Thor (The Movie) *Spoiler- contains character images*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Thor (The Movie)

Not sure about his acting but i think Triple H from WWE Looks like the perfect THOR. Absolutely perfect actually

Anybody know much about Alexander Skarsgard? He stars in HBO's True Blood. I think he'd make a great Thor.

Not sure about his acting but i think Triple H from WWE Looks like the perfect THOR. Absolutely perfect actually

I have to admit. I think he's got that look as well. Unfortunately, I haven't seen much variety from him in terms of acting, other than the WWE and misc. supporting roles like Blade Trinity. But you definitely have a point.

I guess HHH would work. The acting wouldn't be great, but I don't expect much depth from Thor (eat, drink, fight, make time for the ladies), so that isn't such an issue. However, you could take any number of 'roided out freaks, dye their hair blonde (or give them a wig), and there you go. I guess it would be best to have someone with a British accent.

I guess HHH would work. The acting wouldn't be great, but I don't expect much depth from Thor (eat, drink, fight, make time for the ladies), so that isn't such an issue. However, you could take any number of 'roided out freaks, dye their hair blonde (or give them a wig), and there you go. I guess it would be best to have someone with a British accent.

Actually the script has Thor going through some major dramatics. And with Branaugh directing I'd expect he'll cast a real actor.

This guy gets my vote

eomer.jpg

karl-urban-5.jpg

this guy has my vote

Anybody know much about Alexander Skarsgard? He stars in HBO's True Blood. I think he'd make a great Thor.

edit- Just did a search on him and it looks like I'm not the first person to think this.

hed be great! personally i dont like triple h. i think hes too ugly to play thor. thor is kinda a "tough pretty boy" look

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Vladimir Kulich. :clap

He's go the accent, he's got the features, he's got the build, and he's available.

VK1.jpg

VK2.jpg

Mar 11 2009 - Josh Harnett Might be the God of Mischief
More: casting, comic, josh hartnett, marvel, news, superhero, thor

Following up yesterday's news that an extremely Thor-like guy might be in the running for the lead in Kenneth Branagh's Thor, IESB is reporting Josh Harnett is on the short list of actors to play the Norse hero's arch-villain Loki. Personally, I saw Harnett more in the role of Thor's professorial sidekick Dr. Squintz, but I guess this could work if he can figure out a way to make his wooden, GQ staring seem mischievous.

Mar 10 2009 - Man Who is Obviously Already Thor Might Play Thor
More: alexander skarsgard, casting, comic, kenneth branagh, movie, news, superhero, thor

Alexander Skarsgård, son of Stellan Skarsgård and recently seen in Generation Kill and True Blood, is rumored to be in talks to star in Kenneth Branagh's Thor. Apparently a sharp-eyed tip-person at Latino Review saw the actor and director (canoodling?) at a restaurant together, and later LR was somehow able to confirm Branagh had dined there at that time, hinting that the two might be discussing a collaboration.

What can I say that his being Nordic, 6'4", and long blonde-haired hasn't already? You aren't going to find anyone else who gives more of an irrepressible Adventures in Babysitting moment than this guy. Hypothetical casting: approved

March 12 (Reuters) - Media company Marvel Entertainment Inc said it rescheduled the release dates of some of its self-produced feature film properties through 2012.

As per the revised schedule, the release date of the multi-character superhero film 'The Avengers' has been extended by about a year to May 4, 2012, from July 15, 2011.

'Thor', the big-screen adaptation of one of Marvel's popular comic book characters, will now release on June 17, 2011, instead of July 16, 2010, the company said.

"It maximizes the visibility of our single character-focused films, leading to the highly anticipated release of the multi-character The Avengers film in 2012," David Maisel, chairman of Marvel Studios, said in a statement.

The company now plans to release 'The First Avenger: Captain America' on July 22, 2011, instead of May 6, 2011.

However, 'Iron Man 2' will be released as scheduled on May 7, 2010, Marvel said.

Marvel also confirmed that Sony Pictures will release 'Spider-Man 4' on May 6, 2011. Marvel has licensed theatrical rights of Spider-Man, its most popular character, to the unit of Sony.

Shares of Marvel closed at $24.55 Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange.

(Reporting by Bijoy Koyitty in Bangalore; Editing by Himani Sarkar)

Dolph is perfect except for one thing, he's older now and probably looks it and wouldn't be as great in the action scenes as he would have 10-15 years ago. Height, size, and dramatically he could handle the role though.

Article by Zipp
Alexander Skarsgård is not Thor

You know, I’m not a casting director or anything, but I do have enough common sense to tell you that when you’re looking for someone to play a Scandinavian God, you should probably go for the guy who’s, oh, I don’t know, Scandinavian!

In a recent interview with E! Online, Swedish actor Alexander Skarsgård announced that he was probably not going to be playing the title role in the upcoming Marvel movie “Thor”.

“No, I don't think so” Skarsgård replied in response to questions of his likelihood of portraying the God of Thunder on the big screen, “I haven't gotten the call, so…"

This really steams my clams. At a time when it’s been pretty much proven that professional actors make better comic book movies, you would think that Marvel would be pouncing on the opportunity to get a hold of this guy. I’m not too entirely familiar with Skarsgård’s work, but from what I’ve seen, he’s got the goods.

Josh Hartnett has been rumored to play either the part of Thor or Loki (imagine if it was both, what a mind^^^^ that would be). I personally think Hartnett would make a pretty good Loki, and while I don’t think he would be an awful Thor, I just don’t think I could take him playing the character all that seriously.

Maybe Marvel wants to go all 1990’s on us and get a WWE wrestler to play Thor. Jesus Christ almighty is that a scary thought. That’s a trend I think we can all agree is better off dead.

But I don’t know, Brock Lesnar is Scandinavian, as well as incredibly massive and bulky. Hmm, I just visualized him with long flowing blonde hair. I also just visualized him acting. Yikes.

“Thor” is set to be released May 20, 2011.

Back