The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol That's what concerns me too, I just don't have that much faith in Universal in regards to theming. There's a reason I hardly go there and its because the rides can't make up for the ambiance at Disney.

Hogwarts looks small now that we see someone next to it. Amazing how well forced perspective works.

the space just looks so tiny. i think everyone is expecting this to be a fullsize theme park or something. its just a small section of Universal. Its going to be sooo damn crammed with people.

New picture:
Hagrid's Hut:
a_kjk7643.jpg

:D

the space just looks so tiny. i think everyone is expecting this to be a fullsize theme park or something. its just a small section of Universal. Its going to be sooo damn crammed with people.

Yeah its going to be insanely crowded, but the area that the converted had quite a bit of space. It was pretty spread out.

Opened today!!!!
Was anyone lucky enough to get to go?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/WFHbP5h_7xM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/WFHbP5h_7xM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I do not care that I am 28. I am excited to visit Orlando just so I can go to this. I love Harry Potter, despite my initial non interest in it. I will NOT leave without a Nimbus 2000. :yess:

Why don't we all just do a big freaks group trip. :hi5:

I need to hear a report from someone who has been there. The more I read about it, it sounds like two old rides with new names, one new ride with a really long line, and then a whole bunch of opportunities to spend money.

^^I"m not 100% sure, but I think the old ride the "dueling dragons" was renamed and revamped for the new theme. Its actually a pretty fun ride, but gets old fast.

Nope. As much fun as it looks. I have no desire to go until at least Feb. when the excitement dies down.

I'm attempting September. I could have gone on opening day. I can literally see Universal from my window at work. But there was no way in hell I was battling that crowd. I know somoene who went and they waiting 6 hours just to get into that part of the theme park.

I need to hear a report from someone who has been there. The more I read about it, it sounds like two old rides with new names, one new ride with a really long line, and then a whole bunch of opportunities to spend money.

That is essentially it. An adult coaster which was Dueling Dragons is now the Dragon Challenge from the Tri-Wizard Tournament. Flight of Unicorn, a kiddie coaster, is now flight of the hippogriff. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is supposed to the be the most technologically advanced ride. It is like Spider-Man but better and it sounds truly amazing.

I don't care about the rides. Even in WDW I'm more interested in the environment than the attractions.

But I'm not standing in this:

hpline.jpg

See you in about 2013, Potter! :lol

I'm attempting September. I could have gone on opening day. I can literally see Universal from my window at work. But there was no way in hell I was battling that crowd. I know somoene who went and they waiting 6 hours just to get into that part of the theme park.

I'd never wait more than 1 hour for something like this. I'd turn around and go home. I guess that's the luxury of living 30 minutes away from the theme park, but I just hate standing shoulder to shoulder to that many people...especially in 90+ degree heat, and most people need to take a shower.

~~Let me know how crowded it is and what day of the week you went. I'd always go between Tues-Thurs when most people would be at work or something.

Back