The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC

Just put together a 1/6 Rick (thanks to the talent of some very skilled boardies) in plenty of time for season 2! :rock

Here's a pic, for those of you that don't frequent the customs section.

_MG_3055.jpg

WOW! :thud:

Rick looks great, MM! Congrats, brother! :clap :rock :clap

Just put together a 1/6 Rick (thanks to the talent of some very skilled boardies) in plenty of time for season 2! :rock

Here's a pic, for those of you that don't frequent the customs section.

_MG_3055.jpg

:thud: Very nice!!! That is some awesome custom. :hi5:

(The figure on the right, may I ask what figure is that? I like the boots he's wearing. Thanks!)

And your came together very well!

I love the detail on the belt, badge, name tag and patch from what I can see of it. :D

The portrait is fantastic! :hi5:

:thud: Very nice!!! That is some awesome custom. :hi5:

(The figure on the right, may I ask what figure is that? I like the boots he's wearing. Thanks!)

Thanks guys, Grimes was the culmination of some serious talent. I'm just a lucky recipient!

@Project: That is indeed Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly, and there are more pictures of Rick and Mal in my collection thread :duff

Just read that Darabont is stepping down as showrunner. No reason given. I hope it's creative/business stuff and all is well with FD.

https://www.deadline.com/2011/07/walking-dead-shocker-frank-darabont-steps-down-as-showrunner/

Hmmm...anxious to see how that all plays out...

I love this show and I love the comic but for some reason I just don't see this show surviving, with the random weird stuff that happens.

I love this show and I love the comic but for some reason I just don't see this show surviving, with the random weird stuff that happens.

after watching the show i was compelled to buy the graphic novel...its amazing...IMO they both have there own wonderful/great moments, and im sure Darabont had/has a lot to do with some of the great TV moments as he is credited with the screenplay. I just hope that it continues if he has indeed resigned :( .with that said the graphic novel is very different from the TV show so far, but equally as compelling and thoughtfully written, and just plain awesome.

Hmm, this doesn't sound promising. A lot of changes for a show that is only six episodes old. Hope he stays on in some capacity and Mazzara becomes the show runner.

Darabont "stepping down" really means in Hollywood speak that he resigned before AMC fired him. Darabont had been openly critical of AMC and their reduced budget for TWD well before season 2 went into production. Darabont joined the creator of Mad Men stating that AMC was reducing budgets and playing hardball for no reason whatsoever considering that both TWD and Mad Men are the too highest rated shows on AMC with TWD giving the network its highest ratings ever. With DVD sales of TWD and Itunes downloads through the roof for AMC, you'd think that everything would be all cool with AMC. Apparently not. Looks like the greedy suits are killing another great piece of television. I look for TWD to be off the air after season 2.

Last edited:

that sucks Derabont is gone. This show has alot to live through. Season 2 does look promising though.

Showed my 9 year old daughter the new trailer for this.

Up twice tonight with nightmares from it.

(gonna take it as a good sign)

haha.. my wife is gonna be so mad when we have kids. She's gonna insist that they don't see horror movies until they are at least 13..

but hey, she loves me, and as screwed up as I am, I was watching them at like 5. I even had that freddy doll with the drawstring to play his voice! I made it a bed, sewed it together myself. Slept with him for years.

Until I had a nightmare he cut my brothers throat in his sleep and tried to kill me.. then he ended up in a closet.

But a year or so later, he was back with me, and still has a comfortable life. So no real damage done, right? The world is a scary place! Might as well prepare them young! hahaha..

anyways, back on track.. Darabont leaving sucks. The trailer rules. And yeah, i hope they keep trying new things with the show. Because honestly, after they get to a certain "secure" facility.. this show is gonna have a hard time staying on air. That, or they are not gonna follow that comic whatsoever! :)

This could be a show where it would benefit setting an end date. All this talk about canceling the show....rather than risking a cancellation, maybe an agreement can be met to end the show with season 3 or 4.

I do agree with most, how long can they be running around for? And once a secure location is established, the show has potential to get boring and lack emotional investment. I think four seasons would be a good run, hell even three might work depending on how season 2 turns out.

How long can you set a show in a bar (Cheers), or have a serial killer murdering people without getting caught (Dexter).

They can keep this show going plenty of seasons if they don't get lazy or greedy. Were barely going, they have just overcome their first real challenge as a group togeather. This season we know whats coming, then set it up so half the next is getting to the prison and then follow the books loosely from there. They can get at least 5-6 good, differant feeling seasons from this show properly killing off and introducing characters periodically.

Its about what you have going in, typically anything else ends up as filler. Look at the Sopranos, they had a distinct direction from the get go and it shows in Seasons 1-4 and then again in the last one. But people hate the dreams and comas in season 5 and 6 and thats because it was a plot device thought up after the fact in order to keep the show going a bit longer and get some more money. Here we already have good source material for some time to come.

The departure of Darabont has me very worried though. It will either be a very good or bad thing, I don't see there being much middle ground when someone who was that passionate about the project all the sudden is gone.

Back