Thor (The Movie) *Spoiler- contains character images*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Thor (The Movie)

Top Teirs; Isn't it said, when a character has his/her own toy line/series and a movie they are considered to be at the top?... Character wise, I think SM,IM, Hulk, and Wolvie are the top tiers?

IM Never was really top tier until its movie came out..now you can say he's in the top spot along with those 3 others.Maybe Thor will join this group after his movie comes out...:huh

If there were Teirs it would be....

Top Teir = Spiderman, X-men, Avengers, Fantastic Four

Second Teir = everyone else.

IM Never was really top tier until its movie came out..now you can say he's in the top spot along with those 3 others.Maybe Thor will join this group after his movie comes out...:huh

Just hope they do a great job on the movie. But I have my doubts sadly.

Character teir?... and how dare you not add DP to the top. Take that avatar down you heathen

;)

IM Never was really top tier until its movie came out..now you can say he's in the top spot along with those 3 others.

I always thought of Iron Man as a "top tier" prior to the movie. It just seemed (to me) that there has always been a pretty big fan base to that character. I really wasn't interested in the character, but that changed after the movie.

26689new_storyimage8006435_full.jpg

Fantastic Four haven't been "Top Tier" since 1970, had a small resurgance in the 90s with their cartoon and Roger Corman film then again after the feature film but only blips nothing more. The X-Men and Avenger rosters are too many times changed to be considered popular not to mention that any popular mutant finds its way into the X-Men or X-Related teams and The Avengers always accept the new flash in the pans. The only characters who have consistantly been at the top since their creations were Spider-Man, Wolverine and The Hulk. When a movie comes out, the comics push the hell out of it which is why before a movie comes out there might be one or two titles and then after there is like six or seven. It ebbs and flows and to a lesser extent does the same after new cartoons or video games. Just like both major players fold in things from the movies into the books. Peter had organic webshooters after Spider-Man, hell Batman even went full black after the Burton 1989 film. Its the way things have always been run. Spider-Man is the poster child, Wolverine is the cult classic and The Hulk is the face/heel were he is just as popular as a hero as he is as a villain. Everyone else interchanges depending on the flavors of the week.

I tried.. I'm just more of a fan of the old factions. There's too many characters now to keep track of, you are right.

Dunst wasnt sexy and Flamboyant enough to play Mary Jane.

If you wanna know top tier characters, look at marvels toylines character selections, like Marvel Legends.

Jesse Falcon who used to head Toybiz and the creator of Marvel Legends, made it very clear their top tier guys were Spider-Man, Hulk, Wolverine, and Iron Man. Thats why you got at least one of each of those guys in almost every single wave, and usually more often than not, it was Iron Man, just because he's so easily done again and again with his various armors.

So Iron Man was top tier, and is known, alot more than thor IMO, so it helps him a bit, although the movie sold itself because it was great, it had a better known character to jump off with.

Part of the problem with thor is that, just as i've always had a problem with marvel doing this, he's based off pre existing mythology, and then adapted into comic bookdom, just like hercules, and it throws people off a bit. I can guarantee you there are people out there that know Thor the god of thunder, from norse mythology, but don't know hes a comic book character.

Thats why i'd hope for this movie to lean more towards more recent thor books, with more norse stuff in it, less present day nurse with a stick...

If you wanna know top tier characters, look at marvels toylines character selections, like Marvel Legends.

Jesse Falcon who used to head Toybiz and the creator of Marvel Legends, made it very clear their top tier guys were Spider-Man, Hulk, Wolverine, and Iron Man. Thats why you got at least one of each of those guys in almost every single wave, and usually more often than not, it was Iron Man, just because he's so easily done again and again with his various armors.

So Iron Man was top tier, and is known, alot more than thor IMO, so it helps him a bit, although the movie sold itself because it was great, it had a better known character to jump off with.

Part of the problem with thor is that, just as i've always had a problem with marvel doing this, he's based off pre existing mythology, and then adapted into comic bookdom, just like hercules, and it throws people off a bit. I can guarantee you there are people out there that know Thor the god of thunder, from norse mythology, but don't know hes a comic book character.

Thats why i'd hope for this movie to lean more towards more recent thor books, with more norse stuff in it, less present day nurse with a stick...

Good observation and I'd agree on the Teir characters. Not that it really matters.

Also, I agree 100% that they need to base it off the recent books instead of the classics.

Natalie Portman has signed on as the female lead.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i30319b161b10e5dcc3666148772f6d4f

Natalie Portman has been cast as the female lead in "Thor," Marvel Studios' adaptation of its comic book featuring the Norse god of thunder. Kenneth Branagh is directing.

Portman has been cast to star as Jane Foster, who in early comic book lore was a nurse who became Thor's first love. The studio said the character will be updated for the feature adaptation.

Chris Hemsworth is already cast as Thor. Tom Hiddleston is Loki, the god of mischief who serves as the movie's villain.

"Thor" is Marvel's stab at an epic fantasy adventure, spanning from present-day Earth to the realm of Asgard. The story centers on Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war. As punishment, Thor is cast down to Earth and forced to live among humans but once here, he learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth.

Marvel's Kevin Feige is producing.

Principal photography for the film is set for early 2010. The film will be released in the U.S. on May 20, 2011, distributed by Paramount Pictures.

Portman, repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment, next stars with Jake Gyllenhaal and Tobey Maguire in Jim Sheridan's "Brothers." Her comic book and fantasy movie resume includes the recent "Star Wars" trilogy of "V for Vendetta."

Im a bit confused. Jane Foster is the main leading lady of the film? I thought the vast majority of the film took place in Asgard prior to Thor being cast down to earth....if thats the case then how can a mortal nurse be the leading lady?

This movie is going to suck... her acting sucks and she looks like a boy!

Back