Thor (The Movie) *Spoiler- contains character images*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Thor (The Movie)

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Vladimir Kulich. :clap

He's go the accent, he's got the features, he's got the build, and he's available.

VK1.jpg

VK2.jpg

:rock... 13th Warrior is a very underrated flick!!!!!

Article by Zombiezeus
'THOR' Movie Update!

One of the Marvel movie properties we should all be salivating over is "Thor". I mean, the character may not have been handled brilliantly in his comic-faring life, but in the hands of top-notch Hollywood creators, not least of which is director Kenneth Branagh, I’m sure he’ll get his due. This is the exact kind of move Marvel made with "Iron Man"; they took an actor who has directed, someone with a deep and fundamental understanding of how to make movies, and gave them a second-tier character to do with as they would–and look how that turned out.

IGN managed to nab Branagh at a screening of some tele-movies he made called "Wallanders" to ask about what REALLY matters: THOR.

"I shoot Thor in January of next year and because the time of release has been moved, it’s allowed me to have a moment in the summer where I can shoot the Wallanders."

He added, "And, strangely, there’s a weird, pleasing connection between the Swedish Wallander and the Nordic Thor. And as I’ve played a lot of Danish Hamlets, I feel as though my Scandinavian trilogy is forming."

I don’t get the "Wallanders" reference and I’m sure you don’t either, so go check out the original IGN article here, which features handy-dandy hyperlinks to more Wallanders-esque details.

But wait! He also lets slip a tidbit on casting rumors:

"Tom Hiddleston is a great actor and he, amongst a number of others, has been part of the group we’ve spoken to and all that’s still a work in progress."

Who’s Tom Hiddleston? He stars in the aforementioned "Wallanders". Man, I really have to see what this is all about. In the meantime, we must sate ourselves with the measly crumbs of movie news we sometimes get on "Thor" and hope it’s enough to satisfy us.

EXCLUSIVE: Chris Hemsworth Is 'Thor'
EXCLUSIVE: Talk about spot-on casting. I've just learned that Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige and director Kenneth Branagh have chosen their THOR -- and it's Chris Hemsworth, who can currently be seen as "George Kirk" in J.J. Abrams' Star Trek reboot and also just snagged the lead in Red Dawn for United Artists on Thursday. (He's currently filming Joss Whedon's horror flick Cabin In The Woods for UA, and I heard the studio was so hot on him that it cast Hemsworth in the action pic.) The 25-year-old Australian hunk is a virtual unknown here in the United States. But he played "Kim Hyde" on 171 episodes of Home and Away, the successful Oz TV series chronicling the lives and loves of the residents of Summer Bay, a small Aussie coastal town. Hemsworth is repped by partner and co-founder William Ward at ROAR management and agent Ilene Feldman. Marvel Studios has scheduled Thor for a May 20, 2011, release.

The way Chris Hemsworth got the part of Thor is one of those great Hollywood backstories that happens only once in a blue moon. Ward had found Chris during one of the manager's many scouting trips to Australia. Ward brought him to Los Angeles and really put him out there to casting directors and production executives. As for the major agencies, I hear CAA passed on the meeting, Endeavor took it but passed on repping him, and ICM was interested but dragged their feet. But Eileen Feldman got his appeal immediately.

Chris had read for the part of Thor but wasn't given a test because a casting director had nixed him early on. I'm told Chris' younger brother Liam (who's also a ROAR client) then tested for the role of Thor, but Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige passed. Then, after a conversation with Ward ("You've got to reconsider Chris, he's your guy"), Feige decided to let Chris read again. And once Marvel put him on tape, it was "Oh my god". Branagh came to town last week and saw the Chris test and made the final casting decision today.

What a week for Chris since, on Thursday, he just got cast as the Red Dawn lead. Brother Liam, who's only been in Los Angeles for 3 weeks and doesn't even have an agent yet, just got cast the male lead in Last Song opposite Miley Cyrus in the Disney film based on the Nicholas Sparks novel. Both brothers live in William Ward's guest house. Unreal!

Thor's character, in a nutshell, is the Viking god of thunder who wears a winged helmet and speaks in King James Bible-style English, as well as referring to himself in the third person as “the Odinson.” He wields a magic hammer, and can “fly” by throwing the hammer really hard and hanging on to it. Not only is there the movie Thor, but he'll also be interacting later with the likes of Iron Man and Hulk. Marvel tapping Kenneth Branagh is considered a smart move to elevate the pic since the UK helmer has so much experience with Shakespearean battle movies.

For months now, I've been tracking this Thor process though casting directors, agents and the like. Daniel Craig reportedly turned down the lead role. Other names reputedly in consideration were Rome’s Kevin McKidd and WWE champion Triple-H, who previously entered the Marvel universe as a villainous vampire in Blade: Trinity. And also a host of little knowns. (See my previous, Those Who Would Play Thor: Unknowns?) The following actors were tested: Charlie Hunnam (the British co-star of the F/X series Sons Of Anarchy); Tom Hiddleston (award-winning British actor and RADA graduate who played Winston Churchill's son in HBO's The Gathering Storm), Alexandar Skarsgard (Stellan's son who has appeared in the HBO Iraq War miniseries Generation Kill and vampire drama True Blood), Liam Hemsworth (offered a significant role in The Expendables after Sly Stallone saw his tape), and Joel Kinnaman (some Swedish-American dude).

I'd heard Marvel wanted to finalize casting Thor this month. The pic's release was recently pushed back from July 16, 2010, to now May 20, 2011

Just saw Star Trek today...coulda sworn George Kirk was played by the same dude as James Kirk. Whoops. haha :D

Article by Zombiezeus
'THOR' Movie Update!

One of the Marvel movie properties we should all be salivating over is "Thor". I mean, the character may not have been handled brilliantly in his comic-faring life, but in the hands of top-notch Hollywood creators, not least of which is director Kenneth Branagh, I’m sure he’ll get his due.

Huh, what comic is this guy reading?

Thor is one of the more promising comic properties at this point. Seems like it's been ages since it's been in developement. I'm really miffed that there isn't an "Avengers" character movie this year, especially with Iron Man and Hulk last Summer. All we got was that Wolverine bs.

Thor's comic hasn't been that thrilling in the past few years, but I would go so far as to say as he hasn't been handled brilliantly. But as a core Avenger I hope they do this run right!

And if Iron Man is second tier who all is first? Cap, Spidey, and Hulk, Wolverine....

I've been reading Marvel Comics for 30 years and Iron Man is a first tier hero. A good example of a second tier hero is Daredevil.

Who is considered Top Tier really depends on what is hot right now. Spider-Man, Wolverine and Hulk all seem to be consistently in the Top Tier status, even Captain America is considered second tier more often then not. I love Iron Man but in the Silver/Bronze Age he dipped into the second tier status and held there until the Modern Age.

Who's top tier depends on how many tiers you have. In reality the only top tier Marvel heroes are Spider-Man and Wolverine, in that order.:D

In reality the only top tier Marvel heroes are Spider-Man and Wolverine, in that order.:D
Spidey's had 3 films. . .Wolvie's had 4 :monkey3

Other than that, I agree. I was actually thinking to myself today if you could consider Marvel to have a "big 3" or "big 4." Supposedly, DC's "Big 3" are Supes, Wonder Woman, and Batman. You would think that Marvel's would have to be Spidey, Hulk, Wolvie, and maybe Cap, but as you imply, though Hulk has been around basically since the beginning, and had a lot of cartoons and toys and stuff, his recent movies haven't been money-grabbers the way the Spidey and Wolv. . .er, X-Men movies have.

Of course, Wonder Woman still hasn't had a movie. At least Cap had one, even if it wasn't theatrically released (it wasn't, was it?).

Thor, Here's Your Loki: Tom Hiddleston?
More: comic, marvel, movie, news, superhero, thor, tom hiddleston
May 18, 2009

tom-hiddleston.jpg

Following today's earlier news that a guy you'd probably never heard of has been cast as Thor, Nikki Finke has news that some other guy you probably never heard of has been cast as the superhero's arch-villain, Loki:

I've learned that Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige and Thor director Kenneth Branagh have cast their Loki, the nemesis to the lead in Thor set for release on May 20, 2011. He's Tom Hiddleston, unknown to American audiences but an award-winning British actor and Royal Academy Of Dramatic Arts (RADA) graduate. He played Winston Churchill's son in HBO's The Gathering Storm, but, more to the point, note that Hiddleston starred in Ivanov opposite Sir Kenneth on the London stage and also starred with him in the BBC miniseries Wallander. Marvel Studios won't confirm my news, but Hiddleston had been considered as a possible Thor.
Of course, one of the great things about casting no-name actors in blockbuster films is how much budget it clears up for the effects team. Hopefully it will be enough to add the sassy, English-speaking, CGI Pegasus I always thought Thor should ride into battles.

I dont know about you guys but i like when they cast unknowns to play super heroes.... they always seem to do well

Article by Jordan Gonzales
Jessica Biel In Thor?

Kenneth Branagh continues to impress me. Or at least I find the rumors surrounding his movie to be impressive. The latest tidbit on Thor is that Jessica Biel is in talks about a role. She will most likely be playing either Sif or the Enchantress, and I would expect a scantily clad encounter with Thor at some point no matter which lady she plays. That alone will be worth the ticket price. The only thing I wonder about is how well she would fit in with Branagh’s style.

I have really only seen her in Blade Trinity and Chuck and Larry, neither of which is very similar to what I expect from Thor. There is a little concern about how she will tackle the different kind of role, but it is outweighed by my faith in her acting ability. That is why she makes the big bucks. Who am I kidding? She makes the big bucks because she looks good in revealing clothing. I always worry when girls are casted to be a pretty face, but I am confident that if Branagh casts her then she will put on a good performance. I expect him to put together a great movie, and I don’t think he would cast Jessica Biel just as eye candy, and if he thinks she can play the part then I do too. That and I really want to see her as the Enchantress.

Who is considered Top Tier really depends on what is hot right now. Spider-Man, Wolverine and Hulk all seem to be consistently in the Top Tier status, even Captain America is considered second tier more often then not. I love Iron Man but in the Silver/Bronze Age he dipped into the second tier status and held there until the Modern Age.

Top Teirs; Isn't it said, when a character has his/her own toy line/series and a movie they are considered to be at the top?... Character wise, I think SM,IM, Hulk, and Wolvie are the top tiers?

Back