Thor (The Movie) *Spoiler- contains character images*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Thor (The Movie)

So Maybe Hamlet is Directing 'Thor'
Kenneth Branagh, the actor and director known for adapting great literary works like Hamlet, Henry V, and Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, is in talks to direct Marvel Comics' Thor. From Variety:

Kenneth Branagh is negotiating to direct "Thor," the next Marvel Comics property that will be turned into a live-action film by Marvel Studios. Pic will be released in 2010.
Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige's choice of Branagh is surprising, as Branagh hasn't really directed an action-heavy film since his debut on "Henry V," a bloody telling of the British king's conquest of France.

"Thor" comicbook adaptation, penned by Mark Protosevich, follows disabled medical student Donald Blake, who has an alter ego as the hammer-wielding Norse god Thor.

That's strange. But not so strange. Thor has some great moments in literary history too. Like when he fought an actual mongoose who was turned into a supervillain. Classic.

He is PERFECT! Let's hope they go with the Norse God script I read rather than Dr. Donald Blake.

Branagh hasn't directed in a while, but I do like him a lot as a director. Henry V is one of my favorite Shakespeare film adaptations - lots of action too.

I've read the Protosevich script and before I read it I was adamant that Thor had to have some connection to modern day - but I liked the script a lot and I no longer think that.

However Favreau did bring up that point - how do you fit the Norse god in with the more reality based Iron Man and Captain America?

However Favreau did bring up that point - how do you fit the Norse god in with the more reality based Iron Man and Captain America?
shouldn't be too hard. have you seen the ultimate avengers cartoon??? they have sam jackson as nick fury, norton for banner, downey for stark...i think it can and will work.

Simple, do like in the Ultimate Universe where Thor's origins are left to interpretation...some think he's just a crazy, delusional environementalist who thinks he's a god and speak like a Shakespear reject, while other think he's the real deal...would make his character an interesting part of the avengers movie I think.

Simple, do like in the Ultimate Universe where Thor's origins are left to interpretation...some think he's just a crazy, delusional environementalist who thinks he's a god and speak like a Shakespear reject, while other think he's the real deal...would make his character an interesting part of the avengers movie I think.

That's what I was thinking. But then I recalled that the plan is for much of the action to take place in Asgard. So, the viewer would know the real deal, but Thor's compatriots in the Avengers film would not know the truth.

What about this - At the end of the Thor film, Thor is banished to Earth for some reason (due to Loki convincing Odin that Thor is at fault for something, or a similar reason), which results in him losing his Asgardian memories until a big reveal later on at some point? That way, WE the viewers know the real story, but when Thor is asked by Cap or Iron Man how he got his powers, Thor can't remember. That is, until Loki and/or some other Asgardian force of evil makes a play for Earth. Then, all THUNDER AND LIGHTNING breaks loose!

It's all part of the Odin-plan.

That's what I was thinking. But then I recalled that the plan is for much of the action to take place in Asgard. So, the viewer would know the real deal, but Thor's compatriots in the Avengers film would not know the truth.

What about this - At the end of the Thor film, Thor is banished to Earth for some reason (due to Loki convincing Odin that Thor is at fault for something, or a similar reason), which results in him losing his Asgardian memories until a big reveal later on at some point? That way, WE the viewers know the real story, but when Thor is asked by Cap or Iron Man how he got his powers, Thor can't remember. That is, until Loki and/or some other Asgardian force of evil makes a play for Earth. Then, all THUNDER AND LIGHTNING breaks loose!

It's all part of the Odin-plan.

I like that...:clap Now,send this scenario to the makers...

But that's not how the Thor movie is written. It's entirely period and makes no mention of Thor as a superhero or having him fit into the modern world. Protosevich makes no attempt to set him in the Marvel universe of Iron Man and Hulk - I think that's more what Favreau is talking about.

Thor's film could solely be about Thor the God himself. He was supposed to have a cameo in Iron Man 2 and it'd be an interesting idea if he were banished into Donald Blake towards the end of the Thor film only to have his powers reawaken in either Iron Man 2 or in The Avengers. It could work give Thor period films while still keeping him part of the Avengers. Also until the thing films we don't have a final shooting script. There could be reworkings of it already going on

Oct 21 2008: Everyone Stop Thinking Daniel Craig Might Play Thor
More: Casting, Comic, Daniel Craig, Marvel, Movie, News, Superhero, Thor

I was just sitting here thinking how Daniel Craig is probably going to play Thor when I came across this quote at IESB that completely shatters my theory. To the contrary, it turns out Daniel Craig is specifically NOT playing Thor, making me look like a fool:

IESB asked if Craig was interested in doing something a little different character-wise, like Thor?
Craig said no, he turned it down and laughed about it.

Sanchez continued, “seriously, I heard the folks over at Marvel had you on a short list to be Thor.”

Craig said yes they [Marvel] did approach him but he turned it down. He added jokingly, it would have been too much of a power trip, both Bond and Thor, and running around with long hair and a hammer.

Curious how silent he was on the subject of whether the part was then offered to and accepted by Shaq...

This guy gets my vote

eomer.jpg

karl-urban-5.jpg

Urban has the look but has to get on the juice big time to pull off the body of the Thunder God. :monkey3

Back