The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unlike Fabs, I'd like to see Glenn make it out alive. But I don't fault fans and viewers who can't suspend disbelief in this instance.

If he dies, he dies. But he won't!

I do fault people who get bent over it. But I won't begrudge them. They can get bent if they like.

No need to begrudge my friend. You and Ski do all the bending here ya little tricks!

Last edited:
I'm going with the halucination theory, that or sharknado drops in and wipes out the walkers

I jumped to the conclusion that Glenn was dead meat and I still think that his situation is inescapable... however, like I said earlier in the thread, I now hope Glenn does survive because I like his character.

I think most people did. It was done really well. The first time you see it, you're not necessarily paying attention to whether or not it's Glenn's chest that's being ripped open, you're focused on his face, on his reaction, on all of that blood.

When Glenn falls to the ground with Nicholas on top of him, it's as big a WTF moment as Beth taking a round to the cranium.

He watched it for four seasons. I think that's more than enough time to formulate a thoughtful opinion on the program. your point might have some validity if he never watched it at all. Also, all he did was tell you why he stopped watching it. He expressed his opinion on an open forum about a specific topic. And expressing your opinion EVEN ABOUT SOMETHING YOU DISLIKE is not dumb (as you originally wrote), and yes, it DOES make sense (as you edited). Because the contrary is that ppl only express their opinions on a subject if they have something good to say about it. You would basically eliminate dissent and therefore all meaningful discussion if it was a thread of only ppl who sang the show's praises.

furthermore, the person about whom you wrote is the only person I read who basically said that they stopped watching the show due to strains on credulity. NO ONE ELSE WROTE THAT. So to everyone who said stop watching the show, no one else said they disliked the show. The discussion centered on one incident with one character in one scene in one episode. That hardly qualifies as I find the show so unbelievable I should stop watching. Maybe a more focused read through of the day's posts would reveal that, because no one I read wrote that (with the exception of the above). If I'm wrong please show me the post(s).

Finally, there's apparently a missed irony about condemning ppl who "complain". In complaining about complainers, you become a complainer- that which you negatively criticize. In your "what makes less sense" query, you offer up ppl who complain about the show and ppl who don't watch the show and complain. I would add ppl who complain about ppl who complain to your spectrum of complainers. You are a complainer once removed.

And no I'm not complaining.
Eye was goeen 2 respon butt eye got dum after reeding yore post now eye can't fourm coheerant thoughts. Thanx a lot.

EXACTLY. Holy ****, if you don't like the show, stop watching it.

Or if you dont like the thread...

If this is true, then why are you in here? :lol

Do you miss me that much?

If I can suspend reality enough to watch and enjoy a show about zombies I sure as hell can suspend reality enough to accept Glenn can get out of that situation.

And yet here you are. What makes less sense? People who actually watch the show complaining about it or someone, you, who doesn't even watch the show, coming in this thread to complain about it?

I love this place. Never change Sideshow.

Eye was goeen 2 respon butt eye got dum after reeding yore post now eye can't fourm coheerant thoughts. Thanx a lot.

yo-dawg-i-heard-you-like-complaining-so-i-made-a-complaint-about.jpg

This is what this thread is all about :lol Complaining! We are all guilty of it! :lol

What's really ironic is that with all the wasted, steaming breath over what's wrong with the show, remarkably little analysis gets devoted to how awesome it is.

Dudes! Watch the entire episode again, very obvious whats happening.

Nick is actively hallucinating the entire show!

Nothing happened at the dumpster except Nick imagining what would happen if Glenn left him in charge. Glenn is totally out of character following Nicks orders.

The last scene is simple. Nick is IMAGINING what would happen to them if he is in charge of the situation.

The Nicholas hallucination theory seems to be a really popular idea. I've seen that posted all over the place.

I personally think the events shown in the episode actually happened. I think Glenn will slip underneath the dumpster, and that someone will come to his rescue. It might be a little too early for Jesus (but man I would love to see him!) but what about Enid? She (presumably) left the safe zone. Assuming she isn't a Wolf (I seriously doubt she is), maybe she followed the sound of the gunshots and saw Glenn and Nicholas on the dumpster, and maybe she'll distract the walkers somehow. She used that "cooking timer" trick last season, so she seems to know how to lure walkers away. Whatever happens, I have no doubt that Glenn will escape from this impossibly bleak situation, unharmed. I'm just really anxious to see how it happens.

I want to reiterate that I thought the episode was very well done. Especially the dumpster scene. Steven Yeun gave an outstanding and very convincing performance (shout out to Andrew Lincoln and Danai Gurira for their amazing performances too). You won't see me complaining about the episode itself, because I loved it. I still think Glenn's survival would take some of the emotion away from the dumpster scene, but whatever happens (within reason), I will accept it and remain loyal to the show. Besides, I realize now that the emotional gut punch of that whole scene was necessary to pull off what could be TWD's biggest and most convincing fake-out of all time.

Dudes! Watch the entire episode again, very obvious whats happening.

Nick is actively hallucinating the entire show!

Nothing happened at the dumpster except Nick imagining what would happen if Glenn left him in charge. Glenn is totally out of character following Nicks orders.

The last scene is simple. Nick is IMAGINING what would happen to them if he is in charge of the situation.

The Nicholas hallucination theory seems to be a really popular idea. I've seen that posted all over the place.

Ugh. I hope the hallucination theory will be relegated to just that, a theory.

Back