The X-Files Re-Opened: New Seasons From FOX (Season 11 Coming Soon)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually liked episodes in S11 overall better than S10. My favorites were Plus One, Ghoui, Kitten, Familiar and My Struggle IV.

Believe me, it was cool having it back but for me it was kind of like when Jordan retired from the Bulls and then went to the Wizards. It was fun to see again but just wasn't at the same level.:lol

I get what you're saying. There were definite qualities to season 1-5, but I feel like seasons 10 and 11 feel in line with 6-9, so it's not as though they're complete duds, the whole show shifted tone after awhile. There are some great episodes in 6-9, but they lacked the quality ongoing drama of the first 5.

I get what you're saying. There were definite qualities to season 1-5, but I feel like seasons 10 and 11 feel in line with 6-9, so it's not as though they're complete duds, the whole show shifted tone after awhile. There are some great episodes in 6-9, but they lacked the quality ongoing drama of the first 5.

My problem is that after season 5 I started to drift away and only watched once in while, which is most likely why I don't feel as connected to these.

My problem is that after season 5 I started to drift away and only watched once in while, which is most likely why I don't feel as connected to these.

Makes sense. For me, I came into the show with season 6, it was the first movie that really stirred my interest and once I saw it, I liked it so much I started following the show and saw mostly the newer seasons, it would be awhile before I could catch up on past episodes, so in a way, the laters seasons defined X-Files for me so I embrace all seasons, but I do really appreciate the earlier year, lots of great monster of the week episodes. I also love the drama and connection between Mulder and Scully through her cancer.

Makes sense. For me, I came into the show with season 6, it was the first movie that really stirred my interest and once I saw it, I liked it so much I started following the show and saw mostly the newer seasons, it would be awhile before I could catch up on past episodes, so in a way, the laters seasons defined X-Files for me so I embrace all seasons, but I do really appreciate the earlier year, lots of great monster of the week episodes. I also love the drama and connection between Mulder and Scully through her cancer.

That's an interesting perspective. I started giving up when you were just joining it. I started from episode 1 and watched religiously through season 5. I liked the first movie and absolutely hated the second.

The first movie definitely worked the way they intended. I don't hate the second movie, but it doesn't feel like a movie. The first film felt large in scale and bigger than a regular episode, where the second film felt like a 2 hr episode, and at the time, that was to be our first time back with Mulder and Scully and could have been our last.

If nothing else, I'm grateful to Season 10 and 11 for ending our Mulder experience on a better note, and I have to say, while somewhat a cliffhanger, 11 ended in such a way that if we never get answers, I'm ok with it.

I will say, I thought part of the cliffhanger was going to be wondering if it was Mulder or William who as shot, surprised me when they answered that clearly. It was nice to see Mulder finally pull the trigger on CGB after all that he's put him through over the years.

The first movie definitely worked the way they intended. I don't hate the second movie, but it doesn't feel like a movie. The first film felt large in scale and bigger than a regular episode, where the second film felt like a 2 hr episode, and at the time, that was to be our first time back with Mulder and Scully and could have been our last.

If nothing else, I'm grateful to Season 10 and 11 for ending our Mulder experience on a better note, and I have to say, while somewhat a cliffhanger, 11 ended in such a way that if we never get answers, I'm ok with it.

I will say, I thought part of the cliffhanger was going to be wondering if it was Mulder or William who as shot, surprised me when they answered that clearly. It was nice to see Mulder finally pull the trigger on CGB after all that he's put him through over the years.

I was thinking the same way on the Mulder/William who gets shot thing.
As far as CSM, it sucks if they somehow come up with another season (which I doubt) because he was one of my favorite elements of the show.

Well, the way it ends, there are lingering questions, but it also feels like life may move on now with no threats, CSM and the alternate conspiracy group were ended, the aliens aren't going to take over the world, they're back together and having a baby, pretty high note other than William.

Well, the way it ends, there are lingering questions, but it also feels like life may move on now with no threats, CSM and the alternate conspiracy group were ended, the aliens aren't going to take over the world, they're back together and having a baby, pretty high note other than William.

I'd be fine if it ended now (at least as far as Mulder and Scully are concerned). I wouldn't be against a reboot in the future with a new cast and different characters if done right.

Reboot would be tough, Mulder’s personality and approach to the cases is such a big part of what works, too different, like say Dogget, and it’s not as similar, too much the same and people will say he’s no Mulder. Duchovny and Anderson have done audio books, maybe an animated series where it’s less work for them.

Reboot would be tough, Mulder’s personality and approach to the cases is such a big part of what works, too different, like say Dogget, and it’s not as similar, too much the same and people will say he’s no Mulder. Duchovny and Anderson have done audio books, maybe an animated series where it’s less work for them.

In the past I'd say it couldn't be done, but now that I feel that Mulder & Scully's part in the X-Files has come full circle I'd be ok with a different direction.

That's it. I'm done with the X-Files. I even skipped the two before the finale. Done.

Back