The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC

Shane and Daryl togeather forever and alone. Humanity's last hope? No thanks. Theres a reason that even now as vocal as Shane is, no one is following him and still listening to Rick.

Because they're too busy....

Monkey+See+Monkey+Do.jpg

Also dont get the love for Daryl, the guy hallucinates his brother telling him to turn on the group, flips on Carol on a dime, and takes pleasure in torture, and takes trophies from kills. Thats stable leadership material?

I really think Shane has turned the corner. I thought having seen the promo for 211 where he suggests to Andrea that they 'change' who's in charge meant that the ep 210 catharsis was for naught... but he genuinely said "rick's my best friend" and then the promo for 212 has Lori seemingly apologizing to Shane about "screwing things up"

Also dont get the love for Daryl, the guy hallucinates his brother telling him to turn on the group, flips on Carol on a dime, and takes pleasure in torture, and takes trophies from kills. Thats stable leadership material?

I don't recall saying "leader." I recall saying having what it takes to survive.

Yep, my give-a-____ meter is still bottomed out. I don't care about any of these people whove died. The show goes a long way to make most of them unlikeable, except for a select few (Rick, Shane, Glenn, Daryl).

live-action Dale is a poor-man's comic Dale anyway.

To have a grasp on what you call reality would require sharing your slant on it. I don't.

Well, the question is, if you were living in their world, would you rather be alive or dead? Because you would've followed Rick's instructions and wound up in Hershall's barn.

Then why not lead by example if his way of life is so perfect and necassary?

Why do you think everybody keeps saying that Rick has to become more like Shane to keep the group alive? :huh

The irony is, in the comic, Rick is almost exactly like Shane.

He's just enough of Shane and just enough of Rick to dance on the edge without going overboard either way. He's the stereotypical antihero, the killer with a heart of gold. He's Batman, Clint Eastwood etc. I agree, I'm not sure he would make great leader though. Those types of characters tend to be loners.

Who says that? I can vaguely recall Lori perhaps saying it at one point, maybe?

About Shane...(comic related spoiler)
Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm guessing the comics are pretty bleak? I can't imagine this show with Shane as the lead.

Actually, the comic is just as, if not more entertaining than the show.

About Shane...(comic related spoiler)
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Really bad choice to kill off Dale, one of my favorite characters. I'd rather of them kill off Glenn or T-dawg, or any of the women. It's possible the actor that plays dale didn't only signed up for a limited amount of episodes so I'm not sure how the choice was made, either way I don't like it at all. Gotta feel bad for Dale

I really like how they keep alluding to the cold weather (Hershel said something about it this episode. Rick/Lori also mentioned the nights getting colder).

Most likely means we might see snow next season or at least by the fourth. I like to see changes like that in shows.

Really bad choice to kill off Dale, one of my favorite characters. I'd rather of them kill off Glenn or T-dawg, or any of the women. It's possible the actor that plays dale didn't only signed up for a limited amount of episodes so I'm not sure how the choice was made, either way I don't like it at all. Gotta feel bad for Dale

I read when Darabont got fired that one actor was really upset about it and wanted to be written off....only later to change their mind, but it was too late.

I think Jeffrey DeMunn (Dale) might have been that actor, considering he has a history with, and loyalty to Darabont (worked in Shawshank, Green Mile, The Majestic and The Mist).

Last edited:
Back