The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I enjoy the show, I have to agree with that. Maybe 6 to 8 seasons tops. Or else they would have to do something drastically different in the next season or two to shake things up dramatically and freshen it up again. I mean, it's not a show like NCIS or CSI or Law and Order, where those are almost like "comfort" watching and you can pick up an episode at any point in any season without having missed anything substantial. This is a show that you want to find out what happens NEXT, what is the next predicament the heroes will find themselves in, what other dangers will they have to face this week/season, how will they get out of this spot...

And yeah, by trying to stretch things out to 12 seasons, there's an enormous chance of jumping the shark, just because they are going to continue to push the limits of the imagination to keep things going and keep it fresh.

As long as it keeps my interest, 12 season is fine with me. M*A*S*H went on for 11 and I loved all 11 seasons.

Spoiler Spoiler:

As long as it keeps my interest, 12 season is fine with me. M*A*S*H went on for 11 and I loved all 11 seasons.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I agree. As long as it's good, I'll watch it.

I can't see it making 12 seasons. Viewers are already losing interest. Despite the shows best intentions there's only so many times you can watch the same thing over and over again. The last half of season 4 was purely filler episodes.

:lecture :exactly:

It was a chore to watch it.

I hope TWD is still going 50 years from now so I have something to watch in the nursing home. I'll keep watching until someone finally takes the TV remote out of my dead, rotting hand.:lol

Way too much. I don't see Game of Thrones getting to 12 Seasons and by comparison the scope and amount of characters and story telling pales in TWD.

This is bad news imo because it means they are planning ahead of Kirkman's writing. I don't see you getting 7 seasons out of what's left. I do like the idea of the show going as long as it can but let's let it get there on it's own.

The good news is they didn't get greenlit for more than 1 season at a time. Burn Notice got renewed for like 3 seasons in one go and it ruined the show because the writers knew they had a safe job and stopped trying.

It isn't hate. It's concern. Announcing your plans is never a good idea. Now everyone will constantly labor under and argue under the assumption we have at least 7 more seasons coming.

This is bad news imo because it means they are planning ahead of Kirkman's writing. I don't see you getting 7 seasons out of what's left. I do like the idea of the show going as long as it can but let's let it get there on it's own.

Since Kirkman is on both the creative team and the production team, I would bet (fingers crossed) he has a good idea where the story is going and provided a road map; which is where the very specific "12" season announcement comes from.

People get hung up on numbers too much. They have a plan for 12 seasons. So what. It doesn't mean there is going to be 12 seasons. It doesn't mean the show has been picked up for 12 seasons. It just means they have a plan. Just a plan. A plan.

I am glad they have a plan for future seasons already mapped out. Too many shows start off with a great premise and then just wing it the rest of the way. <cough> Lost <cough> As Pixy pointed out, Kirkman is involved, so I am not too concerned about the direction or quality of the show deteriorating anytime soon.

Back