The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not surprising. Scott Gimple sucks at writing. Kirkman's writing style was a good format that they followed more initially. But Scott has decided to deviate and his true lack of storytelling is showing. This show needs new writing.

Kirkman's best comic was Invincible anyways.

HOW can you DEFEND THIS???? seriously wtf. as much as joke and mess around this is f--ed up from the network.... i know you love this soap but come on lady...
GO do a google search on last night's episode and see how many people are turning against it, I know I've joked in the past but this is f--ed up. How can you be so okay with them doing this? im being serious now, completely serious. First the Creator of the COMIC sues them and now they screw up one of the biggest characters of the comic? wtf ween

and if you cared about the show you SHOULD be worried because Carl played an important part... from now on the show is not gonna follow the comic, they CANT

whats so unbelievable that i cared about carl? even when you dummies used to say those "stay in the house Coral" jokes

The show hasn't followed anything since season 2

As bad as dexter got it got NOWHERE near this bad... not even the ending

haha man I loved that show up until season 5. Season 3 was OK. Loved the trinity killer angle :rock

We'll see how this ends but I can say that I'm kind of with you as far as the writing goes. The end of Dexter was pretty metaphoric. This show seems aimless and reactionary.

Season 1 of Outcast was pretty good. I honestly forgot about it since but if 2 is avaiable I’ll check it out.

I hope Walking Dead gets back on track. I truly loved it for the first few seasons but noped out after several, IMO, repetitive arcs and the total bungling of Glenn’s exit. I do keep up with what’s going on in hopes that the tide will turn. Under the current regime it seems unlikely. When character deaths become a gimmick to the point that you’re not sure if they’re legit or some kind of meta punk it’s pretty clear the writers are focusing on the wrong drama.

Season 1 of Outcast was pretty good. I honestly forgot about it since but if 2 is avaiable I’ll check it out.

I hope Walking Dead gets back on track. I truly loved it for the first few seasons but noped out after several, IMO, repetitive arcs and the total bungling of Glenn’s exit. I do keep up with what’s going on in hopes that the tide will turn. Under the current regime it seems unlikely. When character deaths become a gimmick to the point that you’re not sure if they’re legit or some kind of meta punk it’s pretty clear the writers are focusing on the wrong drama.

Ive only been hating it for a season amd a half.... there was a point where this show was one of my favorites. I would anxiously await and anticipate every episode...

Yeah, I don’t want to dwell or threadcrap about it since many people still enjoy it - and fair play to them, I like when anybody enjoys anything. Even Rob Zombie movies.

But it really is perplexing how AMC or Gimple or whoever is calling the shots are so obstinate in the face of plummetting ratings and massively negative fan reaction. I understand ignoring internet rabble, but ratings = money. The audience is speaking and they just keep doubling down. AMC has to be a frat boy coke party that’s just ready to close when the money runs out. Right?

Yeah, I don’t want to dwell or threadcrap about it since many people still enjoy it - and fair play to them, I like when anybody enjoys anything. Even Rob Zombie movies.

But it really is perplexing how AMC or Gimple or whoever is calling the shots are so obstinate in the face of plummetting ratings and massively negative fan reaction. I understand ignoring internet rabble, but ratings = money. The audience is speaking and they just keep doubling down. AMC has to be a frat boy coke party that’s just ready to close when the money runs out. Right?

Not only is Walking Dead the highest rated show on cable not including football, Talking Dead is one of the highest rated shows on cable as well.
None of the ratings factor in online streaming which is why ratings are down for every show.

It's fine if people don't like the show for content reasons but you can't cite terrible ratings when it's the most popular show on tv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not only is Walking Dead the highest rated show on cable not including football, Talking Dead is one of the highest rated shows on cable as well.
None of the ratings factor in online streaming which is why ratings are down for every show.

It's fine if people don't like the show for content reasons but you can't cite terrible ratings when it's the most popular show on tv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The question is, how much is it gonna drop every season, because it has steadily been dropping.

Back