The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC

I really like how they keep alluding to the cold weather (Hershel said something about it this episode. Rick/Lori also mentioned the nights getting colder).

Most likely means we might see snow next season or at least by the fourth. I like to see changes like that in shows.

I read when Darabont got fired that one actor was really upset about it and wanted to be written off....only later to change their mind, but it was too late.

I think Jeffrey DeMunn (Dale) might have been that actor, considering he has a history with, and loyalty to Darabont (worked in Shawshank, Green Mile, The Majestic and The Mist).

that makes sense because I really see no reason to kill off Dale, i felt at the very least brought some tension to the episodes and made things interesting.

Great speach by dale when they all gathered in the house. The lone voice of dissent against the mob who wants blood (even well intentioned blood). And eventually he gets one person on his side, then another. Right out of 12 Angry Men.

The bigger question he raises is "who are we?" Even when the world's gone to hell, what type of society will we live in? He asks rick a great question in why did you even safe him in the first place.

Dale made his impressions on the group before his death and i think he'd like like.

Im not saying either side was right, but at least there WAS another side thanks to dale. Dale had to be the catalyst to get some people to do what they already knew was the right thing.

Notably absent however was any counter plan offered by Dale. I think the easiest argument could have been that none of us revels in the idea of killing him, but it may be the least evil option. Dale's case would have gone further if he had some better alternative.

He relieved Rick of the responsibility; it's not like he didn't have the guts for it.

Better start killing everyone then.

A foxhole mentality is a dumb approach to their situation. Deckard and TheObsoleteMan are right.

I love how you try to defuse someone's point/argument by boiling it down to an all or nothing scenario. Just because I don't think anyone is innocent anymore doesn't mean I will kill everyone else. That is not what I am saying, but that is apparently what you are hearing so let me spell it out for you.

In the type of world the characters are now living, there is little margin for error in judging a new person or persons as to whether they are "good" or "bad". My top priority would be to protect my friends and family first above anyone else. I would be very distrustful towards anyone who I came into contact with as to what their true motives were. Now this doesn't mean I would kill everyone else on sight, but my guard would certainly be way up on someone who had already shot at the group and confirmed that he is part of a larger group of well armed men who go around raping teenage girls and make their father watch. ALL the characters on the show know this much about Randall at this point. This is enough in my mind to eliminate the threat he represents by killing him.

If I am wrong about Randall's innocence, I would be able to live with the decision I made. I would not be happy about it and I would be sick to my stomach over it, but at the end of the day I would be able to accept it knowing that my family and friends were still safe.

If I am wrong about Randall's guilt and I let him go and any harm comes to my family or friends as a result then I would not be able to live with it or accept it.

My philosophy is better safe than sorry.

Also, I re-watched the scene between Rick and Sophia. He clearly tells her to stay put because he gets winded and the Walkers don't and he needs to deal with both of them separately. Just before the Walkers approach, he says to her that if he doesn't come back then to head back the way they came with the sun over the left shoulder, etc. So I don't know how anyone can blame Rick for her death. She was panicked and left the hiding spot immediately after the Walkers chased after Rick. Her death was an unfortunate outcome of the awful world in which they now live.

Are people actually arguing over a TV show on the internet? Oh wait!

2 left!!!!

Solid episode.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Dale's death also makes him somewhat of a martyr, dying right after that speech. It's going to make them all re-think their position...and I bet that ends up trouble.

That said, I think Shane fakes the kid attacking him next week (I'm assuming you watched the upcoming scenes), just to get the group back on board with killing him. And let's not forget the gun Carl left laying in the woods down by the stream...I'm telling you, Carl is going to pop Shane. They really set that up this week, right down to the cold attitude of Carl about Randall. Carl also now feels responsible for Dale's death, driving him to action next time he sees someone in danger.

Comic/TV spoiler

Spoiler Spoiler:

Hadn't thought about Carl killing Shane. That would make for an interesting twist in the show.

Spoiler Spoiler:

You should go back, edit your post and wrap that up in spoilers. There're some who won't get to the episode until tonight. But that aside...
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

You should wrap that up too. :lol

But I disagree...
Spoiler Spoiler:

No need to wrap up speculation - this spoiler tag crap is getting ridiculous.

No need to wrap up speculation - this spoiler tag crap is getting ridiculous.

You didn't only post speculation though,
Spoiler Spoiler:

I think the spoiler tags are just as annoying as the next guy. But I don't think a 24hr window is unreasonable. After that, I'd say it's up to the freak not to pop in here to read the discussion. But 1 day is fine.

I disagree - you don't watch the show, don't read the thread discussing it. Filling this thread with spoiler tags after the show is just silly - it's when the most discussion is going to go on about what just happened. Only an idiot comes into the thread having not watched Sunday night's episode with the expectation that people should contain their discussions just for them.

I disagree - you don't watch the show, don't read the thread discussing it. Filling this thread with spoiler tags after the show is just silly - it's when the most discussion is going to go on about what just happened. Only an idiot comes into the thread having not watched Sunday night's episode with the expectation that people should contain their discussions just for them.

I feel the same about having to label the spoiler tags as comic spoilers but hey, we see ranting about the lack of it posted every other day. :lol

Back