The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC

I read that next week's episode is called "Vatos" and Kirkman wrote the episode himself. I'm sure this episode will be fairly in line with Kirkman's novels so does anyone who has read them want to discuss what next week's episode will/should be about? In spoiler tags of course.

I read that next week's episode is called "Vatos" and Kirkman wrote the episode himself. I'm sure this episode will be fairly in line with Kirkman's novels so does anyone who has read them want to discuss what next week's episode will/should be about? In spoiler tags of course.

It has been a while since I have read vol 1 and vol 2 of the comics so I don't recall how much of next week's episode was in the comics honestly. Someone who just read them or more recently might have to way in.

Shane was probably thought he was doing right at first, and he had good reason to think so--until he slept with her.

Lori sounded as if she felt deceived. I get the impression that Shane told her that Rick was dead, not that it was his opinion that he must be dead.

I'm not going to jump to any conclusions though. I didn't see Shane in a negative light till this episode, and much of that has to do with Lori pushing him away.... there's something there that's made Lori feel as if she's been taken advantage of.

If Shane was scheming into Lori from the start, then he's human swill. How he would have kept that motive clear from whatever his intentions were when he told her he was dead, I don't know.

But he could have.

If Shane was scheming into Lori from the start, then he's human swill. How he would have kept that motive clear from whatever his intentions were when he told her he was dead, I don't know.

But he could have.

I was re-watching ep 1 the other day and I couldn't help but try to read into the meaning of the scene with Rick and Shane talking in the car. Rick is pouring his heart out to Shane, his marriage is on the rocks, and for those of us who have been there we all know how tough that can be. Meanwhile you can't help but wonder if Shane desired Lori at that point? Or maybe the two even had a fling or perhaps Shane has made a move in the past? I just can't get past that part without thinking there's some depth there that's, as of yet, unrevealed.

FLOSI, she did, but how much of her anger is guilt?

And Shane was clearly after Lori. It's not looking good for him though.

FLOSI, she did, but how much of her anger is guilt?

And Shane was clearly after Lori. It's not looking good for him though.

There's definitely guilt, but would guilt be enough for her to tell Shane to stay away from her son? I can't wait to see this unfold!

I'm in love with this damn show...

Another great episode last night and we got some more insight into the Rick/Lori/Shane dynamic. I will admit that this episode allowed me to see things from Lori's POV so I have more of an understanding of her character,but I still stand by my assessment that I cannot relate to her character too well still. I never called her a "whore" and I don't think she is one. My complaint about her is sleeping with Shane was too soon after the "death" of Rick. Not what I would have done if in that circumstance but different strokes for different folks. Now she is going to have to live with that guilt until it comes out at some point later this season or next. I can't believe I am going to say this but the episode also helped redeem Shane some too. It does appear as though he lied to Lori about Rick's death and my impression is that it might be more out of cowardice that anything else. He might have been afraid to go back to the hospital and took the easy way out by telling Lori he did and Rick was dead. Shane does seem to be a bit of a coward with him discouraging Rick from going into the city after the redneck and calmly talking that idiot dude out of stoking the campfire. At the end of the episode, his frustrations all come out as he beats the cr@p out of the wifebeater. I can't believe there are some people (redneck, wife beater) who would act like a complete @ss in a time like this, but again...different strokes.

So it looks like this week we will be debating whether or not that was the redneck's hand on the roof? My take is that it was his hand. He got ahold of the hacksaw, realized it wasn't strong enough to cut through the cuff and cut his hand off using his belt as a tourniquet. He didn't have the luxury of time with the zombies trying to break through the door, so he got free the quickest way he could. As for how he got off the roof, judging from the scenes from next week's episode, it looks like he might have jumped off the roof into a garbage dumpster or pile of garbage. Three more episodes to go and then 13 more in season 2.

It has been a while since I have read vol 1 and vol 2 of the comics so I don't recall how much of next week's episode was in the comics honestly. Someone who just read them or more recently might have to way in.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I felt getting back in the city and into the department store in last night's episode was easier than I expected it would be. Did this bother anybody else?

Another great episode last night and we got some more insight into the Rick/Lori/Shane dynamic. I will admit that this episode allowed me to see things from Lori's POV so I have more of an understanding of her character,but I still stand by my assessment that I cannot relate to her character too well still. I never called her a "whore" and I don't think she is one. My complaint about her is sleeping with Shane was too soon after the "death" of Rick. Not what I would have done if in that circumstance but different strokes for different folks. Now she is going to have to live with that guilt until it comes out at some point later this season or next. I can't believe I am going to say this but the episode also helped redeem Shane some too. It does appear as though he lied to Lori about Rick's death and my impression is that it might be more out of cowardice that anything else. He might have been afraid to go back to the hospital and took the easy way out by telling Lori he did and Rick was dead. Shane does seem to be a bit of a coward with him discouraging Rick from going into the city after the redneck and calmly talking that idiot dude out of stoking the campfire. At the end of the episode, his frustrations all come out as he beats the cr@p out of the wifebeater. I can't believe there are some people (redneck, wife beater) who would act like a complete @ss in a time like this, but again...different strokes.

Actually, I think that in times of stress is when true colors tend to come out.

And yes, I'd say Shane is a coward, and most of what he does comes from that place. He also tries to lead through intimidation, which is probably not surprising considering his background.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I felt getting back in the city and into the department store in last night's episode was easier than I expected it would be. Did this bother anybody else?

Nah, Glenn had said getting in and out was pretty easy before he had the big group. And they haven't actually gotten the guns yet, either.

As to your spoiler, I don't think that will be for quite some time. I'm hoping we get out of Atlanta by the last episode, but even then we have some other potential stops...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Nah, Glenn had said getting in and out was pretty easy before he had the big group. And they haven't actually gotten the guns yet, either.

As to your spoiler, I don't think that will be for quite some time. I'm hoping we get out of Atlanta by the last episode, but even then we have some other potential stops...

Spoiler Spoiler:

True, I'm guessing them getting the guns will be hell unleashed.
Spoiler Spoiler:

That redneck guy cutting off his hand was a pretty stupid choice. Theres a whole lot of fairly important things in the arm that you have to cut through, and amputation is actually a suprisingly complicated surgery. Odds are you would be dead before you even got through. If not, you would certainly eb dead in a few minutes.

I especially thought it was stupid considering the bar that held him there was weak as hell (you could see the actor trying not to break it during his scenes) and so was the handcuff links.

Yeah, cutting through his hand instead of the pipe was dumb, but I already knew that's what he was going to do as soon as the black guy knocked over the box of tools in the last episode. I'm still enjoying this show, but it's damn predictable so far.

Spoiler Spoiler:

yeah i couldnt figure that out as well, I just didnt get cutting the hand off...I mean its a hack saw, cut the hand cuff chain or the bolt it was connected to...

Also werent they on a high building, with the door being locked, where would he go. Regardless, great episode last night.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Depending on how slow the show is, it might not be a while until that happens.

Depending on how slow the show is, it might not be a while until that happens.

I was thinking the same thing -
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

If cutting body parts is the last option, then Merle should have hacked off the pinky finger. I know I could get out off cuffs without it.

Back