The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC

The funny part is, the whole her banging Shane thing is such a small, minuet plot line to the overall story.

The funny part is, the whole her banging Shane thing is such a small, minuet plot line to the overall story.

Yup.....it doesn't really matter.

Now if she were doing a Zombie....then that would be something! :lol

:monkey1

Not if she gets pregnant by Shane, and then Rick comes back, and in that case, "Lucy, you got some esplainin to do." I doubt Rick will be okay with the "We thought you were dead" excuse.

I always feel the word whore gets thrown around a bit much by people these days.

Here you have a woman who for all she knows has lost a husband, is trying to live in a world where most everyone wants to eat her brains, may have possibly been saved, along with her son, by a man that she's known for a long time and probably just looking for a bit of comfort or normalcy. I have no idea what I would be doing in a situation like that. I think calling her a whore is a bit unfair.

As for saving his ring, she "was" married to the guy and he "died". It's not like they got divorced. She still loves him. That doesn't go away with "death".

You tell 'em Ween. :rock

Some people (viewers) are simply prejudiced by the fact that they know Rick is alive and well and looking for her and their son... and they're overlooking the fact that she clearly believes he's dead. It's a known phenomenon in writing or movies... if you present something to the audience that is unknown to other characters and it's an emotional device (like a woman sleeping with her husband's best friend) they often times project that onto the character as guilty, even though he/she is ignorant to it. Knowing the talent behind this show, this was likely done on purpose.

Nothing better than letting the audience in on what's coming, without letting them know it all. Manufacturing suspense, plain and simple. It's all over the show so far, and they're acing it.

And, as Mike said, nothing draws an audience in like challenging their moral perspective. If you want people to pay attention, that is the fastest way to their emotional core.

IrishJedi said:
It's still kinda icky, regardless. But as it develops more people will see that she's not really in love with Shane... these are just primal urges coming out in the face of the world collapsing around them. And since she believes Rick is dead I don't see it as cheating, either. Just... icky. Heh.

That was my first reaction reading the comic. You know Rick's going to make it back, and that's what he'll be walking into. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, especially someone like him, who I was completely invested in from square one.

But again, as Mike said, she's still wearing the ring, and she couldn't bear to wear it while she was having sex with Shane. To me, that says everything.

This is a natural human thing to do in a time where everything seems so ____ed up and surreal you just want to grab whatever you can that seems like a connection to the real world.

Yes. Exactly. I don't know why anyone would want her trying to take care of that little boy while she's completely detached and lost in the death of her husband. Doesn't exactly project a sense of security.

I like the character a lot so far. I think she's smart, and tough, even if she's a bit too insecure when it comes to her doubts about Shane. She's letting herself be led, and she knows she shouldn't be. The scene in the tent in the first episode when he tells her not to storm off in front of Carl gives me the sense that she's trying not to bring unnecessary conflict into the situation. She backed down to him in a way that she hadn't for Rick, and and I think it's clear that she does have more respect for her husband than her lover.

I think I like the book better

I think they are two separate entities. The second you bring a story to a new medium, you are going to have new possibilities open to you. To not exploit them out of deference to the source material would be to admit you're not willing to make your version the best it can be. If that was their attitude, I'd already be done with this. Why bother watching the series at all?

Last edited:

All I know is that if I thought my wife were dead along with most of the population of Earth after the zombiepocalypse hit, the last I would be doing is ____ing somebody, who probably hasn't showered or brushed their teeth in who-knows-how-long, on the dirt, and potentially get pregnant, brining an innocent life into hell.

Yes, that was on hell of a run-on sentence.

All I know is that if I thought my wife were dead along with most of the population of Earth after the zombiepocalypse hit, the last I would be doing is ____ing somebody, who probably hasn't showered or brushed their teeth in who-knows-how-long, on the dirt, and potentially get pregnant, brining an innocent life into hell.

Yes, that was on hell of a run-on sentence.

Agreed! :exactly:

Can anyone watch this show sitting down? I've seen both episodes now and by the end I was standing up in front of the TV screaming.

Love this show!

I'm all caught up now. Good episode with lots of tense scenes. F'n loving this show! :rock

I'm also thinking Lori was banging Shane pre-apocalypse.... I've never read the comics but I'm guessing there's going to be something between Rick and Andrea.... Poor f'd up Carl.

Why do you think Shane turned her around? :lol

Can anyone watch this show sitting down? I've seen both episodes now and by the end I was standing up in front of the TV screaming.

I think somebody needs a hug. :1-1:

Glad we got the cliche "walk around like a zombie and they won't notice you" scene out of the way too... Though I did like the way they try to explain it being based upon scent.

Between hers, Shane's, and Carl's, it paints a pretty clear picture. I have a lot more sympathy for Shane now too. I wasn't thinking very hard about him, and I'd written him off as just the guy who's ____ing his best friend's wife.

I see where you're going (though I can't view that video here at work)... Shane is more or less being used by Lori to ensure that Carl is protected. She's not so much sleeping with Shane because she's loose but because she's cares so much for her son.

Glad we got the cliche "walk around like a zombie and they won't notice you" scene out of the way too... Though I did like the way they try to explain it being based upon scent.

No issues from me, that was a plot point in the novel.

I'm a total NEWB to WD, so my background only spans the two episodes... By novel do you mean written novel? Or just graphic novel?

Graphic novel, and I was a semi-noob too; recently though I made my way through the first compendium. The series has only loosely followed the source material so far, but the scent subplot was in there.

Graphic novel, and I was a semi-noob too; recently though I made my way through the first compendium. The series has only loosely followed the source material so far, but the scent subplot was in there.

If I'm not mistaken I think it came out much later in the books, didn't it?

I'm going to try to stay away from the trade PBs or anything else for that matter and just let the show be my lone interaction with the franchise. I'm really loving it so far.

Back