The X-Files Re-Opened: New Seasons From FOX (Season 11 Coming Soon)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally had a chance to watch this one all the way through, didn't really care for it much, definitely on my least of wouldn't watch it again on repeat, Morgan seems hit or miss, love Small Potatoes and Scully & Mulder Meet the Were Monster, but like Clive Bruckman's just ok, this one was his worst I think, at least the others have a case to be solved, I think this could have worked if it felt more like funny incidents happening on a case and not just spending most of the episode in a garage.

This week's look's very promising though, can't wait.

Yeah, I didn't care for last week's episode at all. In a 24 episode season I could be a bit more forgiving but with so few, it seemed like a real waste.

Last night episode was really good, felt very much like a more classic episode of the series, pacing was much slower, longer scenes, loved the creepy Ghouli, loved the drama behind the William twist, loved seeing CGB back in the FBI pulling Skinner's strings, just a lot to enjoy. I even got a laugh from Bob.

Another really good episode this week, loved digging deeper into Skinner and rekindling the father-children relationship between him and Mulder and Scully. A small appearance, but nice to see Kersh back, they're really finding their stride with the recent episodes.

The vibe of this last one was better but still jumbled.

Did the Sixth Sense kid have a costume that just happened to look like his father's nightmare creature in the closet? Did the dad really kill himself and the kid is so desensitized that he is using the body to lure all the other vets there? Was it the dad or the kid that cut the ear off the other vet and sent it to Skinner?

Also it's a bummer that an episode about Skinner still didn't have all that much Mitch in it, lol.

I didn’t find it jumbled at all, I took it as a child deeply scarred by what was done to his father in the war and his mind was filled with stories from his dad for years and when his dad killed himself, he sought revenge.

I take it as the kid cut the ear off knowing it was something Skinner would instantly tie to his dad and draw him in, and the costume was made in order to inflict his father’s torture on those he felt responsible for letting his dad get the way he is.

I think in a way they want to keep the mystery and keep him as "the devil" that just never goes away and can't be killed.

She should have kept that quiet. To hear that she's done before the series has even aired was a bit of a buzzkill...and potentially spoilery.

When I watch new X-Files episodes like tonight.

picard-facepalm.jpg

I get the point they were going for, but....that was one of the most boring, painful, possibly worst episodes of this show ever.

I actually got a kick out of it. The humor felt less forced than it has for the past two seasons. And the mostly silent interactions gave the actors some fun stuff as opposed to the usual Johnny Exposition dialogue. Though of course they had to throw in the obligatory sex-toy joke.

Not surprised Anderson is out. She did great, weird stuff on Hannibal and American Gods recently. Probably not very fulfilling going back to the well with the boys.

The episode alone wasn't bad. It was pretty well done, i just dislike the direction they've taken the entire season. You know that empty feeling you get after multiple episodes, because there's no progress in the main story(My Struggle)? That's how i feel about S11. The My Struggle episodes is what matters when the show has had it's time allready. Give us the closure. The first episode of season 10 is in my opinion what this reunion should have been. That suspense and conspiracies.

Back