The "Sideshow, Complete the Fellowship in PF! Petition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol Well, if I have the option of SS saying they are "moving forward with designs for PF versions" or saying "Sorry, we don't think there's enough interest to warrant Hobbit PF's" I know which one I'll take. :wink1:

Agreed! :clap

Think of the bright side. At least you know you're getting the Prologue Elven warrior PF you so desire....oh wait, that's a maquette design....never mind. :naughty

It's ok, I'll take whatever they give me in PF format. :slap :lol

Now the real nail biting wait starts. The news on the 'maquette' line is not news at all, just SS reconfirming that this line will be getting it all :lecture

The news that they will be 'moving forward' in the PF designs gives a bit more fuel to the flickering light of hope for Hobbits, Men of Gondor and Dwarves everywhere. :pray:

Keep up the pressure and watch this space. Thank you to all supporters so far :clap

Unless of course the first two that are released just don't sell, in which case much like the past, don't expect to see the others. And, if the statues don't sell, then what do you think are the chances that the PF's will be made.

Sorry for the little dose of reality.

You are so right Guru.

This is but just the start of the 9 in PF quest. Next step will be to put our money where our mouth is.
As you say 'if the statues don't sell, then what do you think are the chances that the PF's will be made'
And if the first of the Hobbit PFs don't sell then that will be that, I'm afraid.

So it will be up to us, as SS look as though they are going to do their bit.

Bill

I just hope they do Sam first, as if that is to be it, i'd rather have Frodo and Sam PFs, rather than Frodo and Merry or Pippin.

You are so right Guru.

This is but just the start of the 9 in PF quest. Next step will be to put our money where our mouth is.
As you say 'if the statues don't sell, then what do you think are the chances that the PF's will be made'
And if the first of the Hobbit PFs don't sell then that will be that, I'm afraid.

So it will be up to us, as SS look as though they are going to do their bit.

Bill

Bill, I think SS has more than shown us so far that if they successfully capture any characters likeness, the statue will sell. Bombing where likenesses are concerned is the only way Hobbit maquettes and PF's won't sell and this is hardly a new revelation. It is also something SS is well aware of.
But you're right, it will be up to "us" to support Hobbit maquettes/PF's with our wallets. As for those supposed LOTR fans, who like to throw around opinions, but never support either line with their wallets....not so much. :nono

I just hope they do Sam first, as if that is to be it, i'd rather have Frodo and Sam PFs, rather than Frodo and Merry or Pippin.

That's a pretty good call. I'd be shocked if a Sam PF isn't produced first, and Pippin last. :lecture

Bill, I think SS has more than shown us so far that if they successfully capture any characters likeness, the statue will sell. Bombing where likenesses are concerned is the only way Hobbit maquettes and PF's won't sell and this is hardly a new revelation. It is also something SS is well aware of.
But you're right, it will be up to "us" to support Hobbit maquettes/PF's with our wallets. As for those supposed LOTR fans, who like to throw around opinions, but never support either line with their wallets....not so much. :nono

Yep, I agree for the most part Collin. If SS don't get the likeness right in the PF they won't sell for sure. If on the other hand, they do, there is still no certainty they will sell IMHO. The Hobbits just don't seem to have as much an appeal as other characters. Don't get me wrong, I will be in for every Fellowship PF SS produces (subject to quality and likeness), but I know others won't. However having said all that, I am sure SS will do a great job on the remaining 9 of the Fellowship in PF and they will sell well (if the ES is not too high). All we have to do, to assure its completion, is to buy them!

Bill

Yep, I agree for the most part Collin. If SS don't get the likeness right in the PF they won't sell for sure. If on the other hand, they do, there is still no certainty they will sell IMHO. The Hobbits just don't seem to have as much an appeal as other characters. Don't get me wrong, I will be in for every Fellowship PF SS produces (subject to quality and likeness), but I know others won't. However having said all that, I am sure SS will do a great job on the remaining 9 of the Fellowship in PF and they will sell well (if the ES is not too high). All we have to do, to assure its completion, is to buy them!

Bill

That's exactly what people were saying when SS started the maquette line with Aragorn, Gandalf, and Legolas. The feeling was these characters had been "done to death" and that people weren't going to buy yet another version of the same old characters. Obviously the "experts" were wrong and the quality of the statues more than made up for any oversaturation concerns. And while I am in no way suggesting Hobbit maquettes/PF's will be on par [popularity-wise] with other members of the Fellowship, I firmly believe we will see decent ES numbers should the quality be there.

That's exactly what people were saying when SS started the maquette line with Aragorn, Gandalf, and Legolas. The feeling was these characters had been "done to death" and that people weren't going to buy yet another version of the same old characters. Obviously the "experts" were wrong and the quality of the statues more than made up for any oversaturation concerns. And while I am in no way suggesting Hobbit maquettes/PF's will be on par [popularity-wise] with other members of the Fellowship, I firmly believe we will see decent ES numbers should the quality be there.

Yep, you are so right Collin. On one wishes both the Maquette and PF lines every success more that I do. God knows, I have spent enough money on PFs up to now and I plan to spend a good deal on the Maquette line too. But I just have this worry that there are only a few of us (yourself included I know) who would spent their hard earned cash on the Hobbits in PF form. Sure hope my worries are unfounded. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Bill

Bill

Likeness is so very much the key to having good sales for the remaining Hobbits, even more so than the pose I believe. It's gratifying that Sideshow has shown such improvement as regards that aspect in the most recent releases. If that trend continues then they'll certainly have no problem selling out the Hobbits. If there's doubt on their part, a smallish ES for each should take care of that concern.

Sideshow, if I could give some unasked-for advice, just NAIL the facial features and you're in the chips!

Don't give up on the Hobbits in PF. I feel that the first set of films started the ball rolling for a lot more people and encouraged them to read the stories for the first time which has led to a better understanding of the characters of Hobbits. And now with the growing hype behind the new film, I'm hoping it will make them more popular than we might expect ! :)

just NAIL the facial features and you're in the chips!

You are so right gfdill.:hi5:

In the PF line, I personally am hoping they produce Sam first.

Something like this, with a SS twist, would do very well I should think.

SamwithStingLight.gif

Bill

You are so right gfdill.:hi5:

In the PF line, I personally am hoping they produce Sam first.

Something like this, with a SS twist, would do very well I should think.

SamwithStingLight.gif

Bill

I would be shocked if SS doesn't produce Sam first, and a Sam with a light-up Phial of Galadriel and Sting is one of the to suggestions I've forwarded to SS. The other is Sam and Bill. :)

Last edited:
I would be shocked if SS doesn't produce Sam first, and a Sam with a light-up Phial of Galadriel and Sting are one of the to suggestions I've forwarded to SS. The other is Sam and Bill. :)

Yeah, Sam and Bill would be awesome for sure Collin...we all know what a great piece the SSW version is :clap...but I'll be more than happy if SS produce Sam with a Phial (light-up of course) and Sting. :clap Would be quite a bit cheaper too! :wink1:

Bill

I would be shocked if SS doesn't produce Sam first, and a Sam with a light-up Phial of Galadriel and Sting is one of the to suggestions I've forwarded to SS. The other is Sam and Bill. :)

Sam versus Shelob in PF in that pose is exactly what I suggested as an addendum to one of my requests regarding completing the Fellowship when I used the SS product suggestion form. It perfectly sums up Sam's bravery and dedication. I think it would do extremely well.

Sam versus Shelob in PF in that pose is exactly what I suggested as an addendum to one of my requests regarding completing the Fellowship when I used the SS product suggestion form. It perfectly sums up Sam's bravery and dedication. I think it would do extremely well.

I take it you mean Sam without Shelob. :wink1: I recently asked SS about the prospects of a Sam and Shelob piece and here is their response:

Monday, February 7th, 2011

Question : Concerning a future Samwise Gamgee maquette – would Sideshow consider a composition based on his encounter with Shelob with the phial of Galadriel in one hand and Sting in the other? Also, since the dio. line has been incorporated into the new maquette line could a Sam vs Shelob maquette be a possibility?

Answer : Current plans pair the hobbits as Frodo with Sam and Merry with Pippin. A Sam VS Shelob is possible, but not part of our current planning.

Samwise the Brave PF complete with his switch out 'Pan of Pandemonium' as an exclusive! Complete with string of sausages and mushrooms poking out of his back pack for a quick fry up of a 3rd breakfast :lecture

I'd like a Sam fighting Shelob maquette most, but as it looks like we're getting Frodo and Sam together, that won't be possible, so it makes sense for it to be the PF. Which is great, but i won't buy it as it just wouldn't fit in with my collection, at least not in the same way a GTG PF would.

That would be my choice as well for Sam but since as you said they will be together that won't happen. What I would like to see is say them at the end of FOTR looking towards Mt. Doom getting ready to start that part of the journey.

Clearly Sam and Frodo are to be teamed up together in the maquette line, but SS didn't exactly rule out a potential Sam vs Shelob maquette somewhere down the road.........:dunno

Clearly Sam and Frodo are to be teamed up together in the maquette line, but SS didn't exactly rule out a potential Sam vs Shelob maquette somewhere down the road.........:dunno

Right that could happen down the line. I'm more thinking as they make their first appearance in this line.

Back