Action Figure The Steel Brigade

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Steel Brigade Re-Enlistment

Agreed! :goodpost: I certainly underestimated how much fun folks were going to have with assembling their own troop, and that was by far the main reason for the second run. Even the most green kitbasher/customizer has something unique of their own to bring to the table.

So far for the Goldys I've heard Navy and/or pilot ideas, though both are pretty broad concepts that could really go anywhere. :rock

I think the solid blue outfit will lead to a bunch of different takes. Some might keep the sweaters and BDU pants, some might go for a jumpsuit. I'm looking forward to seeing what the other three come up with :D

are these going to be available again any time soon?

Not positive. It'll be 2011 before I even start thinking abiout third batch.

Well, I can't wait to get mine.Silver that is.

I've got a handful of shinys on the workbench right now, as well as a concept for another paintscheme/theme. Want to get these wrapped up so I can get a Jump on the next project.

Vantley are you ready for the awesomeness? :rock

:yess::yess::yess::yess:

Guess what happened to me today.... :naughty tru story :exactly:

<object width="450" height="242"><param name="movie" value="https://www.traileraddict.com/emd/5230"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://www.traileraddict.com/emd/5230" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="242" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

and no wise cracks NAM, serious ____ going on here.

Were you out treasure hunting in the Peruvian jungle again? Remember what happened the last time? :tap

:D Seriously what do you think? :monkey3

Were you out treasure hunting in the Peruvian jungle again? Remember what happened the last time? :tap

:D Seriously what do you think? :monkey3

I didn't stop looking at it for one hour :lol :yess:

Freaking awesome is what I think :rock

I'll prolly look at it some more tonight :D

YOOOOOOOOOO JOE!!!!!!

Guess what happened to me today.... :naughty tru story :exactly:

<object width="450" height="242"><param name="movie" value="https://www.traileraddict.com/emd/5230"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://www.traileraddict.com/emd/5230" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="242" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

and no wise cracks NAM, serious ____ going on here.

No wisecracks when you're mentioning the glowy awesomeness. :D

Got mine too. Though MANDO ____ed me (in a good, challenging, non-sexual way :lol). I was planning on using a Pro as the base for the figure to make a V2 SB new recruit, had it all put together and everything just waiting for the head. Then it occurred to me that Mando was making V2 as in "same SB, different outfit" version. So the correct parts and appropriate body to bash the now "veteran" goldie have been en route from South East Asia for about a week now. :lol

Also a nod and "thank you" to MANDO. Doc parts should be arriving by Monday to finish that bash. Once he's assembled I'll hit up EF for tapes and patches and the team will have a medic.

YEa, still gathering my parts for Doc.

Here's what I've got so far, Russian BDUs, Obamalamadingdong noggin, Lando bod & hands, ACE (?) Helmet and Duke boots. Ain't much, but he's coming together:

100_8311.jpg

After that shot, I unbloused the pants, opened up the collar of the shirt to show his white T and am currently experimenting with a SAW vest and some medic accessories from WT. Have a backpack, drop holster and drop pouch en route. I never really felt the mortar was appropriate so I'm currently debating which AR to give him.

Not bad. I'll be going with the original figure style look :)

Glad to hear you guys're getting some mileage out of that Doc thread. Took me forever to find a good head, and now that TT head is out and plentiful. It looks perfect and I can't wait to see how it looks.

Nam, can we see a mock-up of your previous Goldy bash? I like that helmet on Doc! :rock

Was it a mortar on the original figure? I thout it was for flares. The red belt is crucial, imo, at least aesthetically cause it breaks up the tan on tan.

I always thought it was a flare. Yea, the red is important.

Glad to hear you guys're getting some mileage out of that Doc thread. Took me forever to find a good head, and now that TT head is out and plentiful. It looks perfect and I can't wait to see how it looks.

Nam, can we see a mock-up of your previous Goldy bash? I like that helmet on Doc! :rock

He's been eaten by cannibals. :lol Just spare parts sitting around waiting for the jumpsuit and Wesker bod.

Doc's a very interesting beast. I want to update him but at the same time, he seems like that oldschool, cool under fire, badass so I need to retain as much of that as possible. Red belt is on (got it from that gay demon dude from Angel), but it'll be covered by the battle belt when that arrives. You guys are right about the flare. I always thought it was a mortar. :lol

I like the vest idea that you have, but you're right he's definitely not gonna ____ if a mortar flies over his head. :lecture
I always saw Doc as more of an HQ figure, but a fieldgear version using the classic theme would be cool, plus you could take and leave to change him up from time to time.

It'll be 2011 before I even get there, if I go there. Couple other projects I want to get off the ground in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back