Thor (The Movie) *Spoiler- contains character images*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Thor (The Movie)

Found this list, pretty funny. ;)

TOP TEN: Movie Titles for a Thor Movie Starring (James Bond) Daniel Craig :

1. For Thor Eyes Only

2. Odinpussy

3. The Man with the Stone Hammer

4. Coldfinger

5. Mjolnirraker

6. Thundergod (ball)

7. Midgard is Not Enough

8. The Spy Who Hammered Me

9. From Valhalla with Love

10. Odineye

This guy gets my vote

eomer.jpg

karl-urban-5.jpg

While I would not mind Karl playing Thor (and I'm sure he would do a good job), he does not look anything like Thor other than having blonde hair, 2 eyes, a nose, and a mouth.

While I would not mind Karl playing Thor (and I'm sure he would do a good job), he does not look anything like Thor other than having blonde hair, 2 eyes, a nose, and a mouth.

agreed, he just looks to instense all of the time.

I'm not sure bout Kenneth Branagh directing this one. Who knows then?

Urban has done the viking action movie already - I think he could be good, but I doubt he could bulk up big enough for the comic purists to be satisfied.
pathfinder-20060828113735848.jpg

As for Branagh directing - excellent choice - he can do smart and he can make smart, fun - see Henry V. The Thor script is very smart yet has all the action beats that we'd want. Given the material I think Branagh will do a great job.

December 2, 2008 | by Carl Lee
Kevin McKidd Still In The Running For Thor
Way back in August 2007 there was speculation that Kevin McKidd was in the running to play the lead in Marvel’s upcoming Norse-god superhero movie Thor. Since then the rumor kind of faded away but today we have an update for you.

At last night’s after party for the premier of Punisher: War Zone, IGN caught up with Kevin McKidd and asked him if he’s still in the running to play Thor.

McKidd confirmed he may still appear as the thunder god, but there’s been “a lot of back and forth” surrounding the project.

Though nothing is confirmed for him, he acknowledged that having Kenneth Branagh directing the movie has made him even more excited about the film. He also stressed he’s up for the lead role of Thor, and not a supporting role.

He's pretty much who I've wanted as Thor. Hope it works out.

December 2, 2008 | by Carl Lee
Kevin McKidd Still In The Running For Thor
Way back in August 2007 there was speculation that Kevin McKidd was in the running to play the lead in Marvel’s upcoming Norse-god superhero movie Thor. Since then the rumor kind of faded away but today we have an update for you.

At last night’s after party for the premier of Punisher: War Zone, IGN caught up with Kevin McKidd and asked him if he’s still in the running to play Thor.

McKidd confirmed he may still appear as the thunder god, but there’s been “a lot of back and forth” surrounding the project.

Though nothing is confirmed for him, he acknowledged that having Kenneth Branagh directing the movie has made him even more excited about the film. He also stressed he’s up for the lead role of Thor, and not a supporting role.

He's pretty much who I've wanted as Thor. Hope it works out.

When that rumor was out and about it was that he was up for a supporting role. He's got the look, just need to put some muscle - he's can get a bit doughy. Great actor too - that would be casting I could live with.

He is my #1 choice, if they stick to the great script and have Kenneth direct with McKidd, this moive could be amazing. It could be a start of a new trilogy of films that would be on par with LOTR.

Kenneth Branagh Talks Thor: Directing and Casting
By Matt Brady
posted: 15 December 2008 07:34 am ET

The film has been the subject of speculation for some time, but Kenneth Branagh has broken his silence about directing a film version of Marvel’s Thor for Marvel Studios.

In speaking with MTV during the junket for Valkyrie, the acclaimed actor/director said:

“I am directing ‘Thor’ or “The Mighty Thor’ as you might like to call it.”

“I think it will be ‘Thor,’” Branagh then added, clarifying what he feels the title will be.

Branagh said that the appeal of the project for him is all about the science fiction and fantasy that is woven together in Marvel’s God of Thunder, and added that the casting rumors to date – with Kevin McKidd leading the pack - are just that: rumors.

“There’s been lots of talk,” Branagh said. “I sound like a politician — but we are too early at this stage. We’re getting the story and the visual effects together and all of that is very exciting. Someone sensational is going to play the part but it is early days.”

The director assured fans that the human story of Thor will take center stage in the “big epic scenario” that surrounds him.

Thor will be the third part in the Avengers “trilogy” of component movies which also include Iron Man and Captain America. According to Marvel, Thor is due to open in theaters July 16, 2010, and the character will join with Iron Man and Captain America in The Avengers on July 15, 2011.

Iron Man 2 is due in theaters on May 7th, 2010, and Captain America is due in theaters on May 6th, 2011.

Branagh will make this thing very legit. It'll feel like Shakespearan lore by the time he is done, I have no doubts about that and I'm wondering what he'll really do with that high of a budget. As for the Kevin McKidd rumors, he is just playing politics, the studios haven't locked up anything and it'd be bad form for him to say "Yeah we are talking to him" because if it falls through it'll look bad or if they are negotiating and the buzz goes nuts it'll cause rifts there.

Its nice to know a director is set and that the work is still progressing nicely though.

New Thor Character Rumor
Source:IESB.net January 4, 2009

How exactly does Marvel's God of Thunder Thor come to earth in preparation for The Avengers? IESB.net might have the answer. The site says:

A reliable source tells the IESB that the character of Donald Blake has been added to the end of the script. Let me reiterate that he wasn't there before, the script was set entirely in the land of the Norse Gods.

The introduction of the character is essential to how Marvel will tie Thor into the Avengers that is set in contemporary Tony Stark/Hulk timeframe. It explains how the actual Thor film will be set in the ancient time of the Norse Gods and how they will subsequently bring the character into a modern time with Donald Blake discovering the magical Norse hammer Mjolnir and turning into Thor.

The site adds that Thor director Kenneth Branagh will have an acting part in the film as well.

Thor is coming to theaters on July 16, 2010 and The Avengers a year later on July 15, 2011.

An ex girlfriend, a theatre buff, loves Brannagh but hates comics; so I relish this news with erumpent glee.

We've seen a lot about Kevin McKidd being a big consideration for the part, but another name I've heard being tossed around concerning possible involvement with the film is Sean Bean. Again, I have yet to see any credible sources confirm this, but I think he'd be fine in the part. Granted, it would just be Boromir in a fancy hat, but I enjoy Sean Bean as an actor. I also think Kevin McKidd would do fine, based on how he performed in the HBO series "Rome."

Looks like Kenneth has thrown out a wide casting call for the God of Thunder:

'Thor' Will Be: Petulant, Wild, Natural Warrior:

What is director Kenneth Branagh looking for in his Thor? Coming Attractions has posted this casting call:

Male MUST BE MID-LATE 20'S and SIX FEET OR TALLER. LEAD.
Physically powerful, very handsome, occasionally egotistical, petulant, and wild. A natural warrior with a quick charming wit who must be genuinely and severely humbled before becoming the compassionate, mature hero of our film.

So, if you know someone who fits the description, I suggest doing all you can to hide this opportunity from them. They've surely led a blessed life from being so physically powerful, very handsome, charming and witty, and you don't need to help them out any more. Why do you even hang out with this dude? As if you're going to get any girls with this egotistical, petulant, natural warrior around.

Anybody know much about Alexander Skarsgard? He stars in HBO's True Blood. I think he'd make a great Thor.

edit- Just did a search on him and it looks like I'm not the first person to think this.

Last edited:
Back