Three Zero Game of Thrones Drogon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would too. And I own no other TZ Game of Thrones' figures. It's just that it's unique.

At SDCC this last July Dark Horse showed this 18" replica they are coming out with. Tag says $499.99.

Pretty sure they get the rights to this type of stuff so Three-Zero is not able to make this type of stuff.

ironthrone.jpg

ya possible three-zero only has the licensing for the figs. I still don't get why they dont just make one complete license and if you have it, you have it make what you want period.

Hopefully this time around Dark Horse makes more than a handful of these. The last version they did (which I think was a bit smaller) sold out super quick. I think they may have underestimated demand.

But $500 seems like they're gouging here. Especially since the first version was $300 and had a base. (Even if the throne was a bit smaller, the overall mass and footprint were larger.)

Yeah, and if the throne is $500, then Drogon is gonna cost a grand plus a bag full of blood diamonds.

Some days it feels like this hobby is trying really hard to tell me to quit.

2 edged sword... in many ways you want it to be above what the "average" collector can find/afford but then when it hits home and you add up your existing collection it seems ridiculous to balk at $500 for arguably the most important piece of real-estate in the world of the property in question. It also seems that I should be committed at this point and my wife will wholly consent to it happening.

$500 is a lot for an inanimate piece... but damn it looks fantastic. Still, I wouldn’t want to spend that kind of money unless I know that it’s in the same scale as my figures and not just ‘approximate’.

I would also have questions about the production model looking as good, and being durable. I find polystone/resin to be horribly heavy and fragile. I’d be worried about the fragility of those sword tips.

i want it even though there's currently no space where my Game of Throne figures currently reside.

Woah. Don't know how much it will be, but I'll sell a kidney to have this. And yeah, Threezero posted this on their FB page.

I think the price might be more reasonable than you would think. They have made some really large articulated figures in the 300-400 dollar range.

A bit skeptical... this would require VERY good paintwork to not look cheap. I fear mass production will look like a shiny plastic toy.

Back