The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC

As to showing the zomibe flashies, yes, that's what I was wondering a few posts ago - it seemed awfully specific imagery.

Nothing in the interview says Shane didn't plan on killing Rick. Your grasping at straws, dude.

Yes, the actor was trying to impart the screwed up mental state of the character, but I don't think there was any intention of making it a suicide mission by anyone else on the show. But if it makes you happier thinking Shane was trying to be the good guy at the end, go for it.

2nd to last question disagrees with you. I can accept the fact that he led Rick into the woods initially intending to kill him but the actual confrontation is exactly what I thought it was. And accept it or not, it's still entirely consistent with Shane's character.

Thanks to turtlepoop I don't need to avoid this thread. I will watch the episode tonight and oh how surprised I will be at the twists and turns. woo hoo.

:dunno

Nothing in the interview says Shane didn't plan on killing Rick. Your grasping at straws, dude.

Yes, the actor was trying to impart the screwed up mental state of the character, but I don't think there was any intention of making it a suicide mission by anyone else on the show. But if it makes you happier thinking Shane was trying to be the good guy at the end, go for it.
There was a whole lot of "part of him" in that article. I have to give Nam and Vorhees some credit for their theories as some of it was correct. But it's not cut and dry though. Shane wasn't going to let Rick just shoot him, he wanted Rick to prove he was the better man. He would have had to out draw Shane and kill him to do that. He wasn't just going to give up. I believe that is why he is saying he is going to have to fight for Lori and Carl. Shane new someone was going to die. He figured whoever was quicker on the trigger would win all. He didn't figure on being stabbed.

While part of him may have been okay with him (Shane) being the one to die, that was never the main goal. When Rick hands Shane his gun, there's no look of disappointment or resignation, as though Rick failed some test. Shane's goal was to live, and while I can buy that he was fully accepting of either outcome, there was no time during that exchange where I believe he wanted Rick to kill him.

While part of him may have been okay with him (Shane) being the one to die, that was never the main goal. When Rick hands Shane his gun, there's no look of disappointment or resignation, as though Rick failed some test. Shane's goal was to live, and while I can buy that he was fully accepting of either outcome, there was no time during that exchange where I believe he wanted Rick to kill him.

This is a perception many will have given they only watch the show in "black and white."

Now before I get slammed for that, it's entirely okay if that's the way you want to watch things. But there are several more layers to all these characters that people are refusing to see. Shane was absolutely right in calling Rick and Lori on their parenting (or lack thereof). Hopefully Shane's death will be a wake-up call for Rick. We'll hopefully see this addressed further in Season 3. This show is full of people who're both good and bad. And from what it seems, more full of people incapable of accepting that the old ways of life are deader than the walkers.

Haven't watched it yet but I also read Turtlepoops spoilers
Spoiler Spoiler:

I agree that what you are saying and argued it last night. I'm just stating that there are some aspects of Shanes character that I missed. With that said there is no part of me that thinks he just wanted Rick to kill him. He wasn't just going to let Rick pull his gun and shoot him. Rick knew this as well. Like I posted before. I think he wanted Rick to prove he was the better man.

The flashes after Shane died or was dying...hmmm... could they be showing us what happens after death. Was this the virus taking hold of dead/dying Shane? Was he tapping into their collected horde conscience? Are the walker all connected somehow like the Borg? Is that why there was so many walkers? Did they know Shane, and Randall had turned, and could sense them somehow?

I agree that the flashes are what's happening to the body (in this case Shane's) after death, before they become a zombie.

As far as all the walkers / roamers. In the books they run into packs or herds as they call it, they are drawn to sound. In this case, the gunfire drew the herd to them, IMO.

Well, I'm sure it'll make a great episode nonetheless. I really need to stop coming into this thread. I read about Dale's demise in advance aswell.

Am I the only one that would like to see the actor for Carl replaced if he's going to be a bigger role from here on out? The kid can't act for ____.

Absolutely. Something, maybe a passage of time (since they've strayed from the books already) to get a real actor in there. That kid makes me root for the Zombies everytime.

Dale was an annoyance. so glad he's dead. Shane though is a big loss to the dynamics of the group.

It would have been poetic had they allowed the zombies to rip him apart by the mouth.

The flashes after Shane died or was dying...hmmm... could they be showing us what happens after death. Was this the virus taking hold of dead/dying Shane? Was he tapping into their collected horde conscience? Are the walker all connected somehow like the Borg? Is that why there was so many walkers? Did they know Shane, and Randall had turned, and could sense them somehow?

I'm assuming that it was to serve two purposes, to artistically illustrate the turn and also show a wondering horde throughout the forest. They always have found random Walkers throughout so it's not farfetched I think that there'd be a larger group stumbling around, attracted not only to the shot but also the movements and even the light from Daryl's flashlight.

I love that it was up in the air to let him live, since it's become it's own thing that would be have been really interesting to see considering where they are going, that would have been an interesting new horizon to watch. It's going to be a long wait until next week's finale now.

Is it one hour or two?

something just struck me after watching the latest episode. rick might not realise it, but the family he's fighting for isn't really worth the effort. carl's an idiot who got dale killed and then turned a loaded gun on his own father (yeah yeah, it was in the heat of the moment but he's still screwed up), while lori is a mental case who keeps stirring sheet up (intentionally or otherwise it doesn't matter), and can't do a simple job of keeping either her son or herself safe. i kinda feel sorry for rick. :lol

also, others are entitled to interpret things how they want, but as far as i'm concerned it's quite clear that shane had every intention of killing rick. BUT he has always been one conflicted, messed up SoB. and despite his plan, shane was clearly conflicted and confused in that moment when rick started talking him down from it. rick knew that was what he had to do to stay alive, so he used it to his advantage. some part of him was probably hoping that shane would still have the slightest modicum of humanity and sanity left, and stand down. but rick was under zero delusions that he would in all likelihood have to end up killing his best friend there and then.

I agree that the flashes are what's happening to the body (in this case Shane's) after death, before they become a zombie.

As far as all the walkers / roamers. In the books they run into packs or herds as they call it, they are drawn to sound. In this case, the gunfire drew the herd to them, IMO.
Agree with the horde part.

something just struck me after watching the latest episode. rick might not realise it, but the family he's fighting for isn't really worth the effort. carl's an idiot who got dale killed and then turned a loaded gun on his own father (yeah yeah, it was in the heat of the moment but he's still screwed up), while lori is a mental case who keeps stirring sheet up (intentionally or otherwise it doesn't matter), and can't do a simple job of keeping either her son or herself safe. i kinda feel sorry for rick. :lol

also, others are entitled to interpret things how they want, but as far as i'm concerned it's quite clear that shane had every intention of killing rick. BUT he has always been one conflicted, messed up SoB. and despite his plan, shane was clearly conflicted and confused in that moment when rick started talking him down from it. rick knew that was what he had to do to stay alive, so he used it to his advantage. some part of him was probably hoping that shane would still have the slightest modicum of humanity and sanity left, and stand down. but rick was under zero delusions that he would in all likelihood have to end up killing his best friend there and then.
:clap:goodpost::hi5:

Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC (May contain Spoilers)

Anyone else pick up on the 'zombie vibes' so to call it, during Shane's scenes throughout the last episode. For example, when he was debating what to do with Randall in the shed, his actions and expressions together with some atmospheric background music really helped to start what was about to happen to him.

I felt this anyway and thought it was well done.

Back