Threezero Game of Thrones - Jaime Lannister

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, his features should definitely be sharper. I don't think the likeness is terrible, but when you compare it to how gorgeous the outfit is, it almost looks like it was made by a completely different company. If they could get their portrait work up to the level of their tailoring and accessories, this company would rule the 1/6 world.

I think Jaime looks pretty awesome! Head is kinda not fully there yet, hopefully unlike with Jon they actually fix it up before they release him. Also, those boots next to Jaime, is it just me or do they look like Daenerys's? Possible sneak peek at what's next?

No, I think the boots are for his non-armored look. Instead of making his shin armor overly complicated and strapping it onto his boots, they molded it and just included two sets of boots.

I definitely think the lighting is making the sculpt look more off than it is. But it might be a tad soft, too. The outfit does look great, though.

The lighting is atrocious, as usual, and that's really hurting the sculpt. It's the same as the one in the beginning of this thread. What really is glaring to me in the outfit under the armor. It's thick. Look at the shoulder armor and how far it sticks up on those puffy rounded shoulders. I hope that can be futzed or modified.

I think part of the problem, too, is that they've got him on a body that's too buff for the actor. He really has a slender, swimmer's frame. He's more lithe than the standard muscle-style action figure body.

I so wish somebody would produce a line of fully customizable base body parts so you could Lego together figures with more accurate physiques.

Regardless of how the 3Z sculpt turns out, I will ensure a second sculpt gets made with his wry grin / smirk that make Jaime the consummate lovable bad boy.

I want to display him with and without armour and have two on order.

The armor and all of the little details look fantastic. But poor lighting or not, the sculpt isn't all that impressive. And the top needs work, it's as if he's wearing an inflatable jacket. It should be hanging off of him.

TJcC2rs.jpg

They need to use something other than pleather. For durability and appearance's sake. The large grain doesn't look good when compared to the real garment texture.

Outfit looks good. Sculpt looks way off and generic, so hoping there might be something offered in the secondary market (preferably necked). I'm also thinking this is going to need a body swap as it looks too bulky IMO.

Outfit looks good. Sculpt looks way off and generic, so hoping there might be something offered in the secondary market (preferably necked). I'm also thinking this is going to need a body swap as it looks too bulky IMO.

The neck is a good idea. I've already spoken with one of the digital artists on the board about doing this, one whom I feel confident can nail NCW's likeness. I want to make sure I get exactly the expression I want and a dead-on likeness. Jaime and Brienne are two of my favourite characters in any fiction series ever.

I don't think the likeness is bad.

It's what is expected from threezero really. It's a helluva lot better than Jon Snow,imo. I agree about the muscle body mentioned above. There is one thing I really hate about this figure tht I know will be a big annoyance with me and it's the neckless sculpt. They have all been like this up until this point but they've been concealed by the collar, but this one is really visible. Plus, the glaring difference in skin tone. FFS threezero do something about that. It's like that on the other figures as well. Tbh, I don't expect much, if anything, to change from this prototype, but I'm fairly happy with it. As much as I love that armor his outfit underneath really looks great too and may be how I will display him. At least the boots don't look oversized this time. [emoji38]

Great point about the neck. I like a neckless head sculpt on characters who have exposed chests, and when they can hide the joint by cutting along the jaw, beneath the ear and then right into the hair ... but with the costumes on these guys, none of the figures in this line thus far need neckless sculpts. I think Ned, Jon and Jamie would all benefit from necked sculpts.

What also kind of surprises me about the neck pieces that ThreeZero included on those figures is that they're the standard size.

Most of the time that's a good idea, but when you have characters with this many layers of clothing, engineering a longer neck actually makes them look better. Look at Tyrion. When you strip that figure down, his neck is hilariously long. But it works beautifully when the figure is dressed. At this scale, with so many layers of costume, Ned, Jamie and especially Jon look a little short-necked. The difference is subtle but I think it would improve all three of them.

Back