Three Zero Game of Thrones Drogon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
was hoping this would be made of PVC. Japanese manufacturers do some amazing things with PVC these days at a relatively affordable price. I'd gladly accept some cleverly designed seam lines here and there. Too bad. I assume this piece is going to end up being pretty rare as most people that want it are priced out.

was hoping this would be made of PVC. Japanese manufacturers do some amazing things with PVC these days at a relatively affordable price. I'd gladly accept some cleverly designed seam lines here and there. Too bad. I assume this piece is going to end up being pretty rare as most people that want it are priced out.

Yeah as basically a gigantic accessory there's no reason they can't use a cheaper and lighter material. I don't think that many would be bothered. This isn't in their wheelhouse. I almost hope they're basically having someone else do it for them and the price is that high because of that and it actually comes out well for those who throw down $1500!

It will definitely be a very rare piece. I know there are some rabid fans out there but I wonder if ThreeZero will sell 100 of these? Hell, can they sell 50?

Tempted to get this but the price! [emoji857]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ex would be $1700. :lol

For the people who buy this, what will they do when ThreeZero makes another plastic dragon? There's three. Or makes the Night King's zombified dragon.

The prototype of the Dragon looks so much more high end next to their poorly painted Daenerys lol. Even if you do get it, You're def going to have to give her a repaint to match that quality.

It feels like this thing has shipping included from Asia like custom statues or XM statues that’s $200-$500 in shipping costs. Assuming that is the case it would be $1000 or so which would be much more reasonable. $600-1000 plus $50 domestic shipping and I might be tempted. $1500, no way.

This price is ridiculous. They should focus on releasing the figures they have already announced, including the delayed Arya and white walker figure. If this was $500, I would consider but 1500 is far too much. Still looks awesome though

As soon as I saw the price I tapped out. That’s insane, and a $300 deposit! No way with their reputation for product coming out super late would I even consider hanging $300 out there with them.

Blimey it's £1600 in the UK!! :panic: I could pay off all my outstanding pre-orders with that...and still have a fair bit left over.

Sucks! I'd love to have this since I don't have any other GOT items in my collection but that price just kills it and with this company's reputation, there's no telling what the production piece could look like. I guess doing it in polyresin was their only choice of material. Seems odd as they could have probably pulled it off much cheaper in plastic. Just my two cents.

Surely another company that just does statues could produce something like this for much cheaper?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I guess doing it in polyresin was their only choice of material. Seems odd as they could have probably pulled it off much cheaper in plastic.

Manufacturing in resin is cheaper than plastic by an order of magnitudes.

Steel molds required to manufacture plastic can cost upwards of $40,000. To tool up a newly designed 1/6 scale body, would probably run you $50-60,000 just in tooling costs.

Making silicon molds for resin statues is maybe $60 in costs.

Molding something as huge as Drogon in plastic would require huge steel molds and would be incredibly expensive.

Having said all that, I have no earthly explanation as to why this statue is $1,400 except for the theory that, as mentioned above, perhaps threezero is baking overseas shipping cost into the price, which might account for $200-$300. I think partly what's going on is that even if they priced it reasonably at their true costs, maybe at $800 or so ... they still wouldn't sell enough to make their money back. So they just decided to price it astronomically high so just the die-hards buy it, and threezero will do less work for the same amount of money.

Would you rather make 10,000 hamburgers for $10 each or make 10 hamburgers for $10,000 each?

I don't get this piece? How is it 1/6? It's so small that Daenerys would look like this Funko riding it if you put the 1/6 Daenerys Figure on it.
Drogon looks to be the Fully Grown version and not when it was still a pup so why is it so small?

Attachments

• GOT_Drogon_9039.jpg
    GOT_Drogon_9039.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 141
  • 81TVU46pqvL._SX355_.jpg
    81TVU46pqvL._SX355_.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 141
The up close photos do not make it look very good. The finer details just aren't up to snuff for $1500... it suffers from similar "fake" look as ghost in the sculpt and detail. And this will look worse for the production piece.

Last edited:
Back