The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC

I guess?

I didn't enjoy it as much as most people did here...I thought it had 2 great opening episodes, 3 alright ones, and one pretty horrible one, which dragged it down for me.

Rick said, I believe "Stay here, if I dont come back go to the highway".

But still. I dont think anything should've happened then. I don't know the comics, so my "WHAT IF" thinking is pretty weak.

Comics are irrelevant in a sense, other than in terms of basic story beats. How they get from one to the next is for the show to work out on its own, so figure it out on its own terms.

The girl would not have been able to gauge how long to wait. She's scared and clueless. Little girls aren't survivalists, especially when they're daughters of wifebeaters. She would have wanted to get back to what she knew was someplace safe as fast as she could, and as far as she was concerned, the woods weren't safe.

It sounds like you're condemning the story because there are characters with flaws. There's not going to be much of a story if everybody is awesome.

They're flawed in a way I dont agree with. I loved flawed characters.

But come on. I think the problem is people make kids too incredibly dumb in movies and tv shows.

Look at Jurassic Park. Same situation. 12 year old is being chased by 2 monsters. What do they do? Out smart them. They use their wits to distract, and trap them. It made those kids more interesting to me that they actually survived on their own, with almost no knowlage of surviving,

Or Super 8. 14 year old Joe Lamb was able to go down to the alien's nest thing and save his lady friend.

I dont know. I like characters who are flawed....but flawed in a way that makes them interesting and makes you wonder what they're going to do next. The more imperfect, the better.

I just don't like the way Shane is, or Andrea, or Carol. I think they all need to step up in some way, to make them more interesting. I'm still shocked Shane is still all butt hurt about Rick coming back.

Sure, he probably loved Lori, and loved Carl, and he was probably doing it for Rick in his honor...but c'mon dude. Get over it already. You helped her cope, now just accept her husband and your FRIEND is back.

And stop taking it out on the kid! He didnt deserve it.

Trust me, I want to love this show. And I havent given up. I just think there is room for improvement. IMO. :D

I don't like the RV. It's flawed in ways I don't think are very interesting. How many times is that radiator hose going to be a problem? And don't get me going on how cliche the flimsy bathroom door is.

:lol

Please god yes. They have millions of cars to choose from. Hell, take a bus! Do what they did on Dawn of the Dead 04.

Just make sure the transvestite gay man doesn't land on the hot chick, cutting her in half, and causing the whole bus to crash...

I thought the girl missing was a catalyst for the rest of the episode, more character development. You start to get to the core of people's characters when something like that happens. I dunno, just my thoughts on it.

Congrats on being smarter than most in this thread.:hi5:

It sounds like you're condemning the story because there are characters with flaws. There's not going to be much of a story if everybody is awesome.

He's just hating to hate cuz all the cool kids are doing it these days.:cuckoo:

I knew something was amiss when he explained that he had no problem with flaws, so long as they were flaws that make the characters awesome.

After losing AMC channel "downgrading" my Dish Network a few months ago, I was trying to figure out where I could see the season 2 premiere. I'm very thankful that they posted it on their website at www.amctv.com! I just watched it, and it was great! I became a BIG fan of the show after seeing all of season 1! I am a comic book reader and collector, and I was aware of the comic by Robert Kirkman. I just never read it. I think the writing is very intelligent. The show pulls you in with the whole survival from the zombies thing, but to me, the characters keep you coming back for more. I don't think that Sophia getting lost in the woods was weak storytelling. Like another member said here it has helped to flesh out the characters even more. I think this show is more about the relationships between all of the characters than it is about zombie killing. Just something that I noticed. If it was only or mostly about hacking and shooting zombies....wouldn't it have been over by now?

But the writing and acting is SO good. I like that they "pull no punches" on the gore and violence, but also that they're developing characters we start to follow and care about. This show is my favorite show on TV right now without a question! :) I agree that being in danger, or tragedy, or trying to survive a situation like they're in really brings out everyone's true character. Look at what is happening now! Fighting and confusion, doubt and anger inside the group that we all thought we so "tight-knit" last season. All of that is starting to tear them apart whether they like it or not.

Rick is the shepard who's lost one of his sheep physically in the little girl. He also is starting to lose members of his flock with Andrea and Shane. They have begun to lose faith in Rick.

Maybe. But I wish the show would venture into a more realistic view point...let the brat die. I think everyone suggested that on the "Talking Dead" thing.

I dont know. I also hated how Carol blamed Rick, when it's her daughter that sucks at survival.

Even little Carl is a better survivalist then she is. He's picking out USEFUL weapons, and is pretty brave.
The realistic view point is that most people consider the safety of a child of utmost importance. I think most of us if we were in the same position as Rick would do about the same. I think what is happening in the series is a very accurate depiction of real life.

They're flawed in a way I dont agree with. I loved flawed characters.

But come on. I think the problem is people make kids too incredibly dumb in movies and tv shows.

Look at Jurassic Park. Same situation. 12 year old is being chased by 2 monsters. What do they do? Out smart them. They use their wits to distract, and trap them. It made those kids more interesting to me that they actually survived on their own, with almost no knowlage of surviving,

Or Super 8. 14 year old Joe Lamb was able to go down to the alien's nest thing and save his lady friend.

I dont know. I like characters who are flawed....but flawed in a way that makes them interesting and makes you wonder what they're going to do next. The more imperfect, the better.

I just don't like the way Shane is, or Andrea, or Carol. I think they all need to step up in some way, to make them more interesting. I'm still shocked Shane is still all butt hurt about Rick coming back.

Sure, he probably loved Lori, and loved Carl, and he was probably doing it for Rick in his honor...but c'mon dude. Get over it already. You helped her cope, now just accept her husband and your FRIEND is back.

And stop taking it out on the kid! He didnt deserve it.

Trust me, I want to love this show. And I havent given up. I just think there is room for improvement. IMO. :D
Not trying to be disrespectful here but I think the problem is that you're young. Kids today may be book smart but they are real world dumb. Like I stated before, the way the kids are portrayed is a lot more accurate than the action teens you posted. I have 4 girls and believe me when I say they get bent out of shape over some very insignificant things. They would shut down if they were around death and Zombies and very little of the luxuries that they are used to.

The realistic view point is that most people consider the safety of a child of utmost importance. I think most of us if we were in the same position as Rick would do about the same. I think what is happening in the series is a very accurate depiction of real life.

Yeah, but he's not saying that Rick shouldn't go after the kid, he's just saying in real life the girl would be dead from either a walker or the cold of the night.

I am also in the group that wants the girl to die. It would be a good move for the girl's mother's story and would really show the horrible situation they are all in.

I liked the first episode pretty much. I like the slow pace of the show and I'm really interested to see what happens when they all split up (as teased over and over and over again).

Yeah, but he's not saying that Rick shouldn't go after the kid, he's just saying in real life the girl would be dead from either a walker or the cold of the night.

I am also in the group that wants the girl to die. It would be a good move for the girl's mother's story and would really show the horrible situation they are all in.

I liked the first episode pretty much. I like the slow pace of the show and I'm really interested to see what happens when they all split up (as teased over and over and over again).
Forget the fact we're talking about real life and Zombies. Even the kids he used as examples in real life wouldn't have survived. Hell most people couldn't survive without electricity let alone a Zombie outbreak. As far as the story line goes, for those of us who read the comic it's damn near impossible to talk about the show without giving anything away. Of course we don't know how far off the comic will go from the show. We'll know soon enough I guess.

Forget the fact we're talking about real life and Zombies. Even the kids he used as examples in real life wouldn't have survived. Hell most people couldn't survive without electricity let alone a Zombie outbreak. As far as the story line goes, for those of us who read the comic it's damn near impossible to talk about the show without giving anything away. Of course we don't know how far off the comic will go from the show. We'll know soon enough I guess.

Yeah, it sucks that those have read the comics really can't discuss the show with those who haven't. I'm planning on reading the books after this season or so.

I just wish they would get better writers.

In search for a dumb little girl should not be what the episode is about.

That girl just frustrated me to no end. Don't assume she did what she did because she was young...because honestly, I'd like to think if someone who just saved your life from fleash eating monsters told you to stay put...you would've listened and stayed put.

But she didn't. That was just....I don't even know. I expect insults and all that BS, but I just didn't dig it. I liked the end though. And beginning. Even if it didn't make sense.

Oh well. Maybe Episode 2 will be better.

So you have a problem with this, but yet you find the movie The Thing to be awesome!? Damn your sense of taste is all kinds of ____ed up.

Back