The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC

This could be a show where it would benefit setting an end date. All this talk about canceling the show....rather than risking a cancellation, maybe an agreement can be met to end the show with season 3 or 4.

I do agree with most, how long can they be running around for? And once a secure location is established, the show has potential to get boring and lack emotional investment. I think four seasons would be a good run, hell even three might work depending on how season 2 turns out.

Are you familiar with the comic?...

Man, just picked up trade #14 and am up to buying the individual issues, starting with issue 85 - seemed like a good place to buy the singles....

Ready for season 2

I did that with Y The Last Man. Simply couldn't wait, so I know the feeling. When I get through the piles and stacks backed up here, TWD will be back on my must read list.

I kind of like these shorter episode seasons (6-13 episodes) because it keeps us from getting filler. I just started watching Dexter recently and its like that. Their seasons are so short, they don't have time for filler episodes like a 20-24 episode season would have on regular TV shows.

If they keep each season as a new 'story' and have the finale set up the next season's 'story' they could go on for a while. The only problem they have are the kids. If these are supposed to take place right where the last season left off, they are going to have to ditch the kids pretty quick because they will age too quickly to pull that off. So I wouldn't be surprised if Jr Grimes bites the dust this season just for that reason. Lost had to get rid of Walt afterall.

But as long as there are interesting stories to tell (and they should have plenty of material from the comic) then this show could easily last many, many years.

I kind of like these shorter episode seasons (6-13 episodes) because it keeps us from getting filler. I just started watching Dexter recently and its like that. Their seasons are so short, they don't have time for filler episodes like a 20-24 episode season would have on regular TV shows.

I feel the same way, dude.

I kind of like these shorter episode seasons (6-13 episodes) because it keeps us from getting filler. I just started watching Dexter recently and its like that. Their seasons are so short, they don't have time for filler episodes like a 20-24 episode season would have on regular TV shows..

Yup, no regular cable TV show should have more then 10 episodes a season since they can get away with less then pay channels anyway, and even the likes of HBO shouldn't go over 12 episodes a season.

20 episodes etc. your just getting garbage and poor side plots constantly.

Even The Sopranos had too much filler, the coma, the dreams, it was all afterthought crap to extend the shelf life when HBO threw millions at Chase to keep it going. Not to mention splitting the final season in two parts.

I kind of like these shorter episode seasons (6-13 episodes) because it keeps us from getting filler. I just started watching Dexter recently and its like that.
Wait until you get to Season 5.

Are you familiar with the comic?...
I am, and I can tell you that it probably is not going to work for very many years.
Pretty much every season is going to be some variation of:
-Survivors arrive at a place and think they have found a home
-Just when they get comfortable something goes wrong and a person or two dies
-They realize how currupt the place is
-Move on somewhere else

Honestly that is probably going to get old after the third season.

It would help if they have something to drive the story. A goal where the show can ultimatly end up. Otherwise it is just going to be people wandering the country while thier numbers dwindle away.

I did that with Y The Last Man. Simply couldn't wait, so I know the feeling. When I get through the piles and stacks backed up here, TWD will be back on my must read list.

Yeah, recommend it...that was the fastest i've read 14 trades....its weird being up to reading single issues, but loving it. Hope the comic runs for a long, long time

So the series has only aired six episodes at this point, and already the high profile showrunner has quit after firing the writing staff. Yikes!

been reading the comic the book it is brutal hoping they at least put some stuff from the book in the tv series but i see then changing alot .

So the series has only aired six episodes at this point, and already the high profile showrunner has quit after firing the writing staff. Yikes!

Thought the same; plus it's a pretty popular show for AMC....any reason on why he's leaving ???

How can a company who has a huge hit shoot themselves in the foot?See Waking dead and Breaking bad.

I have no doubt it was over the pittance of money the show was budgeted compared to the budget allotted to "lesser" shows.

Jesus Christ. Shaping up to usurp Firefly as the single biggest TV travesty in my personal history of favorites. What a shame...

This was funny though:

'They're scared,' confirms another insider. 'They're on a zombie show. They are all really easy to kill off.'

What a shame!

These shows need to go on HBO!

I pay premium for them! This is ridiculous!

Back