The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So because you either don't understand or are not fulfilled by the Governor's death, you therefore think he could still be alive? Okie dokie.

I don't get how the Governor's death was underwhelming. He and Rick beat the **** out of eachother, Michonne runs him through the chest and then, finally he gets shot in the dome by the woman whose kid he failed to protect because of his vendetta. An ending which is consistent with his death in the comic (Lily shooting him). :huh

We did see it. He was stabbed through the heart, you don't survive that.
I thought he was stabbed in the lower, center of his chest.

Anybody who believes the gov is not dead must be the same people who claimed last season that Lori was still alive because her body was never seen
I do think he's dead. But you're wrong. That's a stupid comparison. Lori's story had run it's course and there was absolutely no way she could have survived through that, even in TWD logic.

I don't get how the Governor's death was underwhelming. He and Rick beat the **** out of eachother, Michonne runs him through the chest and then, finally he gets shot in the dome by the woman whose kid he failed to protect because of his vendetta. An ending which is consistent with his death in the comic (Lily shooting him). :huh

I thought it was a pretty satisfying death too. I only wish Rick had delivered the killing blow.

So because you either don't understand or are not fulfilled by the Governor's death, you therefore think he could still be alive? Okie dokie.
His death was weird. It didn't feel right. And it's the kind of death that leaves room for him to return.

Andrea's made sense. Her story had run it's course, it was obvious that she wasn't coming back. Same with Lori.

Which means jack ****. They brought Bernthol back last season for a 3 minute flashback Lori had and a 1/2 second vision from Rick. They also brought Lennie James back as Morgan for a single episode to show he'd turned crazy. It's easily believable that they'd bring Morrissey's Governor back for a few episodes to build up the attack at the prison and close his arc. Without the build-up, the mid-season finale wouldn't have been even remotely as dramatic as it was. One could use your same logic for Hershall and we know he's dead. :lol

Morgan was supposedly busy with another series, but then just this year was suddenly available for Low Winter Sun :cuckoo: He could have been brought in as a series regular, but instead because he was 'too busy' they wrapped up his character rather than recast it.

Morrissey signed on as a 'series regular' this year. 3 episodes and a cameo is hardly a regular. It just seems like if they were going to kill him off so quickly that they should have just done it last season with the attack on the prison like we all thought was going to happen. The way they've handled the Governor this season has been very weird. They feel he can anchor 2 full episodes without the prison group and then just awkwardly kill him off the following? I just don't know what to think. I mean logically he should be and seems to be dead. But the build up and then off camera death have the film viewer in me thinking otherwise.

Its going to be a long 2 and a half months to February :gah:

If the Governor survives, that will the most unrealistic thing that has happened on this show, and that's including the zombies.

Let's say you're right. He still dies unless there was a fully equipped emergency medical team standing off camera.
That logic doesn't work in TWD. In real life there's no way Hershel would have survived having his leg sliced off with a machete in a disgusting prison with no real medical treatment, and especially at his age.

If I'm right, then the Governor is dead and never returning.

Morgan was supposedly busy with another series, but then just this year was suddenly available for Low Winter Sun :cuckoo: He could have been brought in as a series regular, but instead because he was 'too busy' they wrapped up his character rather than recast it.

Morrissey signed on as a 'series regular' this year. 3 episodes and a cameo is hardly a regular. It just seems like if they were going to kill him off so quickly that they should have just done it last season with the attack on the prison like we all thought was going to happen. The way they've handled the Governor this season has been very weird. They feel he can anchor 2 full episodes without the prison group and then just awkwardly kill him off the following? I just don't know what to think. I mean logically he should be and seems to be dead. But the build up and then off camera death have the film viewer in me thinking otherwise.

Its going to be a long 2 and a half months to February :gah:

Wasn't Scott Wilson marked as a series regular as well?

That logic doesn't work in TWD. In real life there's no way Hershel would have survived having his leg sliced off with a machete in a disgusting prison with no real medical treatment, and especially at his age.

If I'm right, then the Governor is dead and never returning.

Civil War history 100% disproves your post.

Exactly. The whole situation just seems fishy.

I thought he was stabbed in the lower, center of his chest.

I do think he's dead. But you're wrong. That's a stupid comparison. Lori's story had run it's course and there was absolutely no way she could have survived through that, even in TWD logic.

Dude I'd give Lori a better chance of surviving than the gov. Plenty have been cut open and sewn back together. However a katana through the heart.

Civil War history 100% disproves your post.
Okay. Show me accounts of the 65-75-year-old men who survived having their legs cut off.

They also have to have been living off of canned foods, rodents and dirty water for the past two years. No medical treatment either.

Wasn't Scott Wilson marked as a series regular as well?

Yeah, and he was a regular until he died. Any series regular (ie appears regularly) would be until their untimely demise. The Gov was gone, came back briefly, and then suddenly died. He was a guest star at best and they could have advertised that as such. Him being named a regular made me think we'd see more of him - perhaps his travels in the first episode even. The whole situation/marketing/etc with the Governor has just been odd this season - which is why I'm not totally sold on him being gone just yet.

I actually would have preferred him to have been gone all this year only to show up unexpectedly (like in the comics) in the future to what we got. I loved the 2 Governor episodes! I feel he is a strong character and could carry his own. I was fully behind the idea of a Governor spin off. :dunno

Back