Action Figure The Terminator(1984) Arm Surgery Table & Chair set Diorama By TFG.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Terminator(1984) Arm Surgery Table & Chair set By TFG.

excellent! i had doubts yesterday (about my need in diorama, because i never used any), but now i'm happy to be in the list :)

Thanks P.!
Im the same - this will be my 1st diorama too...and its made by myself:lol
I knew from the moment I seen pics of the MMS136 figure that I HAD to make this set.
Such a rememberable scene.

Last edited:

One of my favorite scenes from the movie. I think I've got some balsa wood laying around somewhere. Already found a plan for the table here:

https://woodgears.ca/table/simple_plans/index.html

Nice!
Will you be using 1/6 dowels and screws if you make one?
Im thinking of using snipped paper staples as 1/6 nails/screws...just for added strength.
Although Im sure glue on its own is sufficient enough.
What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Haha! Nothing as elaborate as that. Those plans are just a basic guide. Super glue would probably join everything together well. White Wood Glue would give the strongest bond, but then you would have to clamp everything together etc.

Super glue would probably join everything together well. White Wood Glue would give the strongest bond, but then you would have to clamp everything together etc.

Hmm.
I might have to do some testing with the wood glue.

Haha! Nothing as elaborate as that. Those plans are just a basic guide.

Yeah, I imagine the dowels being a (unnecessary)pain to recreate in 1/6.

Last edited:

Just some advice TFG , if i was to mass produce my table , i would attach the table legs with magnets for shipping purposes , the buyer would have to do a simple assembly :wave

As far as the chair (BUBBLE WRAP) :lol

Hi looking good ..add me I will go for Option 2

Hi looking good ..add me I will go for Option 2

Done.
Youre now added to the list!:duff

Still waiting on the parts for Option 2, guys.
Im hoping they will get here soon.

Last edited:
any news?...

Yep, yesterday I FINALLY received most of the items and tools needed to make option 2.
I ordered these more than 3 weeks ago!:gah:
Well, theyre here now so I can continue a bit of work.
Still waiting on various bits and bobs needed to make the light up desk lamp.

Expect an update very soon guys.

How much will option two be please ?

Honestly, I have no idea as of right now because I still havent completed it yet(Im constantly working on it and improving things each time I redo them).
As soon as I have come up with the final build, I will do the calculations for materials used, and for the work I have to put into each one.
Id guess about £50 though.

Option 2 for me please (uk).

OK, done.
Youre on the list, my friend.:duff

Im almost ready to show you guys some WIP pics of option 2.
But first I wanna wait until my latest order of materials arrive and just finish off a few little things.
Ive basically finished it all apart from the lamp(about 50% done) and the table legs(which I will get to later)
And then the staining and weathering of the table, which will be last thing to do.
Its looking good so far:wink1:

Im reallt looking forward to the final product TFG! Cant wait to see the set all weathered down and gritty. Im especially looking forward to the working lamp. Thats gotta be a pain in the ass to put together huh? If I wasnt so short on funds these days Id be all over it. Gotta save up for my next HT though

Im reallt looking forward to the final product TFG! Cant wait to see the set all weathered down and gritty. Im especially looking forward to the working lamp. Thats gotta be a pain in the ass to put together huh? If I wasnt so short on funds these days Id be all over it. Gotta save up for my next HT though

:exactly:
All I will say is yes, a very, VERY big pain in the ass!:thud:
There are just sooo many ways to go about doing it, and coming to the most efficient solution was very hard.
Anyway, thanks for the kind words bro.

Ok guys, heres WIP pics of Option 2.
Please note that nothing is final and almost everything will be improved.
Some things are unfinished and I still need to make 3 or 4 more items.
I just quickly threw this together to give my self an idea of how it will look.

001-9.jpg

002-9.jpg

004-8.jpg

005-4.jpg

006-3.jpg

007-2.jpg

008-1.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

Back