The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC

I don't know why, but the recurring shot of the zombie in the wheat field, bookended both times with a close up on Shane was considerably impactful to me. He is the most interesting (and obviously the most dynamic) character on the show, in my opinion.

This is the song played at the end, btw, if anyone is interested:

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mssm8Ml5sOo"]Wye Oak - Civilian[/ame]

Yes, the scene with the two cops reaffirms that they don't realize they all have the virus and become walkers when they die, no matter what. Rick does know though - and covered it up for now with his comments on the bodies showing wounds.

I thought the kids comment on knowing Maggie was interesting. If I were Rick, that comment would allow him to join the group - why? Because if he really wanted to just go back to his people and come attack them, why would he say the very thing most likely to get him killed by them? He knows they are trying to hide the location of the farm from him, so why admit he knows where it is? Doesn't mean he still might not change his mind, but that admission seems to say that he really does want to stay with them, which actually makes the most sense.

Now, whether or not he's a person they can trust - tough to say. But Shane just tried to kill Rick and he's letting him stay around...

I also thought that once again Shane's rationalization for killing the kid was interesting. He can't just be honest - the kid might go back and tell his people, and they might come after us, so we have to kill them. Instead, he tries to turn the kid into a 'bad guy', implying the kid's motivations even though he wasn't even present during the incident.

I didn't realize there were three more episodes until they said it at the end last night - I thought there were only two. Also, does anyone think it's odd that we didn't see anything of Herschel tonight, and we didn't see anything of him in any of the promos (that I've seen so far) for next week? Hmmm...

And yes, Andrea is outright stupid. Can she not see the holes in her own argument? Yes, Dale took away her choice, blah blah blah - of course, if he hadn't, she wouldn't be standing there to have that conversation, or have the time to come to grips with her loss.

So at the farm we have Herschel, Otis' wife, the blonde girl, her husband (Jimmy?) and Maggie. Is there another blonde? I could have swore there were two at the funeral. So that gives us Maggie to go with Glenn after the other four end up dead in a classic red shirt sort of way. I suspect there will be much death in the last three episodes, and I'm still betting that both Dale and Shane get killed before the season is over.

Cool, thanks. I threw my iPhone up to the TV and Shazam'd it while it was playing. I liked it right away.

Another great episode. This season while not as action packed as last year, has had some very nice character development, especially for Rick and Shane.

Gonna miss this show when this season ends, only 3 episodes left!!

:gah:

Oh, yea - forgot how good that scene at the crossroads was with Rick and Shane. At the crossroads, get it? :D

It seems that those who would get bitten (even if a minor survivable bite), would get a fever from basically contracting the virus and die as a result.

So if it's airborne and everyone is infected, why doesn't everyone get a fever and die?

Maybe when you get bitten you get some extra infection or something that you don't get in the airborne strand. I can't really think of any other explanation.

The only problem with the "everybody's infected" theory is, why does a zombie bite turn people?

So they all got infected by the virus via the air? It's airborne. They then must be killed by unsurvivable means such as a gunshot to the heart or zombies eating them alive, since the virus cannot kill them if they already have it. All it does is bring them back as walkers.

But wouldn't some things on the show contradict this? Jim was bitten in the stomach in season 1, it appeared he died from the fever and literal infection of the virus, since it kills you once you contract it. But if they already have the virus, then a bite in the stomach like Jim had should have been survivable and Jim would still be alive today.

The classic scenario is: you get bitten and you die. The virus is the reason.

But what your theory says is: You get bitten and you can survive. the virus is irrelevant unless you die.

Here are my thoughts on the infection:

Everyone is infected whether it was airborne, in the water, food, whatever.....everyone alive is infected.

Walker status starts soon after natural death, unless death occurred due to some sort of trauma to the brain.

In cases like Jim, the bite causes a secondary type of infection which induces the fever and eventually kills the person who was bitten. Similar to getting bit by any type of animal and not properly treating the would with antibiotics. Morgan explained this somewhat in Season 1 when telling Rick how his wife died.

How much time are we led to believe passed between episodes?!

The hostage kid's leg was SHATTERED. HOW the hell is he even crawling around?!

I don't recall anyone saying the bone was damaged even, let alone shattered. Herschel did say there was nerve damage, but like House, that doesn't mean he can't get around. I'd assume at least a week, maybe two - remember, the blonde chick is recovering as well from her episode of shock induced coma.

I don't recall anyone saying the bone was damaged even, let alone shattered. Herschel did say there was nerve damage, but like House, that doesn't mean he can't get around. I'd assume at least a week, maybe two - remember, the blonde chick is recovering as well from her episode of shock induced coma.

Man... i dunno.. that seems like an awful lot of damage to be up and around in a week.

How many walking dead hardcover books are there? is it still an ongoing comic?

I think most of us are getting carried away about realism in a show about zombies. You have to suspend belief somewhat with things being sterile or contanimated just like every zombie movie before this. I think if you want to go for realism the 28 Days Later films are probably more like what it would be.

I don't think the infection is airborne or even contact by fluids or most people would have got it. I do believe that a bite no matter how small will be enough to pass on a fatal infection that cannot be overcome unless drastic measures are taken. I imagine a walkers mouth would be crawling with all sorts of bacteria that would eventually overcome the bodies defenses and cause death. As far as those who turn without being bit. I tend to believe what most are saying. We all have it and will turn once we die. I have nothing to base it on but think it's like a "biblical" thing about the dead shall walk the earth. It was probably something lying dormant in everyones bodies that chose this time in history to come out, JMO though.

Last edited:

Man... i dunno.. that seems like an awful lot of damage to be up and around in a week.

It's a 1 hour drama, they have to move things along. It's like people in comas on tv shows and movies. It would take months if not years to fully recover from a coma in real life, but like Rick and the dude in 28 Days Later, they just hop up off the bed and get going.

It's a 1 hour drama, they have to move things along. It's like people in comas on tv shows and movies. It would take months if not years to fully recover from a coma in real life, but like Rick and the dude in 28 Days Later, they just hop up off the bed and get going.

Hey I get it... it just struck me a little odd.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnYGx-TpuUk&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Lol I love the back and forth banter that Dale and Shane have.

Interesting dialog between Shane and Dale. I'm interested to see what happens to Randal.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Ok a few thoughts now that I slept on it and read the posts in here:

-Randall will not last past this season
-Andrea is really a torn in the group, and shes going to have to change or go
-Everyone is already infected, but receiving a bite wound causes an extra infection which kills you (as theorized)
-With 3 episodes left, I get the feeling the farm is going to be overrun. Some of the farmies will join Rick and his group, while others will stay behind (too similar to the end of season 1, but what else would happen?)
-I was sure Shane was going to get axed this season, but now I am having some second thoughts. Maybe he'll just run off with Andrea?

Interesting dialog between Shane and Dale. I'm interested to see what happens to Randal.
Spoiler Spoiler:
I agree with your Second part but not the First.

Ok a few thoughts now that I slept on it and read the posts in here:

-Randall will not last past this season
-Andrea is really a torn in the group, and shes going to have to change or go
-Everyone is already infected, but receiving a bite wound causes an extra infection which kills you (as theorized)
-With 3 episodes left, I get the feeling the farm is going to be overrun. Some of the farmies will join Rick and his group, while others will stay behind (too similar to the end of season 1, but what else would happen?)
-I was sure Shane was going to get axed this season, but now I am having some second thoughts. Maybe he'll just run off with Andrea?
I disagree about Andrea. I think they are beginning to make her more like she is in the comics.

Back