The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

That part has me a bit stumped. Error in editing? :huh

Spoiler Spoiler:

That part has me a bit stumped. Error in editing? :huh

An intentional error I think, just to make the scene flow better. Or maybe it crossed the road? :dunno

Loved tonight's ep. I really liked the little clash between Lori and Andrea and I liked how Rick confronted Shane at the beginning.

Also it's definately airborne now imo, most likely everyones infected, and anyone who dies will come back.

It seems that those who would get bitten (even if a minor survivable bite), would get a fever from basically contracting the virus and die as a result.

So if it's airborne and everyone is infected, why doesn't everyone get a fever and die?

Maybe when you get bitten you get some extra infection or something that you don't get in the airborne strand. I can't really think of any other explanation.

A good point was bought up on Talking Dead

Spoiler Spoiler:

Great action episode!

I think its clear that they're going toward the direction of 'everyone is infected,' by the scene with the 2 dead zombie cops.

Only 3 episodes left? Damn this season has flown by.

The only problem with the "everybody's infected" theory is, why does a zombie bite turn people?

A good point was bought up on Talking Dead

Spoiler Spoiler:

In reply to your post:
Spoiler Spoiler:

The only problem with the "everybody's infected" theory is, why does a zombie bite turn people?

My same thoughts here:

It seems that those who would get bitten (even if a minor survivable bite), would get a fever from basically contracting the virus and die as a result.

So if it's airborne and everyone is infected, why doesn't everyone get a fever and die?

Maybe when you get bitten you get some extra infection or something that you don't get in the airborne strand. I can't really think of any other explanation.

EDIT: I also said this a few pages back, but it was in spoiler tags:

So they all got infected by the virus via the air? It's airborne. They then must be killed by unsurvivable means such as a gunshot to the heart or zombies eating them alive, since the virus cannot kill them if they already have it. All it does is bring them back as walkers.

But wouldn't some things on the show contradict this? Jim was bitten in the stomach in season 1, it appeared he died from the fever and literal infection of the virus, since it kills you once you contract it. But if they already have the virus, then a bite in the stomach like Jim had should have been survivable and Jim would still be alive today.

The classic scenario is: you get bitten and you die. The virus is the reason.

But what your theory says is: You get bitten and you can survive. the virus is irrelevant unless you die.

This show makes me hate Andrea more and more with every thing she does and decision she makes.

This show makes me hate Andrea more and more with every thing she does and decision she makes.

Everytime I hear Andrea play that same old tune about Dale stopping her from committing suicide, I just want to reach through the tv and strangle her. Either kill yourself or shut the ____ up about it already.

Creeper, he used the knife to kill the 2nd guard at the fence. Rick did it and then motioned to Shane that it was his turn, at which point we saw him ready to kill the 2nd zombie b4 it cut.

My same thoughts here:

EDIT: I also said this a few pages back, but it was in spoiler tags:

So they all got infected by the virus via the air? It's airborne. They then must be killed by unsurvivable means such as a gunshot to the heart or zombies eating them alive, since the virus cannot kill them if they already have it. All it does is bring them back as walkers.

But wouldn't some things on the show contradict this? Jim was bitten in the stomach in season 1, it appeared he died from the fever and literal infection of the virus, since it kills you once you contract it. But if they already have the virus, then a bite in the stomach like Jim had should have been survivable and Jim would still be alive today.

The classic scenario is: you get bitten and you die. The virus is the reason.

But what your theory says is: You get bitten and you can survive. the virus is irrelevant unless you die.

Its possible we're looking at more than one virus here. Theoretically, there could be a virus that everyone is a carrier of that turns you into a zombie when you die. Then a separate virus or infection that will kill you if you're bit or scratched by a zombie. But then it would make the whole Shane/Knife scene in the bus very questionable.

It seems the creators do have a plan, but at the same time there's been contradictions before, so I'm not sure there's a definite plan or that they won't change it for the episode or story. I think Kirkman even said something like that in one of the first Talking Dead episodes.

Maybe a zombie bite is fatal on its own. Venomous maybe.

The fact that you turn after it kills you is completly seperate since you turn no matter how you die.

Amazing episode as usual, but judging from that little sneak-peek at the end, it doesn't look like Shane learned his lesson. People like that don't change and while Rick certainly did get hardcore (let's face it, last week's episode hinted that he'd be stepping up his game towards Shane), it's going to take more than simply saving his life to turn things around. Ever since that outsider was introduced, things have been spiralling out of control, almost as if his being there created a sense of urgency that put things in perspective for every other character. Even Daryl's getting pissed about it, apparently.
The sooner that kid's out of the picture (one way or another), the better. Unfortunately, that still leaves plenty for the group to patch up. I'm not too worried about Rick's fate, being the main character and all, but I don't see Shane lasting much longer. Andrea's not too far behind. Maybe she and Shane out to have a pity party, either kill themselves or get out on their own and leave the sane behind.

Everytime I hear Andrea play that same old tune about Dale stopping her from committing suicide, I just want to reach through the tv and strangle her. Either kill yourself or shut the ____ up about it already.

Seriously. Even though ousting Shane would do the group a boatload of good, Andrea's still my least-favorite character. At least you can understand Shane's difficulties in accepting the situation for what it is, but Andrea's a delusional wreck whose presence is slowly sabotaging things from the inside. I predict Shane's death to be the center of attention during the season finale (he still has some damage to do to really sell his need to go), but Andrea's time has run out already. I'm hoping she doesn't last more than another episode.

Creeper, he used the knife to kill the 2nd guard at the fence. Rick did it and then motioned to Shane that it was his turn, at which point we saw him ready to kill the 2nd zombie b4 it cut.

Right, but isn't it possible between the time Shane killed that walker and when he used it on the Bus to cut his hand, that he cleansed the knife with some water (I'm sure they had water in the car)?

They had to go back to the car to get Randall after they killed the cop walkers.

Guys and Gals enlighten me with this I'll put a spoiler for those who haven't seen tonights episode.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back