The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The third dumbest death in Walking Dead history occurred!

What is that? A four foot spear you have? No, don't use that.... just put your back into it! Yeah! There you go! Then kill the walker with the spear.

That ruined what was otherwise a very great episode that I surprisingly was enjoying. So many ways to go.... and that was the best they thought of? Why even let this person go like that? It is mind boggling.

Stuff like that is why this show nevvvvvvver evvvvvver should win anything close to best show on tv.

Edit: I forgot the utterly stupid deaths of Tyreese and Beth. Sorry, those are way more mind boggling than this was.

Great episode. Made Morgan's decision not to kill make sense in that context. Agreed his buddy's death wasn't perfect, but whatever, it's fine for what it was supposed to accomplish. Great acting in this one.

And Snoopy, your new avatar is hilarious. Don't think I've ever seen the Beagle look that consternated. :lol

Last edited:
Great episode. Made Morgan's decision not to kill make sense in that context. Agreed his buddy's death wasn't perfect, but whatever, it's fine for what it was supposed to accomplish. Great acting in this one.

And Snoopy, you're new avatar is hilarious. Don't think I've ever seen the Beagle look that consternated. :lol

His avatar look like a female Picasso's cubism.

I didn't notice this myself ... but apparently Steven Yeun was removed from the opening credits this week. Heh.

'The Walking Dead': Steven Yeun removed from opening credits - Tech Insider

I still think it's a clever head-fake, though. They usually don't re-do credits mid-season for sudden deaths. I don't think Laurie was removed from the credits until after the season ended, not the episode after she died.

Even with that great episode ... the trailers for Preacher and Heart of the Sea (lousy Titanic-sounding title for a really badass looking movie) might've been the highlights.

I don't get how the guy's death 'ruined' anything. It wasn't a showstopper ... but it didn't need to be. Morgan was flipping-out because the return of the kid he killed tripped his PTSD -- so the bald guy stepped in to protect him, and got bit. Eh. Whatever. The more important part is that Morgan's needless murders got his mentor killed.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
​Heart of the Sea is based off Moby D ick. Just throwing that out there.

Yeah, I know. They should've just called it Moby D ick. Or White Whale. Or Ahab. Or whatever. "Heart of the Sea" sounds like a bad romance novel. I'm sure they're trying to callback to the novel Heart of Darkness with the title ... but the title only reminds me of the old broad with the blue necklace from Titanic.

SnakeDoc

I didn't notice this myself ... but apparently Steven Yeun was removed from the opening credits this week. Heh.

'The Walking Dead': Steven Yeun removed from opening credits - Tech Insider

I still think it's a really clever a head-fake, though. They usually don't re-do credits mid-season for sudden deaths. I don't think Laurie was removed from the credits until after the season ended, not the episode after she died.

Even with that great episode ... the trailers for Preacher and Heart of the Sea (lousy Titanic-sounding title for a really badass looking movie) might've been the highlights.

I don't get how the guy's death 'ruined' anything. It wasn't a showstopper ... but it didn't need to be. Morgan was flipping-out because the return of the kid he killed tripped his PTSD -- so the bald guy stepped in to protect him, and got bit. Eh. Whatever. The more important part is that Morgan's needless murders got his mentor killed.

SnakeDoc

The reason why I hated his death is because the guy is a master spears-men. Instead of just hitting the Walker in the head, or stabbing it. He runs in and just decides to take the bite. Any... and I mean ANY person would have stabbed the Walker with the spear. Both would have lived and both move on.

I rather have had the guy get killed by some random attackers that they try to fend off on there journey they had planned. Morgan... after seeing his friend die... goes all crazy again and fights them off and is about to kill them.... he learns his lesson of all life is precious... and lets them live.

Anyone else hoping Eastman gets his own mini episode? I really liked the character and I think showing what he did to that murderer, the progression of that... going back to get the picture on the wall... and just surviving out there.... it could make for a really really good episode.

Yeah, I'd be down for another episode with Eastman. Character was well written, interesting backstory and I thought the actor did a fantastic job with him.

Knew that damn goat was going to get itself killed. :'(

Sad but alright. Ready to get back into some action next week. Morgan still is ticking me off with the "life is precious" thing. Hope that Carol TCOB.

I thought it was a great episode. Very well written. The way eastmen died is just nitpicking it, the episode accomplished what most of us wanted to know about Morgan and his attitude makes more sense now.

Very good episode last night, while I was sorry to see Eastman go; his death served the back story for Morgan's new attitude.

And Snoopy, you're new avatar is hilarious. Don't think I've ever seen the Beagle look that consternated. :lol

:lol :lol :lol Thanks!

His avatar look like a female Picasso's cubism.

smiley-confused004.gif
What does that even mean? :lol

Beautiful episode. Very well written and performed. It might have lacked the action of the past three episodes, but it was powerful and intense in its own way. Eastman was such a likeable character, and I'll even say that Tabitha was too. It broke my heart to see them go. As for Morgan, everything he has said and done in the present timeline now makes perfect sense. He has certainly renewed himself as one of my favorite characters on the show.

seams like Im by myself tinking this episode was dragging like a chewing gum... Fine.. was nice to see some back story of how Morgan turned into the holy ninja turtle... but you need really that long for that ? Im not even starting about the bite Eastman got... was ridiculous .

Can we go now back please where the first 3 episodes been ?

Back