Action Figure The Steel Brigade

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Steel Brigade Re-Enlistment

I'm in the same boat as a lot of the guys here. I don't know crap about a lot of the gear and weapons and stuff out there. So when bashing a figure, I just have to go upon looks. But I really do appreciate the knowledge Nam and other military enthusiasts bring to the board.

I think the Cobra Trooper suspender system would work well for the web gear, a simple mod and it could look fairly faithful to the original figure. Only thing is the ammo pouches work best for AK mags.

I've already made the decision to go with a custom suspender system, first time I've ever attempted it. Strangely, I've also made the decision to display mine with a AKU-94 so a couple of those trooper mag pouches would be handy. I'll be lifting a few from my trooper (two is enough for him). So I almost have the gear sorted out, just one issue is a spare pistol mag pouch where the Knife goes on the chest. I want to give mine a Beretta 93R so I have to figure out where to get or how to make the mag pouch. The extra mag itself will have to come from a Beretta 92.

I thought maybe one of these would work: Store Rooms It belongs to a Glock 18 but I'm hoping a Beretta style mag might fit. If not, I might as well just give mine a Glock 18 (still really want to use that Beretta for something special).

I think the Cobra Trooper suspender system would work well for the web gear, a simple mod and it could look fairly faithful to the original figure. Only thing is the ammo pouches work best for AK mags.

I've already made the decision to go with a custom suspender system, first time I've ever attempted it. Strangely, I've also made the decision to display mine with a AKU-94 so a couple of those trooper mag pouches would be handy. I'll be lifting a few from my trooper (two is enough for him). So I almost have the gear sorted out, just one issue is a spare pistol mag pouch where the Knife goes on the chest. I want to give mine a Beretta 93R so I have to figure out where to get or how to make the mag pouch. The extra mag itself will have to come from a Beretta 92.

I thought maybe one of these would work: Store Rooms It belongs to a Glock 18 but I'm hoping a Beretta style mag might fit. If not, I might as well just give mine a Glock 18 (still really want to use that Beretta for something special).

I actually gave my second Cobra Trooper the 21st Century U-94 and made him a pointman.

-Finally had a chance to get to the hobby store. Should have the new mold going down by tonight.

-Goldies are awaiting deployment.

-Finally had a chance to get to the hobby store. Should have the new mold going down by tonight.

-Goldies are awaiting deployment.

Awesome :D

Now I'm just trying to figure out where to find a blue (non-navy) sweater...

What's wrong with the blue sweater? That's what the card art shows the figure using.:dunno

Nothing's wrong with blue...I was just trying to state that I want a lighter blue to match the card art. The dark navy blue sweaters that seem to be the only ones I can find right now.

Nothing's wrong with blue...I was just trying to state that I want a lighter blue to match the card art. The dark navy blue sweaters that seem to be the only ones I can find right now.
You can always dye one the color you want with matching pants to go with it.

Put these in my customs thread and forgot to stick them in here. :duh One final shot of the Goldys before I wrap them up and ship em out. :flag

SBwrapup-1.jpg

SBwrapup1.jpg

SBwrapup3.jpg

SBwrapup2.jpg

SBwrapup4.jpg

sbwrapup.jpg

Put these in my customs thread and forgot to stick them in here. :duh One final shot of the Goldys before I wrap them up and ship em out. :flag

SBwrapup-1.jpg

SBwrapup1.jpg

SBwrapup3.jpg

SBwrapup2.jpg

SBwrapup4.jpg

sbwrapup.jpg

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/95SYdjRVCR0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/95SYdjRVCR0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>​

Awesome Mando! Can't wait to get it. And I'm slowly working on the outfit for Goldie now. :D

I really love seeing what you guys do with these! Sure the first batch all had a somewhat similar theme outfitwise, but that was about all they shared. Each one was made specifically to the member's own tastes, similar in essence to the original concept of the mail away! :rock

I really love seeing what you guys do with these! Sure the first batch all had a somewhat similar theme outfitwise, but that was about all they shared. Each one was made specifically to the member's own tastes, similar in essence to the original concept of the mail away! :rock

:blissy
:blissy:blissy
:blissy:love:blissy
:blissy:blissy
:blissy

That was and will be with these new noggins, one of the coolest aspects about this. Each person really made it their own; from EF's strict adherence to the OG design, to Elvis' uber weathered brigadier.

Agreed! :goodpost: I certainly underestimated how much fun folks were going to have with assembling their own troop, and that was by far the main reason for the second run. Even the most green kitbasher/customizer has something unique of their own to bring to the table.

So far for the Goldys I've heard Navy and/or pilot ideas, though both are pretty broad concepts that could really go anywhere. :rock

are these going to be available again any time soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back