we'll see.

I'm currently watching the old series and about to start Season One Vol. 2 this week. While the animation (the intro is still the BEST IMO EVER!) is showing age due to the time it was made, it's still up there and better than I've seen in some current 'toons.

The story however, and I'm not saying it was War and Peace to begin with, is hit and miss between episodes. It seems they've got to a point where Mummra is just happy trying to do away with the sword instead of always trying to capture it for himself. However, it's pretty much all powerful to this point and maybe these "Power Stones" can help keep it exciting if they can combat the Sword of Omens. Just a thought...like I said I guess we'll all see.

I'm excited for the news and can't wait to see some conceptual art (PANTHRO!). Bring on the 'toon and the Pop Culture statues! :yess:

Now if they would just make a kick @$$ Gen 1 Transformers cartoon....

Yea, the stories were pretty generic and bad at times, plus the plots were pretty contrived (just kill Mummra when he goes to sleep in his tomb DUH)...

....but I can still remember loving the episode where Cheetara gets all old when she comes out of the cave :lol:lol:lol

As a HUGE tcats fan I couldn't be more happy to read this earlier today.
It seems like they have a pretty good team of talent behind this so far.

My only gripe is that horrid logo on that teaser poster! Did they give the original logo to a 15yr old that just learned what photoshop is?

-Zoid

I'm all for changes, updates, new this or that. If I wanna see more of the exact same stuff I can just watch the original. As long as they keep the characters true to the originals I'll be happy.

Yea, the stories were pretty generic and bad at times, plus the plots were pretty contrived (just kill Mummra when he goes to sleep in his tomb DUH)...

:rotfl

I love reading stuff like this because when we were kids it just seemed in place. Now I know why my parents rolled their eyes when we watched things like this of the Dukes of Hazard!

....but I can still remember loving the episode where Cheetara gets all old when she comes out of the cave :lol:lol:lol

I'm no expert but I believe you mean Tigra. He goes into the "Cave That Will Make You Old And Will Kill You But You Will Go Anyways", becomes super old and Cheetara has to run in and grab him. (Ever notice how everything on 3rd Earth is named something like this?)I believe they were looking for their source of fuel that had run low and he found some at the cave. They then have to take him to the pool that's like the fountain of youth and that's defended by these wraith like creatures that they fight off so he can get in and become normal aged Tigra again.

Of course you might be talking about another episode I haven't come across yet...I'm only on disc one of Season One Vol. 2.

I'm all for changes, updates, new this or that. If I wanna see more of the exact same stuff I can just watch the original. As long as they keep the characters true to the originals I'll be happy.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Change the characters and it might be done for me. All except Snarf...he could accidentally get sucked out of the airlock while they are in space for all I care.

I'm no expert but I believe you mean Tigra. He goes into the "Cave That Will Make You Old And Will Kill You But You Will Go Anyways", becomes super old and Cheetara has to run in and grab him. (Ever notice how everything on 3rd Earth is named something like this?)I believe they were looking for their source of fuel that had run low and he found some at the cave. They then have to take him to the pool that's like the fountain of youth and that's defended by these wraith like creatures that they fight off so he can get in and become normal aged Tigra again.

Of course you might be talking about another episode I haven't come across yet...I'm only on disc one of Season One Vol. 2.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Change the characters and it might be done for me. All except Snarf...he could accidentally get sucked out of the airlock while they are in space for all I care.

Now that I think of it, you're right, it was Tigra :lol:lol

just recently watched and then sold every episode of TC's boxset as i was into it and the toys big time back in the 80's! as someone said the stories were repetitive but it was great it watch it all again!
bein a kid in the 80's-none of todays cartoons can compare for me personally-its good to see rehashes of old cartoons like
TF animated etc but they cant touch the originals and i think TC's 2011 will be the same!

Now that I think of it, you're right, it was Tigra :lol:lol

:lol

Okay good. I was beginning to think the episodes were going to take a turn for the worst regarding them being repetitive.

just recently watched and then sold every episode of TC's boxset as i was into it and the toys big time back in the 80's! as someone said the stories were repetitive but it was great it watch it all again!
bein a kid in the 80's-none of todays cartoons can compare for me personally-its good to see rehashes of old cartoons like
TF animated etc but they cant touch the originals and i think TC's 2011 will be the same!

I always think of these new series as validation that those of us that believe the best cartoons aired in the 80's are correct. Sometimes they get it right or comparably right and it ends up cool in it's own regard. Some good examples are G.I. Joe Resolute, many of the Batman cartoon series' and from what I've heard the new Spider-Man. Of course there are a lot of turds in there as well....

All except Snarf...he could accidentally get sucked out of the airlock while they are in space for all I care.

snarf.jpg

i am liking the fact that its Anime based, hope it kick ass and not as controlled by the U.S producers, they know what people want and thats action

We can only hope that some of the people who were involved in the original series have some pull over the new series like they did with He-Man 2002. I am really ready for a new Thundercats Animated series.
Remember back in 2003 when He-Man and TMNT had a new series, a lot of people were wondering when Thundercats would come back. Almost 10 years later and it is finally here. This is EPIC news.

Welcome Back Cheetara.

thundc11.jpg

I am unafraid to admit that I wanted to bang this catwoman waaay before anything named Avatar was floating about.

So then this will be dead in about 2 years followed by a highly successful albeit frustrating to procure collector oriented toy line about 5 years later?

:goodpost:

I call fail on this series. So much will be wrong and then will come the classic comeback.

Oh just hope that it's not CGI
That it will not have a "cool" new character that is down wid da kidz
That it does not have a new villian that causes global warming or any other power that has some hidden issue that we push on the children of today.
Did I mention that I don't want it to be CGI?

Welcome Back Cheetara.

thundc11.jpg

I am unafraid to admit that I wanted to bang this catwoman waaay before anything named Avatar was floating about.

:lol I had a big crush on her when I was young... and wasn't she totally naked in the first episode?

PsychoCenobite :horror

Back