The X-Files Re-Opened: New Seasons From FOX (Season 11 Coming Soon)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This season feels more typical, episode 1 continued mythology, episode 2 carried it on a bit with more of the second shadow government, ghouli dealt with William heavily. I think season 11 has overall better monster of the week episodes and is handling continuation of the mythology and stand alone stories just as well as some of the best classic seasons.

Quite enjoyed this week’s episode, though the opening was unsettling, I have 3 year old son who has no fear about exploring things, I keep my eyes on him like a hawk because the sort of thing this episode hinted at is my worst nightmare.

Sadness is setting in as they promote 2 episodes left, may be the last 2 ever.

Quite enjoyed this week’s episode, though the opening was unsettling, I have 3 year old son who has no fear about exploring things, I keep my eyes on him like a hawk because the sort of thing this episode hinted at is my worst nightmare.

Sadness is setting in as they promote 2 episodes left, may be the last 2 ever.

This week's was really good.

Yeah, I think what's left of this season is probably all we'll get. I just hope they give it a proper ending.

I thought this last ep was a step up and, for me at least, recaptured a lot of the old magic I haven't been getting from the new seasons. Could just be that it played with so many familiar tropes of the series but it all clicked IMO.

I do hope they end with something definitive or at least compelling but I doubt it. I love Carter for his creation but I don't think his trail of breadcrumbs was ever meant to lead anywhere.

This season's had some huge problems right from the outset. For starters they Dallas'd the cliffhanger of the last season, but at least in doing so they set up a very serious-seeming story arc for the season. The problem is right after that they jumped into ridiculous joke/monster-of-the-week episodes that seemed very jarring by comparison, and also wasted slots that could have been used to build up to a solid conclusion for the series as a whole. If it was a full 23 episode+ season they would have the decompression to maybe get away with that, but with only 10 episodes it's a luxury they can't afford.

Lost Art of Forehead Sweat might be the worst episode of the entire series. Regardless of any individual viewer's politics it's going to age horribly by attempting to be so specifically topical. The first three seasons of the show have an almost timeless quality, whereas 20 years from now someone will dig that episode up and be left scratching their head in abject confusion.

I would love for a 2 hour finale, the preview makes it seem loaded with lot to get done in 1 hour.

The latest episode did seem to really draw from things that defined stand out episodes from past seasons and did a great job of keeping you guessing until the end. Reminded me a bit of Die Hand Die Verletzt.

They’re trying to please everyone, some fans like the ongoing conspiracy plots, and some prefer the stand alone investigations, they’re trying to make these special seasons cater to all, and I think they’re doing a good job. Ghouli felt like a stand alone and yet it furthered the William plot.

I say this now, but how the season ends, particularly as it may be the show’s end, may change my perspective. I just hope for a better end than on the run and doomsday coming, like Season 9 and essentially 10.

Yeah, Carter should stay away from "topical" politics. I always laugh when people say they "cringe" at movies but I recall sitting in the theater when they showed the George W. Bush portrait in FBI headquarters and played the signature six-note X-theme as a joke...that's about as close as I ever came to actually cringing. And it was certainly a red flag of things to come.

I'm starting to feel like the Lucas haters of old who wish the franchise would be released to new blood. :lol

I viewed this renewal initially as a chance to go out on a high note. I'm afraid it will be more of a diluted backwash.

But whatever - I came to terms with savoring the joy of the journey rather than the solution to the mysteries when the series originally ended. Nothing that happens from here on out will change my experience with the first few seasons. And it has been a trip to see the cast back together even if it's a mostly superficial thrill.

WhyTF is Scully still a skeptic and doubting Mulder? She's seen crazy ****! She knows Mulder is ALWAYS right. I mean, I get her skepticism 10 years ago, but goddamn, just believe already, bitchh!!!. :dunno

The show feels so mish-mashed

Yeah, half the season fits together, the other half feels like they just wanted to let some writers and director live out their fantasy episodes while the crew is still together.

The last episode focused too much away from Mulder and Scully on uninteresting characters.

I liked the faded celebrity vampire cult and witchcraft episodes, but the sushi restaurant one was yet another attempt at being topical that instead was just laughably out-of-touch. Honestly the biggest problem for me with this season is that it's most likely going to be the last one, ever, and they've pissed away so many of the episodes on monsters-of-the-week and misjudged attempts at social commentary instead of finally tying up all the loose ends and closing the mytharc.

I just want good monsters of the week. The mythology is f'd and at this point not even interesting to me. Every time they show William I wish the show had ended on season 6.

I just want good monsters of the week. The mythology is f'd and at this point not even interesting to me. Every time they show William I wish the show had ended on season 6.

I’m the opposite. The more mythology episodes the better. I just hope the last episode nails it’s. Despite mainly being monster of the week episodes, season 11 has been infinitely better than season 10 for me.

This is exactly how I feel at this point, the mythology stuff has become so convoluted that I don't really care for it.
So far I've really liked this season, the worse ep. so far was that Vampire one, best was Familiar, and I've enjoyed the quirky and unusual eps. The lost art or Forehead Sweat and the Sushi Restaurant.
If anything I think the ongoing mythology is dragging the series down.

That wasn’t as intense as Season 10 finale, but if this becomes the end of the series, I can be ok with it.

It was a nice little revival in 2016. They should have quit while they were ahead.

This season stunk to high heaven.

I think I'm ok with X-Files being done now. While I enjoyed some of the last two seasons, there's no episodes that are worthy of going back to re-watch like some of the classics from the first five seasons IMO.

I actually liked episodes in S11 overall better than S10. My favorites were Plus One, Ghoui, Kitten, Familiar and My Struggle IV.

Back