Action Figure threezero x Titanfall

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P1020563.jpg
P1020572.jpg
P1020573.jpg
P1020577.jpgP1020575.jpg
P1020582.jpg

Other than the cables in the torso, are there any major parts of the Stryder that are made of rubber (or soft pvc)?

Other than the cables in the torso, are there any major parts of the Stryder that are made of rubber (or soft pvc)?

Hi Thanks for nice comments guys.There is one more piece of rubber on the strider it is the stem piece that connects the main top body part to the pelvis the same as the Atlas.I wouldn't be to concerned about rubber issues on this figure the figure is weathered with a battle damaged look if the rubber was to look worn don't think you would notice it too much its not like the Hot Toys Ed 209 issue where that is more of a straight out of the showroom look with a bit of wear.i would be well pissed if the rubber on that started to crack up as its right on the front of the model.The strider is a nice build but for me it is still not as good as the Atlas theres not much in it between the two,i think the arms on the Atlas have a better bend point and more bend points in the legs than the strider.i think threezero should have designed these models with a baseplate stand with a transparent rod that can screw right underneath the figure to help support.The figures do stand ok on there own but poseing options with weapons are limited unless you want to risk possible desk crash and finger loss.These figures arnt cheap but will break if they fall onto hard surface.If I could only buy one of the figures it would deffinately be the Atlas for me,i feel more time was spent on designing this piece than the strider,maybe threezero could make us a nice diorama stand for these pieces or maybe ill just have to make my own.also when your talking rubber issues the rubber parts don't need bending so hopefully they are less likely to crack,i was put off buying the hot toys john matrix commando figure because the rubber issue on that figure is right on the elbow.if the rubber is gonna crack it will be like that on a joint that is posed left than reposed,hope this helps:)

I got Stryder the other day and with no experience with the game, I like him better than Atlas. He can actually hold his weapons! The lights are cooler too.

Congrats on the newest acquisition, ulysses 31! What do you, and the rest of the fellow collectors here, think about the Militia color scheme for the Ogre. Do you guys think that threezero plans a 3 IMC and 3 Militia combo? I'm only asking this because there are still 2 to 3 weapons that need to be presented (Quad rocket launcher/rapid fire version, and the Triple Threat), and a bunch of rocket pods to accommodate the remaining color schemes.

I've given the wife an advance notice tonight, but she didn't take me seriously. I need to do some major freelance, asap, if threezero plans to have this shipping withing a year to a year and a half.

Titanfall_Ogre_Figure_by_threezero.jpg

Threezero will take its time with the TF line. They have a lot going on outside of it. I believe the plan is to have all three Titans in both colourways, but by the time that happens we'll have a sequel to the game and more figures in the pipeline.

On the topic of Ogre specifically—they haven't said anything about when the pre-order would be.

I think this is the only place on the internet talking about these figures. I had my Stryder delivered a few days ago and it is amazing. I used to collect Takara MP Transformers (last one I bought was Hot Rod/Rodimus a few years ago) and coming from that to my first Threezero piece is amazing. The Stryder annihilates all of those Takara figures. It's massive and gorgeous. I've played Titanfall for hundreds of hours, but it's something else entirely having a super detailed Titan right in front of you. It's like having an awesome dream turn out to be real (at 1/12th scale). The Stryder feels a lot more model-ish than MP TFs as well. Threezero appears to use a different type of plastic than Takara, and I'm not a chemist, but it does feel more like a model than a toy. It also smelled like glue or paint coming out of the box. Does anyone know the type of paint Threezero uses on its toys? My cat has been smelling and nosing up to the Stryder, so hopefully it's not poisonous. Long story short: I love the Stryder. It commands your attention when you walk into a room, and the detail and design is brilliant. Now does anyone know where can I get my hands on an exclusive Atlas with the arc cannon?

Here's my temp setup for them. I just crammed them in a detolf to keep the dust away from them. Eventually I'll build a shelf/display for them specifically, probably with some diorama like blown up **** around them to make it really nice. The only issue is, I can't get started on that because I don't know for sure how many we're going to get.

There was a pic a while back of 3Zs design desk, and there was a mcore Atlas chilling on it. So I'd like to say its safe to assume that we'll get all bots on both sides, however it is 3Z and you can't ever be certain what will happen. In addition to that, at the rate we're going, it'll be 2018 when we see the last Titan. If we're "lucky".

Anyway, these things are awesome. I've never played the game, probably never will, or any of its sequels. I just want more big bots, source material is irrelevant to me. As stated above, these things blow transformers out of the water. I used to be a mainly focused Transformers fan, but after I got Atlas I actually felt ashamed for displaying some of the figures I own. When I look at their Masterpiece line, it seems like a joke in comparison to this and many other collectors lines.

I can only hope this line continues and we see a Titanfall 2 with a bigger robot that we get a fig of.

Attachments

• IMG_20151224_140404329.jpg
    IMG_20151224_140404329.jpg
    596.7 KB · Views: 172
Can the pilots rodeo the Stryder like they do with the Atlas? I haven't had much time to fart around with Stryder because I'm moving and it's boxed up. I want to hear all the things about this guy while it's locked away.

Thanks guys, I'm honestly not too happy with it because they need a lot more room to breathe than this slim cabinet is capable of giving them. And with more on the way, its obviously not the solution.

But I'll test out Stryders pilot and how he can climb the guy. I know for a fact I was playing with him kinda hanging out of the cockpit with it open, kinda like the promo art for the game shows with Atlas. And this thing can pull that off SO MUCH better. Atlas cockpit is so cramped, this is a much needed improvement, whatever they did. Maybe it's the pilot.

Anyways, Merry Christmas guys!

Do you guys think that the Titans need to be slightly bigger? I only have the Atlas for reference and I think the top hatch is too small and narrow for the figure.

They're definitely a little out of scale when you compare it to the promo art. But they couldn't have made the pilots any smaller without losing even more articulation. And I don't think they wanted to make the Titans much bigger.

Great pics guys! I would love to add a Stryder to my shelf with Atlas. However, I know that I could only ever fit two of these guys into my current display so I am waiting on Ogre (which was the Titan I piloted the most in the game). Assuming that I can afford him of course.

I have a Stryder question: the instruction sheet makes it look like the ankles can move and swivel all around, but messing around with mine I've found that the foot will go up and down but that's it. I don't know how fragile it is, but since this is the most expensive figure I've ever had I don't want to push it too far. I've tried moving the ankle a little, but it hasn't budged apart from the foot going up and down. So how much mobility does the ankle have?

Back